I dropped my Passport yesterday, fell to the ground and now there are a couple of scratches on the screen, dammit! I've only had it for a couple weeks and have tried to be so careful with it. So pissed at myself! Is there any way to fix a scratch without replacing the screen?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 01:31 PM
    I dropped my Passport yesterday, fell to the ground and now there are a couple of scratches on the screen, dammit! I've only had it for a couple weeks and have tried to be so careful with it. So pissed at myself! Is there any way to fix a scratch without replacing the screen?

Posted via CB10
    How bad are the scratches? Don't worry about it, it's just a phone.
    I am not sure if Passport has oleophobic coating that you can remove and then apply a screen protector but that sounds too extreme in my opinion.
    Next time get a screen protector and a case.. I used a case + protector on my Z30 for several months before ripping it all out and letting my Z30 breath, it feels a whole lot better, so it's a trade off for the risk you are taking.

PS: Some people used benzene or some type of flammable and mildly corrosive substance on their screens to minimize scratches, but those were usually for hairline scratches or swirl marks from rubbing on various surfaces. I don't think that would work on all touchscreen devices though..
    03-12-15 01:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Try putting the screen protector on it usually gets rid of the smaller one.

The best ever Passport
    03-12-15 02:49 PM
    If it helps to feel better, I dropped mine for the first time probably that I have ever dropped any smartphone and it went straight into a pothole full of salt water. I was initially worried about scratches then thought, oh wait, it's probably dead.

On another note, I did manage to scratch my screen once, over the course of a few months. It wasn't very noticeable and I knew what did it. Maybe a screen protector could help with covering it up?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 02:52 PM
    Try putting the screen protector on it usually gets rid of the smaller one.

The best ever Passport
    He'll probably have air bubbles.
    03-12-15 03:02 PM
    He'll probably have air bubbles.
    I had some small scratches on my Z30, and when i put the screen protector on they were invisible, might depend on which one you use, i always use pretty good ones.
    03-12-15 03:08 PM
    no result is likely to be "like new" ...some suggest the use of lapidary Cerium Oxide & microfibre & elbow grease ...I don't see how that would work well ...a screen protector would cover it up but they aren't perfect either... I have had 3 phones with gorilla glass, HP Veer, HP Pre 3, now BB Passport ...I am VERY careful & ALWAYS have a case (Stilgut presently) but have never used a screen protector due to poor visibility even for "good" ones & the feel of them... I prefer to take my chances...
    03-12-15 03:12 PM
    Has anyone tried using one of those CD repair kits to remove scratches from a screen? Wouldn't recommend testing it on a new Passport though.
    03-12-15 03:16 PM