How should "flip to safe power" work? I read BlackBerry manual, looks like only gsm, sms and alarm should work, wifi, mobile data should be OFF, but I always get notifications from email, facebook and etc, looks like wifi and mobile data do not turns off
    06-11-15 10:47 AM
    How should "flip to safe power" work? I read BlackBerry manual, looks like only gsm, sms and alarm should work, wifi, mobile data should be OFF, but I always get notifications from email, facebook and etc, looks like wifi and mobile data do not turns off
    That's how it is supposed to happen, the Help entry for flip to save power states exactly this.
    06-11-15 10:58 AM
    When I have this enabled, every time I pick the phone up (from the flipped position) the phone turns on. I have not updated to the latest OS as its not available for me yet - I'm on 10.3.1.1779.

All other interactions are turned off, including lift to wake.

Anyone else having this issue?

In the light that I can't perform an OTA update yet (factory sim free on 3 in England) where can I get the official update?

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 01:03 PM
    Flip to save power switch "off" the screen when you put it face down.. it does nothing else.. AFAIK

Posted via my awesome Passport
    06-11-15 02:57 PM
    Mine just turns off the screen. I would be displeased if it turned off data and wifi!!!

Glad the way it works.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 06:27 PM
    uhhhh, BB, how you safe power if mobile data, wifi, BT is turned on?
    06-12-15 12:56 AM
    Maximum battery is consumed by screen. Lets say when you are chatting with someone or just browsing and u nt ACTIVELY using it for some reason say waiting for a reply so its easier to put it face down and screen turns off saving ur battery for that period of time... this is all flip to save does

Posted via my awesome Passport
    06-12-15 01:30 AM
    I read the article. Where does it say that it will turn off data??

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 05:36 AM
    Using gestures - User Guide - BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - 10.3

"You still receive notifications for incoming calls, messages, and alarms.", so, no emails, no other notifications, so, mobile data, WIFI and etc should be disabled, logical?

And, if POWER SAVING, then, WIFI and mobile data do not save power
    06-12-15 06:38 AM
    Using gestures - User Guide - BlackBerry Passport Smartphone - 10.3

"You still receive notifications for incoming calls, messages, and alarms.", so, no emails, no other notifications, so, mobile data, WIFI and etc should be disabled, logical?

And, if POWER SAVING, then, WIFI and mobile data do not save power
    No. Not logical. It is not clear what "messages" means. It's obvious that in this case, "messages" means emails and BBM's as well.

It is actually ILLOGICAL That flipping it over would disable data. Because:

1.) The screen, more than anything, is the major power hog.
    2.) It would be ridiculous for the phone to disable/enable data services every time it was flipped over.
    3.) This obviously isn't the way it works.

I'm not sure how this thread got sidetracked by the bizarre assumption that flipping the device would disable data services. But I'm sure glad it doesn't work that way. That would be patently absurd. I just want to screen to dim/illuminate based on the flip.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:15 AM
    If you read the manual or the built in help text, then you will be able to understand what it does.

Myself I thought it would turn on the music and have the camera LED flash as a disco. But none of that happened, that was so weird! Guess I should have read the manual
    06-14-15 07:28 AM
    If you read the manual or the built in help text, then you will be able to understand what it does.

Myself I thought it would turn on the music and have the camera LED flash as a disco. But none of that happened, that was so weird! Guess I should have read the manual
    I read the Help topic, and nowhere does it say it will turn off data. It doesn't say it will turn off data, it doesn't turn off data, it does what it's supposed it, and I am pleased.

End of story.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 04:40 PM