I saw a article on Fortune where the reviewer's article is titled, "The Passport is not the BlackBerry you're looking for." (I'm shy by one post of link-posting privileges, but the article is by Jason Cipriani. Just Google it.

It seems his main hang-up lies in the touch-enabled keyboard. He asserts at old-school hardware keyboard enthusiasts won't like it.
    He says:

"As for that keyboard: It�s much different than the physical keyboards found on other BlackBerry devices. The Passport�s keyboard is limited to three rows (the classic BlackBerry arrangement is four). The bottom row is split by a spacebar. The shift and symbol keys, normally found flanking the space bar, now reside on the screen in digital form.

Like most people, I use a virtual keyboard on my personal phone. I found it a struggle to readjust to a physical keyboard. The first day I felt like I was blindly mashing the keys in an effort to elicit coherent words from it. (Luckily, BlackBerry 10 includes a mechanism to correct misspelled words, even when a physical keyboard is used.) The pain eased over time. Still, I�m not sure that traditional BlackBerry users who are quick to profess admiration for the classic BlackBerry keyboard would be singing praises of the Passport�s version."

That's doesn't seem to be the overwhelming sentiment we're seeing, although of course there are a range of reactions to any device configuration.

For those of you who have the BlackBerry Passport, what would you say in response?
    10-15-14 05:30 PM
    Bear in mind it is an opinion, one to which the author is entitled, even if the majority of Passport users disagree. That being said, I would imagine the Passport keyboard would probably take a few days to get used to, especially for those coming from a virtual keyboard.
    10-15-14 05:52 PM
    Sorry but these reviewers are all going to look like fools when its all said and done because anyone with a passport knows the truth and word of mouth will spread on how awesome these things are.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 05:54 PM
    I get that, but he's deigning to speak for other BlackBerry users in saying "the Passport isn't for them." That's my point. Of course reviewers are entitled to say whatever they want, but to make a statement like that is a tad risky when others disagree.

“BlackBerry recently released the Passport and it comes with the best hardware QWERTY keyboard ever released.”
    -ZDNET

“Best in-class QWERTY keyboard.”
    -Know Your Mobile

“I think it is the best QWERTY keyboard on the planet, and BlackBerry has actually managed to improve something where it was already the best.”
    -Tech 2
    10-15-14 05:55 PM
    I didn't think the Passport was what I was looking for either, I was buying it to support and to have something new to play with until the Classic.

The Passport fooled me. It's beyond anything I ever thought it would be. It's still amazing to use and to see, and I probably won't even be getting the Classic now since the Passport is where it's at.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and SlcCorrado like this.
    10-15-14 06:40 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    "Passport IS where it's at"

Fortune.com reviewer states: "The Passport is not the BlackBerry you're looking for"-fullsizerender-2-.jpg

My Iphone 5 and Z30 collecting dust since this sexy phone arrived.....

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:44 PM
    Meh, there's an adjustment period to every new phone. I think everyone who buys a new phone expects that. Anyone who wants to upgrade to the same is probably too scared of change to upgrade at all.

I use my Z10 primarily and it takes me about 30 minutes to adjust to my Q5. The brain and the fingers figure it out pretty quick.

I think anyone looking at something as different as the Passport is not expecting a slight learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:46 PM
    "Passport IS where it's at"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(2).jpg 
Views:	772 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	306350

My Iphone 5 and Z30 collecting dust since this sexy phone arrived.....

Posted via CB10
    Dude, you're awesome.. Your pic kinda makes me think that you're Bill Nye the Science Guy, haha
    10-15-14 08:01 PM
    This can be easily solved with making 2 rows as default:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=968221

Posted via Passport
    10-15-14 08:12 PM
    I am done with these stinking reviews good or bad. Can shopblackberry or Amazon please send my passport so I can have a review of my own? DEAR LORD!
    10-15-14 08:25 PM
    I am done with these stinking reviews good or bad. Can shopblackberry or Amazon please send my passport so I can have a review of my own? DEAR LORD!
    This ^

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-15-14 08:35 PM