Never felt the need for one since I've always stuck with phone dimensions like the Z10. I answered a couple calls today and felt ridiculous lol. So basically it's either I receive calls on the speaker phone or a permanent use of a bluetooth headset. Is anyone else in my shoes or am I over thinking this issue a bit?

 BlackBerry PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2226)
    08-12-15 08:59 PM
    I've used a bluetooth headset for years. We are required to when we drive (sales) and I just got used to using it and that's all I pretty much use now. Expect your battery to take a hit when you start using one.
    08-12-15 09:04 PM
    get beats, it will go with it haha

i like using wired headphones at work and in the car as BB bluetooth never connects to my car bluetooth.
    08-12-15 09:06 PM
    The sound quality for both you and the other person on the line is so nice on the Passport. It's a shame to lessen that with Bluetooth. If you are worried about looking ridiculous, trust me, the 90's are over, and you look now like a dork using Bluetooth too. Just put this brick up next to your ear and OWN IT.

Don't be this guy:

Attachment 366563
    TripNFry, vpblaze and mikegcox like this.
    08-12-15 09:20 PM
    I've used a bluetooth headset for years. We are required to when we drive (sales) and I just got used to using it and that's all I pretty much use now. Expect your battery to take a hit when you start using one.
    Holy cow. My battery is already phenomenal with the Passport but I didn't even think for a second that it would be affected. Kind of makes sense when I think about it. I guess I have to consider a physical plug in alternative.

get beats, it will go with it haha

i like using wired headphones at work and in the car as BB bluetooth never connects to my car bluetooth.
    Definitely going to consider wired headphones myself.
    08-12-15 09:27 PM
    The sound quality for both you and the other person on the line is so nice on the Passport. It's a shame to lessen that with Bluetooth. If you are worried about looking ridiculous, trust me, the 90's are over, and you look now like a dork using Bluetooth too. Just put this brick up next to your ear and OWN IT.

Don't be this guy:

Attachment 366563
    Well put. Toast-to-the-ear is where it's at pal.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:31 PM
    I think bluetooth looks way sillier than a large phone. But if you're driving not a bad idea. Whatever you do do not text on any phone but especially the passport while you're driving.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 10:29 PM
    Bluetooth (quality) headsets been a fixture for me for many years. When driving they are priceless for returning calls or taking notes while not driving.

Look at Plantronics Voyager Legend or the newest. Their noise canceling and voice reproduction is absolutely amazing.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-12-15 10:46 PM
    Bluetooth (quality) headsets been a fixture for me for many years. When driving they are priceless for returning calls or taking notes while not driving.

Look at Plantronics Voyager Legend or the newest. Their noise canceling and voice reproduction is absolutely amazing.

Wow I was just about to purchase that one but went with a smaller form factor bluetooth headset (Axgio Mini). I guess I'm gonna make a return if it doesn't prove satisfactory.

 BlackBerry PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-12-15 10:50 PM
    I use an LG Tone with Harman Kardon speakers and the sound is phenomenal with my Passport in my sales job. I don't notice any difference with battery life until I turn on my Hotspot.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 11:04 PM
    I have used the Motorola H700 series for years. The authentic ones last forever. I had lost my H730 once and ordered the same one (so I thought) from tiger direct and it accidentally dropped and it was done. Turned out to be a knock off. I got my money back and found my lost one under my car seat! I have dropped it several times and it really takes a beating but still works great! I tested several others including the voyager legend but nothing compares to the sound clarity both ways. I think they might be hard to find now but wouldnt consider buying it elsewhere except directly from Motorola. Walmart did sell them for $50 but I think they dicontinued them! I think the 730 is better than the 720 model as well. It is a little bigger than todays bluetooth headsets but it fits me perfectly! Wish I could find a back up just in case I lose mine again! Much safer while driving and looks much better on your ear than a passport does lol

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-12-15 11:12 PM
    I make a lot of phone calls so in my office I use Plantronics BT headset. I can't even imagine not having one, so go for it.
    There is just one step from good to perfect experience using BlackBerry with headset and that is ability to dial contacts and numbers from BlackBerry Blend.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:12 AM
    I've used a bluetooth for years as you have to be handsfree to talk while driving in my state. Truthfully they work pretty good and are handy. I often find myself using it while on calls while the phone is charging. One piece of advice is to get a good one with noise canceling. Cheap one's don't have good reception.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 01:34 AM
    I started using BT with my first cell phone (Razr V3) because I drove a stick shift. Holding the phone, steering, shifting took more hands than I have. Today I use the Plantronics Legend, the best BT earpiece I've ever used.
    I'm not a fan of wired earphones, always having to carry the phone around. Forgetting that I'm wired to the phone and getting up to go to another room, yanking the phone off the desk or couch certainly doesn't bode well for the life of the phone.
    As for battery hits, I've not notice any significant reduction of battery life. Besides you can always put your phone on a charger (home, car, work) and still walk around, do whatever you need to do.
    With Blend the phone can be in another room while I'm working on my computer, and still can make and receive phone calls. Being wired to the phone kind of defeats the purpose and convenience of using Blend.
    I've used many top rated and expensive BT earpieces. The best one I've found is the Plantronics Legend. It looks a bit old school with the behind the ear battery and boom mike, but battery life is 7 hours and sound quality for the receiver is excellent. When I first used it my wife said it sounded as if I was standing next to her. She uses one now.
    Get a good BT earpiece, it really does expand the convenience and use of the cell phone.
    Cut the cord. Go Bluetooth.
    Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 08-13-15 at 04:53 AM.
    08-13-15 02:56 AM
    I have just used my passport as I have any other phone .no issue here for me
    08-13-15 03:04 AM
    I have been using an LG Tone Pro and it is the perfect companion to the Passport. I haven't noticed a significant drain on my battery either. Very cool to be able to answer calls, play music, or switch tracks with the touch of a button. Range is pretty cool too. I can leave my Passport (shown off) on my desk and stay connected.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 03:12 AM
    Most HD bluetooth headsets should be OK sound quality wise. I'm currently using a jawbone ICON HD and the sound quality is awesome, much better than the plain ICON. Doesn't seem to have much of a battery hit either.

It's not their latest model but can be found very inexpensively on eBay.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 2.798 to 2.2204 to 2339
    08-13-15 05:09 AM
    Use a wired headset. Bluetooth headsets look ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:59 AM
    For me multifunction is the key! My bt headset is the PLANTRONICS BACKBEAT GO 2 bluetooth stereo headset W/ STORAGE CHARGING POUCH and works flawlessly.Music comes thru loud and super clear. I really like bluetooth stereo headsets instead of the generic type which loops over one ear. It's also more comfortable compared to a traditional bluetooth earpiece design. This way you have a bt headset for driving, working out, and handsfree. Lastly the charging pouch comes in handy. Although small the only disadvantage is that the battery life is about 6hrs max on standby but can be quick charged anytime with the external battery pack within the storage pouch.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    Attached Thumbnails For the first time ever I will get a Bluetooth headset...-plantronics-backbeat-go2-5.jpg  
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-13-15 at 08:50 AM.
    08-13-15 08:04 AM
    I rarely use one. Nowadays most cars come equipped with Bluetooth kits.

I own the BlackBerry Bluetooth headset and it's been collecting dust

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 08:10 AM
    For me multifunction is the key! My bt headset is the PLANTRONICS BACKBEAT GO 2 bluetooth stereo headset W/ STORAGE CHARGING POUCH and works flawlessly.Music comes thru loud and super clear. I really like bluetooth stereo headsets instead of the generic type which loops over one ear. It's also more comfortable compared to a traditional bluetooth earpiece design. This way you have a bt headset for driving, working out, and handsfree.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    This is a decent bluetooth headphone for the gym, but the call quality is not even close to the Plantronics Voyager Legend. It all depends on an individual's use. If you're just talking with friends it's fine, but if you need it for business there is too much background noise that the mic picks up. It may sound good on your end, but on the other end it's not so pleasant.

The bluetooth in cars offer convenience, but sacrifices a bit in the call experience. The person on the other end can tell you're in your car driving by all the background noise the mic picks up. The other con being on speakerphone, it is sometimes not appropriate when you have clients/family/friends/young kids in the car that shouldn't be privileged to sensitive information.

The Legend or the Edge are my go-to bluetooth ear pieces if you value call quality for BOTH you and your recipient.

If I had to rate based on experience and call quality:
    The Backbeat To Go 2: 4.5-5
    In-car Bluetooth: 6.5-7.5 (some luxury brands are quite disappointing)
    The Legend: 8
    The Edge: 8-8.3 (I don't even think it's that much better than the Legend to deserve an 8.5)
    Passport in a quiet room: 9
    Talking in person: 10

I now use the Legend as my standard when comparing call quality for bluetooth devices.

Some things to note, the Legend goes over ear like an older style hearing aid. Some people may not like that, but it is more comfortable for prolonged use. The Edge is in-ear by design but can add an optional loop that is included.

The charging cable on the Legend is inconvenient with it's weak magnetic connection. It would be advisable to buy the optional carrying case that doubles as a charger and uses the micro USB connection.

The Edge comes with a charging dock that is included.

I have used more expensive bluetooth ear pieces and still doesn't give me the same satisfaction as the Legend/Edge.

They also offer firmware updates for them!

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    08-13-15 09:09 AM
    Really can't thank you guys enough for all these suggestions. I will be returning the Axiom shipped to me and go with the Pl Legend like many of you have suggested. Hopefully it's portable enough to carry around to work.

Technomotive and LoneStarRed like this.
    08-13-15 09:50 AM
    This is a decent bluetooth headphone for the gym, but the call quality is not even close to the Plantronics Voyager Legend. It all depends on an individual's use. If you're just talking with friends it's fine, but if you need it for business there is too much background noise that the mic picks up. It may sound good on your end, but on the other end it's not so pleasant.

The bluetooth in cars offer convenience, but sacrifices a bit in the call experience. The person on the other end can tell you're in your car driving by all the background noise the mic picks up. The other con being on speakerphone, it is sometimes not appropriate when you have clients/family/friends/young kids in the car that shouldn't be privileged to sensitive information.

The Legend or the Edge are my go-to bluetooth ear pieces if you value call quality for BOTH you and your recipient.

If I had to rate based on experience and call quality:
    The Backbeat To Go 2: 4.5-5
    In-car Bluetooth: 6.5-7.5 (some luxury brands are quite disappointing)
    The Legend: 8
    The Edge: 8-8.3 (I don't even think it's that much better than the Legend to deserve an 8.5)
    Passport in a quiet room: 9
    Talking in person: 10

I now use the Legend as my standard when comparing call quality for bluetooth devices.

Some things to note, the Legend goes over ear like an older style hearing aid. Some people may not like that, but it is more comfortable for prolonged use. The Edge is in-ear by design but can add an optional loop that is included.

The charging cable on the Legend is inconvenient with it's weak magnetic connection. It would be advisable to buy the optional carrying case that doubles as a charger and uses the micro USB connection.

The Edge comes with a charging dock that is included.

I have used more expensive bluetooth ear pieces and still doesn't give me the same satisfaction as the Legend/Edge.

They also offer firmware updates for them!

Posted via CB10
    You are spot on. I concur with all your observations.

The Voyager Edge may well be my next but the Voyager Legend is performing so well I see no need to switch! I can exercise with it and the water resistance makes it a non issue. I've stood next to giant air exchangers for a 22 story office building and COULD BARELY HEAR MYSELF WITH A RAISED VOICE. The person on the other end had NO IDEA I was next to the air exchanger. Phenomenal!

Get the charging case, period.

Cheers.

Technomotive likes this.
    08-13-15 10:46 AM
    Really can't thank you guys enough for all these suggestions. I will be returning the Axiom shipped to me and go with the Pl Legend like many of you have suggested. Hopefully it's portable enough to carry around to work.

Quite portable.

08-13-15 10:48 AM
    Use a wired headset. Bluetooth headsets look ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    If by ridiculous you mean professional, I totally agree.

Negotiating around wires, be it in the car, walking or at a desk can get old. However for entertainment, I have Creative Aurvanas. Can't beat wired for that. But when I have those on, it's relax time!

Another consideration I wasn't going to mention at first is safety, situation awareness. The wired mute my senses ad to what is happening around me. Unacceptable! And my hands are free and unimpeded.

08-13-15 10:53 AM
44 12