Cracked my passports screen a couple weeks ago Ann bought a non working phone on eBay for the screen. Today is the day I fix it. There is a good you tube video on how to take it apart. This cracked screen is a bummer.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 10:14 AM
    Good luck to you on your repair. Probably goes without saying, but patience is the key to a good repair job. Take your time, do not rush the job.
    05-28-16 10:18 AM
    Cracked my passports screen a couple weeks ago Ann bought a non working phone on eBay for the screen. Today is the day I fix it. There is a good you tube video on how to take it apart. This cracked screen is a bummer.

Posted via CB10
    Just Google it. Go for the one with the voice over. I forgot the title but that was the one that I used to replace my screen last month. Near the end of the video pay close to attention to the two screws on the very bottom left of motherboard. He doesn't say anything about it but I noticed he re- recorded the screws being misplaced. Other then that it's a great video, shows you disassembly plus reassembly.
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    05-28-16 10:22 AM
    Just Google it. Go for the one with the voice over. I forgot the title but that was the one that I used to replace my screen last month. Near the end of the video pay close to attention to the two screws on the very bottom left of motherboard. He doesn't say anything about it but I noticed he re- recorded the screws being misplaced. Other then that it's a great video, shows you disassembly plus reassembly.
    Thanks, yes that's the one I used. The one issue I had was how to take up the little plastic cover below the keyboard; he just took it off w/o saying how so I went and watched the one W/O the voiceover (some gold plated thing) and saw him take it up with his fingernails. Easy.

Everything went well. I went slow, and since I had the entire phone from eBay, I took that apart and then put it back together and made sure it worked like before (the phone powered on in a test mode only) then took mine apart and just replaced the motherboard. That made it very easy. The phone was $50, cheaper than a screen and digitizer and now I have an extra battery.
    05-28-16 04:31 PM
    Thanks, yes that's the one I used. The one issue I had was how to take up the little plastic cover below the keyboard; he just took it off w/o saying how so I went and watched the one W/O the voiceover (some gold plated thing) and saw him take it up with his fingernails. Easy.

Everything went well. I went slow, and since I had the entire phone from eBay, I took that apart and then put it back together and made sure it worked like before (the phone powered on in a test mode only) then took mine apart and just replaced the motherboard. That made it very easy. The phone was $50, cheaper than a screen and digitizer and now I have an extra battery.
    Cool!
    05-29-16 05:49 PM
    Thanks for this thread, may just try my own hand at this instead of taking it to the shop...
    10-25-16 11:28 AM