03-25-16 05:59 AM
29 12
    I had the same issue, I bought a preowned passport last week I just started using it it and thought I bought a lemon as the keyboard backlight would have a delay in it. After I did a security wipe and restored it from an old file it now works fine. So the security wipe seemed to work for me so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 04:13 PM
    Is it still under warranty? If yes, try to return it and get a new one.

Posted via CB10
    No, bought it used ("good as new") and for the longest time it was. No chance to get it changed for a new one now that I was in there to disconnect the battery. So I'll have to live with it.
    Well it seems the sensors are on a separate board actually, not directly soldered to the main board. I found this item, however totally overpriced: https://inforesheniya.ru/aksessuary-...y_Passport/en/
    The item description actually mentions that replacing this chip may solve exactly the sort of problems I have here.
    Well, that store also sells the original battery for 109 US-$ and the empty original cardboard passport box for 24 US-$, so I think a realistic price estimate is around 8 to 12 US-$ for the sensors piece. Hope I can find one somewhere else...
    03-24-16 01:55 PM
    Had those problem persist, you need to return it for service or replacement...got my pp back in track after sent for servicing

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 01:28 AM

Just disassembled the phone once again and got down to the tiny sensor board. Pulled it out for inspection but no obvious problems there. Cleaned the contacts (only the PCB ones, not the spring contacts because they are easily bent too far), then put it all back together, and for now, it actually appears to be solved! Whatever I try now, the issue does not come back.
    So maybe all this boils down to a weak contact, and the repair is "tear it down, put it back together", with a little cleaning in between.
    I'll keep an eye on it of course.
    03-25-16 05:59 AM
29 12