the bezels are needed for the gestures....
    This is not true at all. All you need to do is start your finger at the edge of the screen. The playbook and BB10 implementation of bezel gesture is different; playbook has the hardware and BB10 devices do not.
    10-18-14 08:33 PM
    Sharp Aquos Crystal and Crystal X go live in Japan - GSMArena.com news

Has no top or side bezels, all screen... Feels like a jump into the future - in 5 years probably all phones will be like this.
    This looks like the second coming of Xperia..nothing else..
    10-18-14 08:48 PM
    It's not GSM and the battery life is worse than my Z30 seriously these rouge commercial threads should be shut down.
    10-18-14 09:01 PM
    Too thick.

In 5 years we'll have flexible screen roll-up phones. (I wish).

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:06 PM
    It runs Android. I think I'll pass. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Android has grown, really well into a very sophisticated mobile OS. One may close eyes and call the world dark.
    10-18-14 10:41 PM
    The Sharp phone I wanted once upon a time was the "007sh The Hybrid".

Clamshell form, full screens, 16 MP camera, and it was water resistant.

Alas, it never was made properly for the North American market.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    10-18-14 10:42 PM
    We already made fun of this one a while ago.

Why the hell would they put the camera down there? So the other party can read your palm, and tell you your fortunes while you chat?

Design for the sake of design,.. the opposite of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    chgaida likes this.
    10-18-14 10:46 PM
    Android has grown, really well into a very sophisticated mobile OS. One may close eyes and call the world dark.
    Not it hasn't, it's just a smoother third-party app sale and launching platform. If you call, 'no longer running like junk' sophistication, then sure,.. it's sophisticated.

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 likes this.
    10-18-14 10:51 PM
    We aren't discussing what OS it runs, just the hardware; but thank you for the invaluable contribution to the thread (read: when are people going to stop posting these silly close-minded remarks).

Posted via CB10
    So because someone says that they will pass because of the OS they are silly and close-minded....really now? Didn't know that this was an 'agree with me' forum. Thanks for the tip (y)
    mkelley65 likes this.
    10-18-14 10:52 PM
    Not it hasn't, it's just a smoother third-party app sale and launching platform. If you call, 'no longer running like junk' sophistication, then sure,.. it's sophisticated.

Posted via CB10
    This is by far the most ignorant anti-Android post I've ever read. Do your homework, Android is very sophisticated and a very powerful mobile OS.

And if you can't be bothered to do your homework, then please keep your opinions to yourself. We have got enough negative opinions about everything on these forums already without you adding yours into the mix.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:54 PM
    So because someone says that they will pass because of the OS they are silly and close-minded....really now? Didn't know that this was an 'agree with me' forum. Thanks for the tip (y)
    Like my mother used to say; "It's not way you say, it's how you say it".

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:55 PM
    This is by far the most ignorant anti-Android post I've ever read. Do your homework, Android is very sophisticated and a very powerful mobile OS.

And if you can't be bothered to do your homework, then please keep your opinions to yourself. We have got enough negative opinions about everything on these forums already without you adding yours into the mix.

Posted via CB10
    No! It's a BlackBerry forum. If I appreciated android enough I'd buy one and have an android central account

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-18-14 11:27 PM
    Checked it out...NAH!!!! stick w BlackBerry...

Rocking the Z30 Regina SK Canada
    10-18-14 11:31 PM
    No! It's a BlackBerry forum. If I appreciated android enough I'd buy one and have an android central account

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    You don't have to appreciate or like another platform; but too post ignorant opinions as fact is just plain wrong no matter what the subject.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:45 PM
    The phone that's having me reconsider is the Sony Z3 Compact. Even has docking contacts. Such awesome hardware. Shame about the OS.

Posted via CB10
    zocster likes this.
    10-19-14 12:13 AM
    The phone that's having me reconsider is the Sony Z3 Compact. Even has docking contacts. Such awesome hardware. Shame about the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Yep hand me that as a Z20, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-19-14 12:16 AM
    Uhmm, no thanks. The specs are lower then the PP. Why would you want to downgrade just for a near bezel free phone that looks like any other Android phone.
    10-19-14 02:38 AM
    It's not GSM and the battery life is worse than my Z30 seriously these rouge commercial threads should be shut down.
    You mean 'rogue'...

And it's not a commercial thread smh, you want me to post my receipt for me Passport before every thread you disapprove of?

If you bothered following my posts in this thread at all you'd notice how I pointed out how I hope Blackberry works on their bezels for the PP2 - mainly the top and side ones in order to minimize the phones size footprint (handprint?) that people have complained about. If those side and top bezels alone were eliminated on the Passport 2, people would have a whole lot less to complain about and the square form factor might really start to take off.
    10-19-14 02:48 AM
    Yeah, I just don't see it as futuristic. Granted the bezel is very thin, but with such a boxy shape it reminds me how things were designed in the 80's. Standard smartphone screen size, specs and interface. Yawn...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:38 AM
    BlackBerry would be roasted by everyone if the offered a phone with those specs in 2015.
    you have to remember that it's $150 too. prepaid. no contract.
    10-19-14 03:50 AM
    Feels like you drop that **** and there it went.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 04:10 AM
    Yeah, I just don't see it as futuristic. Granted the bezel is very thin, but with such a boxy shape it reminds me how things were designed in the 80's. Standard smartphone screen size, specs and interface. Yawn...

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, I'd say after the PP, that's the most innovative phone I've seen so far this year - every other android phone is very similar in shape and size, while this is the first one to switch things up with the lack of bezels and the larger bottom chin.
    10-19-14 04:47 AM
    Looks fancy but still android all the same

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 06:29 AM
    Looks slick, not sure about the front camera position. Specs seem very sub par. Except for the camera comment, I said the same thing about the iP6 not seeing anything really ground breaking here....sorry OP

If I had a Passport this wouldn't get me thinking twice (Apples to Oranges). Heck, I have a Z30, and it doesn't even get me thinking twice. The OS alone, would keep me away, just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:01 AM
    We aren't discussing what OS it runs, just the hardware; but thank you for the invaluable contribution to the thread (read: when are people going to stop posting these silly close-minded remarks).

Posted via CB10
    Who is this "we" that you are talking about? Perhaps read the title of the thread before accusing others of going off-topic.

The thread is about a new phone, and one of the main traits of a phone is its operating system. So, I think it's fair for someone to simply voice an opinion on whether or not they would agree with the OP in being tempted to "rethink a passport purchase", because that "rethinking" requires that you accept some other operating system.
    ibpluto and spikesolie like this.
    10-19-14 08:26 AM
71 123