So I've convinced my sister to upgrade her S3 to the new Passport but it seems she's experiencing some problems with it. The first being that it froze on her. Completely. From what she described it sounds like when there was that huge Z10 freezing problem back in 2013 when 10.1 or the 10.1 maintenance release were launched.

Another more recent problem was when she was streaming through YouTube using the browser. She had some sleeping sounds on it (I think) while she was sleeping and she claims it started making some fizzing sound. She can't clarify if it was from the speakers or if it sounded like an electrical fizz so I'm not really sure what's going on here.

I was thinking of reloading the OS until 10.3.1 is hopefully released for the Passport. Has anyone else experienced these problems? If so what can I do for her? I don't want her to regret getting a BlackBerry!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    10-20-14 05:13 PM
    Have not experienced any freezing at all, or fizzing sounds for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:16 PM
    Mine is working fine with no glitches. Hope she can another one. The reason being is this phone is truly amazing and a great piece of hardware!
    10-20-14 05:17 PM
    Quick question when she experienced freezing is she using wifi ? If so is not the phone but your wi-fi provider, since I had this phone I haven?t experienced anything wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:21 PM
    If I heard fizzling or frying sounds coming from my brand new passport, I would have swapped it for a brand new one already

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-20-14 05:34 PM
    Quick question when she experienced freezing is she using wifi ? If so is not the phone but your wi-fi provider, since I had this phone I haven?t experienced anything wrong with it.

Posted via CB10
    The whole OS froze not just the streaming. It freezes regardless of using the browser - she was casually Whatsapping the other day and it froze then too.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:34 PM
    Mine is working fine with no glitches. Hope she can another one. The reason being is this phone is truly amazing and a great piece of hardware!
    I didn't think if that! Thanks I'll look into that.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:35 PM
    If I heard fizzling or frying sounds coming from my brand new passport, I would have swapped it for a brand new one already

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    The thing is, customer service isn't the best here in the UK

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:36 PM
    The thing is, customer service isn't the best here in the UK

Posted via CB10
    Should just be a store/retailer policy for goods purchased within a certain time.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:46 PM
    Should just be a store/retailer policy for goods purchased within a certain time.

Posted via CB10
    It sounds simple but it rarely ever translates to a simple practice X_X

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:21 PM
    It sounds simple but it rarely ever translates to a simple practice X_X

Posted via CB10
    True. Hopefully it works out though. Remember there's also the free 30 day support card inside the Passport box if all else fails.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:15 PM
    Just got mine today and haven't experienced any of these problems! .

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:30 PM
    I would try a hard reset. Usually it does work and solves a lot of problems. My PP is totally cool so far, no hiccup whatsoever.

Posted via my square wonder thingie
    10-20-14 08:00 PM
    YUP OP is right, it's been freezing up on me as well. You need a hard reset but is that really the solution ?

I think we should 'help' blackberry to resolve these issues by listing problems related to the phone and hopefully it's all software related.
    10-20-14 08:21 PM