Title says it all! Tried sincerely Priv for four months but back to Passport
    Reasons:

1-poor battery life of Priv
    2-better hub on passport
    3-passport is way professional in email handling
    4-poor music and low loud speaker on priv

Everybody likes newer devices but BlackBerry let me degrade

Posted via Priv...
    04-05-16 09:53 AM
    Was hoping the Priv would be equal to Passport but doesn't sound like it. How was typing on the keyboard compared to the Passport?
    04-05-16 12:00 PM
    Agree with all of the points you mentioned. I've had my Priv since early January and although I don't dislike the phone, it has some good points but as I use my phone primarily for work, and I'm not an app junkie, as a daily driver it just isn't a a patch on the Passport.

I would add to the points you mentioned the less-than_premium build quality and materials on the Priv and the inferior pkb.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-05-16 12:02 PM
    Jesus really? All points could be said about any android phone. The Priv is better. Passport is luxury and now blackberry has partnered with the gold plating company in Vietnam. Let's see some more gold Passports!

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    04-05-16 12:08 PM
    Me switch back too after 3 month.
    Point 2, 3, 4 for me.
    I was satisfied with battery time on Priv

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 12:30 PM
    I would love to see Priv with BBOS 10. However, it is beautiful device, such as Passport is.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 12:31 PM
    I think I am done with BBOS... I guess I am an app guy. It's frustrating with some of the ports from the Google Play Store.
    04-05-16 01:00 PM
    I made the switch from priv to passport also bb10 os is just so much better imo I liked the apps screen and camera and will go back and forth between the two but this silver edition is real nice

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 02:46 PM
    Was hoping the Priv would be equal to Passport but doesn't sound like it. How was typing on the keyboard compared to the Passport?
    Better typing experience with Priv but don't like the keyboard material on Priv

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 03:12 PM
    I would love to see Priv with BBOS 10. However, it is beautiful device, such as Passport is.

Posted via CB10
    Same here! Love to see Priv with OS10

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 03:13 PM
    Me switch back too after 3 month.
    Point 2, 3, 4 for me.
    I was satisfied with battery time on Priv

Posted via CB10
    I don't use FB and many other Android apps but still my battery doesn't last full day(12 hours with SOT 3 hrs)

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 03:15 PM
    What kind of battery life are most people getting from the priv? Is it drastically different?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 08:04 PM
    I think you guys are being way too hard on the Priv. For an Android device it is very very good. And it may be expensive, but I don't think it's overpriced. It offers a lot for the money.

What other Android phone has these features at this price point:
    - double edged screen
    - PKB
    - up to 2 terabyte capacity
    - hub functionality
    - a more secured Android platform

You're getting a lot more than your average Android phone.

Oh the Passport is better? Well yeah BB10 is a better OS than Android ...we all know that. And BlackBerry had time to perfect BB10 and the Passport is the culmination of many years of effort. It would almost be embarrassing if BlackBerry's best BB10 phone wasn't better than their first Android phone.

If I didn't know about BB10 I'd think the Priv is the cat's *** or the bees knees.
    gritsinct likes this.
    04-05-16 08:30 PM
    I think you guys are being way too hard on the Priv. For an Android device it is very very good. And it may be expensive, but I don't think it's overpriced. It offers a lot for the money.

What other Android phone has these features at this price point:
    - double edged screen
    - PKB
    - up to 2 terabyte capacity
    - hub functionality
    - a more secured Android platform

You're getting a lot more than your average Android phone.

Oh the Passport is better? Well yeah BB10 is a better OS than Android ...we all know that. And BlackBerry had time to perfect BB10 and the Passport is the culmination of many years of effort. It would almost be embarrassing if BlackBerry's best BB10 phone wasn't better than their first Android phone.

If I didn't know about BB10 I'd think the Priv is the cat's *** or the bees knees.
    No doubt priv is far better than any other Android phone even galaxy

Posted via Priv...
    04-06-16 02:13 AM
    Better typing experience with Priv but don't like the keyboard material on Priv

Posted via CB10
    Not solid and clicky enough like PP?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 03:08 AM
    For an Android phone. I mean, since you did qualify your entire post by saying "For an Android device it is very very good"
    04-06-16 09:11 AM
    No doubt priv is far better than any other Android phone even galaxy

Posted via Priv...
    Consumer Reports just came out with their review of the S7 and S7 edge. They say that the Samsung's are the absolute best phones in the market.
    04-06-16 09:14 AM
    Consumer Reports just came out with their review of the S7 and S7 edge. They say that the Samsung's are the absolute best phones in the market.
    And $100 more expensive than the Priv.

S7 Edge - $999 in Canada
    iPhone 6 - $915 in Canada
    iPhone 6 Plus - $1054 in Canada
    BB Priv - $899 in Canada

Again you're getting things on the Priv that you're not getting on any other phone and you're getting it at a better price.
    04-06-16 11:35 AM
    Anyone wants to use their Priv to swap for my Passport? Glad to do it!

Mia San Mia!
    04-06-16 11:58 AM
    And $100 more expensive than the Priv.

S7 Edge - $999 in Canada
    iPhone 6 - $915 in Canada
    iPhone 6 Plus - $1054 in Canada
    BB Priv - $899 in Canada

Again you're getting things on the Priv that you're not getting on any other phone and you're getting it at a better price.
    The review is not based on price. It's based on performance.
    04-06-16 12:25 PM
    The review is not based on price. It's based on performance.
    Things can be done with both devices! I don't know what you meant by "performance" but Priv can do anything which can be done by S7. Priv is better than s7 imo, sleek with PKB! Regarding consumers report most of us are "sheep's herd" now a days. Buy what suite you.

Posted via Passport,
    04-06-16 02:20 PM
    i got the priv back in november and i switched back to the passport se last month. i agree with your points. battery is killer on the pp and i am fine with using colbalts method to get google play on the pp for the necessary apps. the one thing i miss from the priv is the notifications, mostly the sports ones. still trying to find some kind of replacement
    04-06-16 02:38 PM
    Things can be done with both devices! I don't know what you meant by "performance" but Priv can do anything which can be done by S7. Priv is better than s7 imo, sleek with PKB! Regarding consumers report most of us are "sheep's herd" now a days. Buy what suite you.

Posted via Passport,
    Better cameras, faster chip, much better display just to name a few.
    04-06-16 03:43 PM
    Better cameras, faster chip, much better display just to name a few.
    Better Camera;
    Samsung was famous for LCD making company and they do the trick with Samsung phones. Average picture looks good on very good screen. Send me any picture taken from S7 and I'll show the match

Faster chip:
    Take Priv and s7 and do one task on same phones and let me know the difference.

It's just a sale race

Posted via Priv...
    bigjman likes this.
    04-07-16 01:34 AM
    That's too bad. My experience with the Priv has exceeded my expectations in every way. I love BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10, and basically everything they do, so I'm glad you are at least still on BlackBerry by way of a Passport. Passport is absolutely awesome too!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-07-16 02:38 AM
42 12