I've been looking at the Passport and I like what I see, although the square shape would take some getting used to. I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I want to take the leap.

Here are the apps and functions I use the most on my Bold that I wouldn't want to lose:

WhatsApp
    Password Safe
    ToDo List
    Memos
    Docs2Go
    AT&T Navigator (currently free on my Bold; wouldn't want to have to pay extra for it)

I wouldn't want to lose these apps, and I wouldn't want to lose the keyboard shortcuts or universal search feature.

I read the specs on the Classic are pretty skimpy compared to the Passport, so I'm leaning toward the passport.

How easy is the Passport to use? Will it fit in a jeans pocket? Will it start dialing numbers in your pocket? (Like my bold used to before I put a screen lock on it)

Any advice you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!
    03-23-15 08:28 AM
    I went from 3 years with a Bold 9900 to a passport just days after it launched.

I loved the Bold, but I don't have a single regret in taking the leap to the passport.

Go for it, it will take a few days to get used to it, but the transitional period is well worthwhile as once you get the hang of the Passport you will never look back.
    StephenGallagher likes this.
    03-23-15 08:43 AM
    In reality the only way you will know for yourself is from your own use/experience.
    Certain by now you would have read some of the good and bad that anyone of these devices has had tossed their way from others making a switch.
    Regardless of the device you choose you will have to go at it with an open mind, patience and a willingness to compromise on what you may have come to expect vs what your new reality could/may work and look like. Not an AT&T user so no idea on the Navigator app, but I have no 'real' issues using BBRY Maps in my travels.
    Classic your natural progression, Passport a bold new way to be.
    03-23-15 08:47 AM
    I've been looking at the Passport and I like what I see, although the square shape would take some getting used to. I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not I want to take the leap.

Here are the apps and functions I use the most on my Bold that I wouldn't want to lose:

WhatsApp
    Password Safe
    ToDo List
    Memos
    Docs2Go
    AT&T Navigator (currently free on my Bold; wouldn't want to have to pay extra for it)

I wouldn't want to lose these apps, and I wouldn't want to lose the keyboard shortcuts or universal search feature.

I read the specs on the Classic are pretty skimpy compared to the Passport, so I'm leaning toward the passport.

How easy is the Passport to use? Will it fit in a jeans pocket? Will it start dialing numbers in your pocket? (Like my bold used to before I put a screen lock on it)

Any advice you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!
    On BB10 there's Whatsapp, Password Keeper (Replaces Password Safe) Remember (replaces Memos and ToDo List), Docs2Go, not sure about AT&T Navigator but you can use Waze or BlackBerry Maps or some other Navigation app if it isn't available. Coming from a Bold to a Passport is such a huge jump in so many ways, you would be wondering why you didn't do it sooner. It's like comparing a calculator to a workstation. You'll be able to do much more and you'll have access to a much larger ecosystem of modern apps to choose from. Try it for yourself and see.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:54 AM
    Get both the Classic and the Passport. Like me.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:46 PM
    Fits perfectly in most men jeans. The device is awesome and it is also amazing to have a big screen. My girlfriend has the Classic and I must say I wouldn't exchange my Passport for it, trust me.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:03 PM
    As someone else who went from a Bold to a Passport, I have no regrets. In fact, the Passport has really changed the way I use my devices, in that I use my laptop much less these days. I've tried the Classic and while it is a very nice device, I really appreciate the larger size of the Passport without a doubt. I have Android-based and formerly iOS-based devices in the house too so I'm not a biased "BlackBerry only" type of guy. Despite some minor random technical glitches with my phone, I'm completely satisfied with my Passport.
    03-25-15 11:47 AM
    I can't speak as using the apps you mention, except Docs To Go. However, I can speak with the perspective of having both the Passport and the Classic for the past couple of weeks, the former as my phone and setting up the latter for my wife.

Personally, I really like the Passport. IMO the screen layout represents a paradigm shift that increases it usability by a magnitude of scale over increasingly longer, more rectangular smart phones. If the "work wide" concept has appeal for you, it makes most compromises worthwhile. Fortunately I find very few: size is challenging sometimes. I would put it in my back jeans pocket before the front, but it fits fine in pleated dress pants. (No misbehavior once there.) I would like a few more screen shortcuts, e.g., wish I didn't have to swipe quite as much, but I'm still exploring what I can do. I see the physical qwerty key - virtual numeric & punctuation key combination as extremely well executed and a very acceptable compromise in order to possess that jewel of a screen.

As for the Classic, I find that I like that too. My previous BB was a Storm, so I had never used a physical keyboard model before. I know lots of users rave about them, but I found them too small, screen and keys alike. The larger Classic eliminates my reservations there, and I find it very workable.

However, I am more drawn by the Passport's star power. It strikes an ideal balance for me when it comes to all the things that "phablets" are aiming to be. Good luck with your decision.
    03-25-15 12:34 PM