After getting to the airport the wonderment began:

� Security checkpoint: my boarding pass is on my phone and for a second I thought I hypnotized the guard.

� same reaction at the Air Canada lounge

� and at the gate with the attendants

� asked by several travelers when I told them I was with Rogers I mentioned the Telus way to get it

� Quote of the day: Does it make coffee?

My response: if it did my wife would be out.

I love it and this.

Go Passport

Posted via CB10 and my wicked Passport
    10-07-14 07:47 AM
    LMAO!
    Nice work!
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-07-14 08:12 AM
    Nice going. The coffee comment left me rolling on the floor laughing. Can hardly wait to tell my wife that story.
    Mr4aces, earlym and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-07-14 08:15 AM
    I'll bet there's a temp app out there that can screen you for EBLOA.
    10-07-14 08:26 AM
    Whilst I love the look and feel of the phone, it is let down dreadfully by the Hub.
    Whilst I appreciate a lot of you will love the Hub, for me it is THE reason why I will probably have to return the phone & get a bb with os7 on instead.Why? - I have 10 different e-mail accounts which I need to see on 10 different icons - and know that I am responding from that account & not risk responding off the default account). I dont mind BBM's / texts in one place.but I dont want to see every e-mail I receive in the one place.
    This is the key reason I stuck with a blackberry when all around me were getting androids / iphones - and now the only way I can get what I need is to either get an old BB or a new windows phone.
    To solve this, Hub should be optional - with the option to show e-mails in different tabs as you used to be able to. If this can be done - great, I have 6 days left to decide on whether to keep the phone or not.
    Also, a word of warning to anyone who gets a BB p/port - DO NOT upgrade the amazon marketplace - if you hit agree you are giving Amazon the right to look at any of your files / images stored basically anywhere - and know where you are in the world at any time. If you hit decline, you cant access the marketplace until you agree to their ability to intrude in your life! So dont upgrade !
    Mr4aces and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-07-14 08:40 AM

• Security checkpoint: my boarding pass is on my phone and for a second I thought I hypnotized the guard.
    I recall the last few times I've been to the airport and pinch zooming the boarding pass bar code for scanning on my Z10. How nice does it look on the Passport?
    10-07-14 08:57 AM
    Whilst I love the look and feel of the phone, it is let down dreadfully by the Hub.
    Whilst I appreciate a lot of you will love the Hub, for me it is THE reason why I will probably have to return the phone & get a bb with os7 on instead.Why? - I have 10 different e-mail accounts which I need to see on 10 different icons - and know that I am responding from that account & not risk responding off the default account). I dont mind BBM's / texts in one place.but I dont want to see every e-mail I receive in the one place.
    This is the key reason I stuck with a blackberry when all around me were getting androids / iphones - and now the only way I can get what I need is to either get an old BB or a new windows phone.
    To solve this, Hub should be optional - with the option to show e-mails in different tabs as you used to be able to. If this can be done - great, I have 6 days left to decide on whether to keep the phone or not.
    Also, a word of warning to anyone who gets a BB p/port - DO NOT upgrade the amazon marketplace - if you hit agree you are giving Amazon the right to look at any of your files / images stored basically anywhere - and know where you are in the world at any time. If you hit decline, you cant access the marketplace until you agree to their ability to intrude in your life! So dont upgrade !
    Not sure if you're aware, you still can view your different emails in their own respective tabs.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-07-14 09:01 AM
    Cant see how to set up individual icons (as you used to have on older OS BB's)? Dont want them all in one folder / place (even if you can seperate the accounts there) - could have had that with Android ! Need to see individual icons as we had before.
    sjwpenney, NaijaBerry and Witmen like this.
    10-07-14 09:18 AM
    I suggest you better start reading BB10 owners manual before you return your phone. What you want is a fundamental feature of the Hub. I can't believe you have not spotted it yet.
    10-07-14 09:22 AM
    Holy threadjack Batman!
    10-07-14 09:23 AM
    Cant see how to set up individual icons (as you used to have on older OS BB's)? Dont want them all in one folder / place (even if you can seperate the accounts there) - could have had that with Android ! Need to see individual icons as we had before.
    You sound very set in your distaste for the hub, but homescreen icons vs icons in the hub seems like a small quibble that one could easily get used to. Sending email from the wrong account can be a pain, but again something that you can get used to. I did.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    10-07-14 09:26 AM
    When you swipe into the hub, tap the bottom left corner, all your folders show up separated. When he are done in the hub, tap the corner again so the folders pop up before you swipe out of the hub, that way that's the first most convenient view you're presented with.

If that's not making you happy, BB10 is probably not for you, although it sounds like you just switched from OS7. Takes awhile to adjust. Took me awhile to adjust. Then after a couple of months I had to fix some OS7 phones for some people. It was enough to convince me I never want to go back.

My brother in law uses the hub in the manner I just described to you. After his initial "I hate this, it's unfamiliar" phase, he admits he would never go back to the way it was before.

But you know, different strokes for different folks, whatever makes you happy.

And OP, sorry for the derailment. I'm wanting the Passport so bad mostly because of reading what people's reactions are to it.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:28 AM
    Ian_L, select your account in the HUB from bottom left. You will ONLY be looking at that account. Now if you select Compose, It will not use your default account, it will compose from the account you are looking at.
    I have a lot of accounts too, and this is a fail safe way of doing it. It's extremely simple. If you can not come to term with this, then yes, go back to something old.
    10-07-14 09:28 AM
    You sound very set in your distaste for the hub, but homescreen icons vs icons in the hub seems like a small quibble that one could easily get used to. Sending email from the wrong account can be a pain, but again something that you can get used to. I did.

Posted via CB10
    Also if you move to the individual account view, and hit compose, it will compose your email from the account you're currently in. No need to worry about sending from the wrong account.
    mister2d likes this.
    10-07-14 09:29 AM
    You can filter on individual accounts in the hub. You can also setup the hub in such a way that the email accounts only show when you filter on them. That's been part of BB10 since the beginning.

There's also a cool app, available for the low, low price of $0.99 that allows you to create shortcuts to specific accounts in the hub. It basically allows you to use icons the way that BBOS was setup. You can have an icon for your Gmail account, one for your Hotmail account, one for your yahoo account, etc. It takes you directly to that account within the hub. Once there, when you compose an email, it uses that account (that's how the hub works).

The app is called Shortcut Creator. Here's a link to it:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19908873

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-07-14 09:32 AM

� Security checkpoint: my boarding pass is on my phone and for a second I thought I hypnotized the guard.

� same reaction at the Air Canada lounge

� and at the gate with the attendants

� asked by several travelers when I told them I was with Rogers I mentioned the Telus way to get it

� Quote of the day: Does it make coffee?

My response: if it did my wife would be out.

I love it and this.

Go Passport

Posted via CB10 and my wicked Passport
    Great story! People love my Passport too! I haven't received this much attention using a BlackBerry since 2005!

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-07-14 09:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sending e-mail from the wrong account is potentially a business killer for me - hence why I must have individual icons. I'm sure the hub has its place for many - just not for those of us who are involved in more than one business & therefore have to keep these totally seperate!

Re read the manual, the only thing that came with the phone was a multi page english safety info sheet & a tiny booklet with initial set up only!
    - how do I get individual icons on the screen as we used to have on older BB os?
    10-07-14 09:40 AM
    Ian - there is a way to do this with the Hub and lock screen. have you tried sifting through the hub using the left side lower screen to pick JUST that one account to work with? Have you also tried "peek" to see which accounts are active?
    10-07-14 09:49 AM
    Sending e-mail from the wrong account is potentially a business killer for me - hence why I must have individual icons. I'm sure the hub has its place for many - just not for those of us who are involved in more than one business & therefore have to keep these totally seperate!

Re read the manual, the only thing that came with the phone was a multi page english safety info sheet & a tiny booklet with initial set up only!
    - how do I get individual icons on the screen as we used to have on older BB os?
    You can't get individual icons on the main screen but you can stop all accounts from showing up in the integrated portion of the hub, and then you can manually view each one individually instead. Just think of it as a specialized portion of the home screen, like a dock.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:57 AM
    Seriously, do you think this is an appropriate place for this? Now that you've completely hijacked the thread.

mndb369, it's great to hear that you are enjoying your phone.
    10-07-14 10:02 AM
    All you have to do is to tap on the bottom left of the screen & choose the different tabs for different email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for suggestions
    Currently have 17 items listed on the left (10 e-mail addresses & then the 7 tabs for calls / bbm, etc) - its just impossible to use effectively. Much quicker & easier if I had seperate icons as before - where I can see which account(s) have got e-mail just by looking at home page & then pick the tab I need to look at...
    All that is needed is an option to allow users to have it all in one place or keep seperated! - That way BB keep those that love the Hub & those that need the older style solution that works for us!
    Interesting that no-one has commented on the Amazon section of the post as yet - you are all obviously happy to give Amazon access to your own (and your company's) files / images / etc.
    10-07-14 10:04 AM
    Why dont you use an app caled: Shortcut creater, to create ypur own email icons?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:05 AM
    Thanks for suggestions
    Currently have 17 items listed on the left (10 e-mail addresses & then the 7 tabs for calls / bbm, etc) - its just impossible to use effectively. Much quicker & easier if I had seperate icons as before - where I can see which account(s) have got e-mail just by looking at home page & then pick the tab I need to look at...
    All that is needed is an option to allow users to have it all in one place or keep seperated! - That way BB keep those that love the Hub & those that need the older style solution that works for us!

First day traveling with my Passport-20141007110221.jpg

First day traveling with my Passport-img_20141007_110005.png

Plus if you leave the hub partially open as shown, it will remain like that when you do the "up-then-partially-right" peek gesture from anywhere (even within any other app), letting you quickly see which account has how many unreads, without having to go back to the home screen.

I know it's different, but let it work for you and you'll realize why it exists.

Posted via CB10
    peednus likes this.
    10-07-14 10:05 AM
76 123 ...