Just got a brand new passport. Went from having a z30, which was the best phone I've ever had.

I considered switching to Android, but just couldn't deal with it. I know bb10 is dying, but have loved it from the very start and want to stick with it as long as I can. Even though TELUS has made it very difficult. The only bb10 phones they had in store was the leap and classic, which I kinda considered a downgrade from the z30. Luckily, I called head office and they had some passports in the warehouse to ship me.

Haven't done much on it yet, but so far seems like a powerhouse of a phone. I've never been one to be crazy for all the apps out there. I just want a phone that allows me to be as productive as I can be. And always read in the forums that the passport was the way to go.

Am looking forward to getting to know the phone much more and learning it's capabilities. Anyone got any advice on little features that may be hidden? Or even any thoughts on if getting the passport was the right way to go?

I've followed CrackBerry forums for a while, just got around to making an account and posting.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:44 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.
    If you need anything, please reach out to me.
    In the mean time please take sometime and familiarize yourself with our Community Rules and Guidelines. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanks and again glad to have you here!!!
    03-15-16 07:51 PM
    Thank you . Been trying to update my info but it isn't saving. Going to do it all from a pc. Still using my z30 until my passport finishes with all updates. Looking forward to it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:57 PM
    Congratulations! Enjoy your Passport, with some time you will be shocked at how powerful it can be. Juggling open applications and multitasking is really awesome. Once you set up the shortcuts and position your apps and your hands get used to it then you will be unstoppable.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:48 PM
    Just got a brand new passport. Went from having a z30, which was the best phone I've ever had.

I just want a phone that allows me to be as productive as I can be. And always read in the forums that the passport was the way to go. Or even any thoughts on if getting the passport was the right way to go?

Posted via CB10
    You made the right choice. I use my Passport to run my business since it doesn't require any special apps, just the ability to communicate via email, text, phone, and BBM with my partner. I tried the Priv but, UFH!, I just couldn't stomach the Android system. So I gave it to my partner who is a big Android fan, and I went back to my Passport, which I really like.

You made the right choice, I think, since I'm like you and beholding to apps for a bunch of extraneous involvement.
    03-15-16 08:48 PM
    Hey Welcome,

I also came over from a Z30. I also had used a Classic for a while.

You'll like the Passport. Use the Keyboard Shortcuts, scroll with the capacitive KB, have fun.

I don't have many Android application needs as its a communication device. The few Android applications I use are for travel and expense tracking.

Chris - Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 09:53 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I was hoping I made the right choice and seems I did. Tired of everyone Telling me to switch to iOS or Android.

I got to play with the keyboard features, loved that. I have been truly impressed with the phone very early on. Coming from the z30, that's saying a lot. I loved that phone

Is there a good flip type case anyone can recommend? Better to go with the BlackBerry brand case or third party? The question may not belong in this thread not sure. But was currently looking for a durable case.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 10:06 PM
    If you do a search you will likely find several threads about various Passport cases. I myself love the Stilgut leather ones. I have the one that opens like a book, but they have the traditional flipcase style as well. These cost more than most cases on the market including the one by BlackBerry, but are really high quality. Mine has held up well and I love the fact that I can flip it open to wake the phone or closed to put it to sleep which helps with battery life. But there is a full gamut of other options out there as well. Below is a link from their website, but they are sold on Amazon and eBay as well. Enjoy your new Passport!

StilGut - BlackBerry Passport leather case, "Book Type"
    03-16-16 02:28 AM
    Which model Passport did you get? I really want to buy or trade my Z30 but the SE is just too expensive. I see a few seconds hand originals pop up on sites in Ireland.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 02:32 AM
    Welcome and enjoy!!
    03-16-16 02:33 AM
    Welcome to the club! I also just purchased Passport a couple of days ago, coming from Q10. Really love the keyboard, and my typing is just getting faster and faster, especially with the word suggestions feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:24 AM
    Passport is the Best, welcome to the future jeje

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 06:40 AM
    Welcome to the greatest device made by Blackberry! Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 07:02 AM
    First-time poster here as well. Got myself a PP SE and I'm loving it!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 08:45 AM
    I am new to BB too, with the Passport SE. ($140 value device trade)
    I am also a Windows Phone fanboy, really know how to pick the "winners".
    I enjoy a good Android flagship when I can get one. Anything but IOS, but really, if I could get one, cheap, I would like to see the OS.
    Seems like there are several new users coming in recently, drawn in by the SE? Maybe BB has a chance after all if they keep releasing devices that look this good.
    I would consider trading the SE for the Priv, but the SE seems like a better device overall.
    03-16-16 08:49 AM
    Welcome to the Club! I really love my Passport, I have the White version and love it! I did buy a case on Ebay, book type, for �3.95 and it is great, protects my phone and looks great. Enjoy your Passport.

Posted either with my Passport or Q10
    03-16-16 08:52 AM
    WELCOME! You have an amazing machine in your hands now. Reboot it once a day and you will always have it humming.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    03-16-16 12:53 PM
    Thanks for the link for the cases. And for the feedback. I believe I have the SE passport. Black and silver one. Only one TELUS carried. And its a beast of a phone.

Just for fun, and to test, I answered all emails for work with my passport today as opposed to being on my laptop for emails. I've been just as productive, but not only that, I wasn't tied down to my desk to be able to be productive. Was able to do everything I would've done on my laptop for work, and more!!! Totally impressed by this phone.

I was eyeing the Samsung s7 as it just released, but am so glad I didn't decide to go that way and went with my gut to buy a passport instead. Bb10 fan for life, no matter what happens to it. Even if it does disappear, it will always be the best OS I have ever used

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:53 PM
    Deleted the app and got Face10. Works perfect for me...

Posted via  BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    03-16-16 04:19 PM
    Enjoy your Passport OP. While I agree with BB10 going away with major development, I still do see them supporting it the same way they supported OS7 for as long as they did.

As long as you know what you are getting yourself into buying a BB10 phone, you will be ok. if it was your first BB10 phone, I probably would have told you to return it.

It's still plenty useful for me so I will use my phones until they physically don't work anymore.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-16-16 05:37 PM
    I have had a SE PP since Christmas that I bought from a fellow CB fan and its was only a few weeks old and was prefect and still is.

I got a Priv a week ago ATT model from a fellow CB fan Brand new that was a replacement phone from ATT and my second phone ive bought from this person! I really like it and have got use to Android but it has some strange quirks verses BB10 which I think is the best.

So now my SE PP I carry with me just in case and will switch back and forth but my sell it if someone wants it $435.00
    03-16-16 06:06 PM
    I knew what I was getting into and was following the whole bb10 collapse from the start. The passport being my 2nd bb10 phone, I just could not yet get myself to make the switch to Android. So gonna stick with this as long as I can.

I've learned more features on this phone in my first 2 days than people are able to do on other phones such as I phones. I had people at work that were totally shocked at how impressive this phone is and what it can do.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 06:20 PM
    I knew what I was getting into and was following the whole bb10 collapse from the start. The passport being my 2nd bb10 phone, I just could not yet get myself to make the switch to Android. So gonna stick with this as long as I can.

I've learned more features on this phone in my first 2 days than people are able to do on other phones such as I phones. I had people at work that were totally shocked at how impressive this phone is and what it can do.

Posted via CB10
    The phone is a beast!! I hope you love it.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-16-16 06:24 PM
    I also love my PP, the case I carry is a passport folding case in leather. Looks classy and protects the phone, look for one with a clasp that holds it closed. Also if you get one without the sleep feture, please contact me I can shoot you a flat magnet to put into the front pocket!..

Enjoy!

WOOF
    03-17-16 05:19 PM
    Welcome to the club! You will enjoy this phone it's a true workhorse and nothing beats it's long lasting battery.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 07:19 PM
40 12