I ordered a passport and it's coming in this Saturday and excited. I would kindly like to ask the users here their candid advise on things to do first and helpful apps to download. Example: should I auto download stuff, take any ota updates etc. Thanks.
    heidymadia likes this.
    08-09-17 04:08 PM
    auto download and use Google SDK to sideload other app. Good luck!
    08-09-17 04:09 PM
    Do not download the 10.3.3 I would advice.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-17 04:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you kindly tell me why. Thanks
    08-09-17 04:33 PM
    Some users have experienced permanent loss of mobile network connection after installing 10.3.3. Others are fine. Generally, you are best to avoid OTA updates and only install new OS via Link or autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-17 04:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Problems with blue tooth.
    08-09-17 05:05 PM
    Hello, never had problems with 10.3.3.2163 with my Z30.
    if you use Instagram side load the android version 9.8 , all other versions will not work. Spotify no problem at all using the latest android version. Native WhatsApp till end of the year, afterwards you will have to side load the android version.
    best regards
    kwartey likes this.
    08-09-17 05:12 PM
    Some users have experienced permanent loss of mobile network connection after installing 10.3.3. Others are fine. Generally, you are best to avoid OTA updates and only install new OS via Link or autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    Enterprise users, if their IT let them, would not have gotten their updates via Link or autoloader.
    While some people seem to have issues, I doubt it's the majority. If it hit the enterprise guys, BlackBerry would've fixed it ASAP.
    5 devices, all OTA since the beginning. Zero problems.

Posted via CB10
    kwartey likes this.
    08-09-17 05:12 PM
    Hello, never had problems with 10.3.3.2163 with my Z30.
    if you use Instagram side load the android version 9.8 , all other versions will not work. Spotify no problem at all using the latest android version. Native WhatsApp till end of the year, afterwards you will have to side load the android version.
    best regards
    Thanks a lot
    08-09-17 05:16 PM
    Perhaps you know already, but once you go to 10.3.3 you can not go back to 10.3.2
    08-09-17 05:29 PM
    I have 10.3.31435 on my Passport. Everything works perfect. But it's getting harder and harder to find useful native apps. It's a awesome device, make sure you explore it. More apk's apps meaning less battery and some freezing situations. Keep that in mind. And, of course, have fun with it!

I have an iPad and a MacBook, but my phone is "the" Passport.
    08-09-17 09:10 PM
    I ordered a passport and it's coming in this Saturday and excited. I would kindly like to ask the users here their candid advise on things to do first and helpful apps to download. Example: should I auto download stuff, take any ota updates etc. Thanks.
    Enjoy your new PP when it arrives! Great device.

Re: apps, depends on what you're looking for. Let us know what sort of things you want to use the device for and we can provide some recommendations.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-17 09:52 PM
    Enjoy your new PP when it arrives! Great device.

Re: apps, depends on what you're looking for. Let us know what sort of things you want to use the device for and we can provide some recommendations.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    For calls and chat and a bit of social media. Am not really heavy in to social media anyway.
    08-09-17 09:53 PM
    For calls and chat and a bit of social media. Am not really heavy in to social media anyway.
    Good to know. Great for calls/texting of course. Not sure which social media you intend to use but the mobile websites generally work well for Facebook, Twitter etc. You can add shortcuts to the homescreen.

There are a few native apps in BlackBerry World too. Some are actually rather good and you can find good threads on these forums about third party alternatives for Facebook etc.

Do you use Whatsapp? Unfortunately the native app will no longer work by end of year. Also Snapchat won't work at all.

As a last resort, you can sideload Android apps. They don't run as well as native options and it depends on the version of the apk file and whether it plays well with BB10.

Hope this helps! Like you I don't use a lot of social media. I'm very happy on my BB10 devices (alternate between Passport and Q10) and think you will be too!

Posted via CB10
    kwartey likes this.
    08-09-17 09:58 PM
    Good to know. Great for calls/texting of course. Not sure which social media you intend to use but the mobile websites generally work well for Facebook, Twitter etc. You can add shortcuts to the homescreen.

There are a few native apps in BlackBerry World too. Some are actually rather good and you can find good threads on these forums about third party alternatives for Facebook etc.

Do you use Whatsapp? Unfortunately the native app will no longer work by end of year. Also Snapchat won't work at all.

As a last resort, you can sideload Android apps. They don't run as well as native options and it depends on the version of the apk file and whether it plays well with BB10.

Hope this helps! Like you I don't use a lot of social media. I'm very happy on my BB10 devices (alternate between Passport and Q10) and think you will be too!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot mate. Very helpful.
    mh1983 likes this.
    08-09-17 10:02 PM
    I have no issues at all with my unlocked Passport SE with latest Os 10.3.3.1463.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 11:53 AM
    Download 10.3.3 if you want to use the browser any longer, since in 10.3.2 most of the certificates are outdated, which means you won't be able to visit several websites

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    08-16-17 12:48 PM
    I finally got it now. Enjoying it so far. Will hold on a little while before running the 10.3.3 update.
    08-16-17 12:48 PM
    I finally got it now. Enjoying it so far. Will hold on a little while before running the 10.3.3 update.
    Install the 10.3.3 update with an autoloader to avoid bugs, it might break something if doing an OTA update to a cluttered 10.x.x system.
    08-17-17 08:01 AM