I have never seen a totally binary thread like this one before, two completely separate non related yet continuous discussions???

Let me illustrate this to the folks continuing the madness:

On the OP side...any "here is my Passport" jokes as you pull out the phone and not the document?

Airport security are known for a lack of a sense of humor...doubt I would ever try that one.
    10-07-14 10:25 PM
    im so confused after goin thru this thread this is what i feel like
    needforbbx likes this.
    10-07-14 11:00 PM
    Hi Ian,

I switched to BlackBerry 10 last year, and I found the hub took a little getting used to.
    I had your issue also, at first. I fixed it using this article: http://crackberry.com/how-filter-acc...blackberry-hub

Worth noting now that I don't filter my hub anymore; i've just got used to working with it now.

Hope it helps. Stick with it, BlackBerry 10 is without doubt the easiest operating system to get things with, but I believe there's a longer learning curve.

Tom

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:58 AM
    Did you show your blackberry when asked for your passport? It might be a good joke

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    10-08-14 02:11 AM
    Oi wish the passport came out in my network O2 in the UK but they've dropped every blackberry and have completely stopped selling them! I find that discussing. Well done on the new passport mare, keep rocking it and convert the masses.

And I agree with the last post, shame on everyone for hijacking this happy moment! The hub rocks if you want separate accounts you can do, your just to stupid to realise how it works!

Posted via CB10
    mister2d and chrispmoto like this.
    10-08-14 02:13 AM
    I want one so bad!
    10-08-14 02:31 AM
    The risk of sending an email from the wrong address in the hub is the same risk as clicking on the wrong account by accident and sending an email if each account had its own icon
    brades, dietertong and mister2d like this.
    10-08-14 06:05 AM
    The risk of sending an email from the wrong address in the hub is the same risk as clicking on the wrong account by accident and sending an email if each account had its own icon
    Or, the same risk as replying to the wrong thread..no wonder OP has issues. SMH

Posted via Z30
    10-08-14 06:26 AM
    These days trying to Joke with airport customs will get you a detention followed by several hours of questions and probably a flight ban or even the view of a few bars.

That said it would bring Blackberry some much needed marketing.

Think I'll just bring out my Passport and Passport hehe...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 06:38 AM
    Cant see how to set up individual icons (as you used to have on older OS BB's)? Dont want them all in one folder / place (even if you can seperate the accounts there) - could have had that with Android ! Need to see individual icons as we had before.
    As someone who loves the hub I totally agree with you! I've sent an email from the wrong account several times. A separate Icon for each email account would be great to have as an option, like someone said it takes getting used to, you can get a better handle on things by using colours in hub management to differentiate the emails for instance for work and personal. But then you only have like 4 colours. The hub is great but truly having an option for a shortcut on your home screen that will take you straight to the exact account you want each time would be greater still.
    10-08-14 07:14 AM
    Whilst I love the look and feel of the phone, it is let down dreadfully by the Hub.
    Whilst I appreciate a lot of you will love the Hub, for me it is THE reason why I will probably have to return the phone & get a bb with os7 on instead.Why? - I have 10 different e-mail accounts which I need to see on 10 different icons - and know that I am responding from that account & not risk responding off the default account). I dont mind BBM's / texts in one place.but I dont want to see every e-mail I receive in the one place.
    This is the key reason I stuck with a blackberry when all around me were getting androids / iphones - and now the only way I can get what I need is to either get an old BB or a new windows phone.
    To solve this, Hub should be optional - with the option to show e-mails in different tabs as you used to be able to. If this can be done - great, I have 6 days left to decide on whether to keep the phone or not.
    Also, a word of warning to anyone who gets a BB p/port - DO NOT upgrade the amazon marketplace - if you hit agree you are giving Amazon the right to look at any of your files / images stored basically anywhere - and know where you are in the world at any time. If you hit decline, you cant access the marketplace until you agree to their ability to intrude in your life! So dont upgrade !
    You can disable seeing each email account in the collected hub. This is just in the settings. Then you can access each email account individually. Still very simple for you, and no mixing of the accounts. Try that before you give up on bb10.
    10-08-14 07:47 AM
    Ian. You hijacked the thread. Please make another thread.

Amazon: Since it requires saving apk files into your phone, it'll need access to the file manager to store those apk files. It's not for amazon to log into your phone lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:00 AM
    I was thinking of restarting the thread but decided to keep track of the users that continue post off topic / derail the thread and the next time they start one to return the favor. As for Ian_L I normally understand noob mistakes but you were warned a few times of thread hijacking and continued to post.

As for the travel...............the story will continue next week but yesterday's return was interesting. The boarding pass was not scanning in the lounge and one of the attendants asked if it was an iPhone 6. Before I could respond the guy behind me in line said "no - its a real phone." I gave him and his Bold 9900 props.

On the plane someone couldn't believe I could play Candy Crush on it. I said the day is over I finished all my emails, docs and excel work hours before. I asked how's that PowerPoint looking on your iPhone? If you want I can let you use my laptop - I don't need it anymore.

To answer some questions - the boarding pass was the browser. I never joke with security unless they show some levity on their part first.

Until next time.
    10-08-14 09:09 AM
    Sending e-mail from the wrong account is potentially a business killer for me - hence why I must have individual icons. I'm sure the hub has its place for many - just not for those of us who are involved in more than one business & therefore have to keep these totally seperate!

Re read the manual, the only thing that came with the phone was a multi page english safety info sheet & a tiny booklet with initial set up only!
    - how do I get individual icons on the screen as we used to have on older BB os?
    There is a menu to the left of the inbox that you gesture to. It is a fundamental navigation method on BB10. It is common on many apps to use this left most menu. You can press the button in the lower left corner that says hub to get to it without gesturing. There you can select to only show e-mails from one account. And it doesn't change ever. Even after reboot. Also, you can change the "Hub" to only show certain accounts.

So if you are saying that you have more than one business account, this is how you handle it. I think there may be a way to color code e-mails in the Hub but I haven't had to go down that path.
    10-08-14 09:16 AM
    1. Android apps (including Amazon App Store) do not have access to the 'work' side of your device using Blackberry Balance.
    2. You have to give the app permissions to access file storage, otherwise you couldn't download and install any apps.
    thanks for pointing number 2 out, i dont think a lot of users understand permissions and leave bad reviews because of that. The app needs access to files to function not just for the sake of having access lol
    10-08-14 10:08 AM
    I was thinking of restarting the thread but decided to keep track of the users that continue post off topic / derail the thread and the next time they start one to return the favor. As for Ian_L I normally understand noob mistakes but you were warned a few times of thread hijacking and continued to post.

As for the travel...............the story will continue next week but yesterday's return was interesting. The boarding pass was not scanning in the lounge and one of the attendants asked if it was an iPhone 6. Before I could respond the guy behind me in line said "no - its a real phone." I gave him and his Bold 9900 props.

On the plane someone couldn't believe I could play Candy Crush on it. I said the day is over I finished all my emails, docs and excel work hours before. I asked how's that PowerPoint looking on your iPhone? If you want I can let you use my laptop - I don't need it anymore.

To answer some questions - the boarding pass was the browser. I never joke with security unless they show some levity on their part first.

Until next time.
    I think you need to calm down about the people going off topic. I understand your frustration but people will reply or respond in the manner they see fit regardless of the topic and to keep making a point of this on your post is quite frankly making you look like a grumpy one directional prune. Also you did ask the question about business users using the Passport, well I don't think really playing candy crush or whatever it is called is hardly business focused so by your own definition your "off topic". I did originally come on here to look at other peoples experiences as a business professional myself but the thread dictated the way it was going, so get over it or start another one but please stop having ago as your telling everyone that has responded to a certain person including myself off and if your telling a majority of business users off then you definitely need to be somewhere else.

With that said I hope this will end your telling off comments about this thread and please feel free to stick to your original post.

The End.
    10-08-14 11:06 AM
    So if you are saying that you have more than one business account, this is how you handle it. I think there may be a way to color code e-mails in the Hub but I haven't had to go down that path.
    OT alert

You can color code individual accounts. Go to Hub Settings>Hub Management>tap on an account>choose color

OP great story!
    10-08-14 11:56 AM
    This sure is turning into a touchy thread. Wow!

I just wanted to hear some cool stories about traveling with the passport. Love reading about people's reactions to this thing.
    10-08-14 12:05 PM
    I think you need to re-read my post and describe telling off. I was reacting to several posts from veteran users that this thread was derailed and agreed. I said that I could/would return the favor only after people continued to go off topic. The topic in case you ignored that as well was: First day traveling with my Passport NOT how to use the hub to reply to certain accounts. I understand that he posted an unrelated comment but after a few instances where he and others were told they were off topic and to ask the question in another thread by other forum members the discussion kept going sideways. I am quite calm but your post makes me wonder if you weren't trying to just start something in this thread.
    Last edited by mndb369; 10-08-14 at 02:42 PM.
    10-08-14 12:45 PM
    This sure is turning into a touchy thread. Wow!

I just wanted to hear some cool stories about traveling with the passport. Love reading about people's reactions to this thing.
    That is all I was trying to do: tell some stories of the reaction to my Passport while traveling. And yes I did play Candy Crush but I (unlike others in here) related it to the story - that the Passport was better as a business device because I got more work done on it than I would on an iPhone and hence had time to play on it.
    10-08-14 12:49 PM
    I think you need to re-read my post and describe telling off. I was reacting to several posts from veteran users that this thread was derailed and agreed. I said that I could/would return the favor only after people continued to go off topic. The topic in case you ignored that as well was: First day traveling with my Passport NOT how to use the hub to reply to certain accounts. I understand that he posted an unrelated comment but after a few instances where he and others were told they were off topic and to ask the question in another thread by other forum members the discussion kept going sideways. I am quiet calm but your post makes me wonder if you weren't trying to just start something in this thread.

My apologies mndb369,

No I am not trying to start something that is certainly not what I am about or want, and on reflection I can see how things can look or read. Sometimes on these forums it is easy to read things a certain way, so I apologise I came over a bit strong and misunderstood what you meant.
    10-08-14 02:15 PM
    Ok now...who's up next to post about how to use the hub?

Its been a couple of posts and we are due...

When talking business use we all get to a decision point when going about our work. This is the decision of what type of work is done on what type of tool. I know many times I wanted to hammer out what would have been an extended email and decided to just wait until I had the laptop handy, same for reviewing time sheets that are on very large spreadsheets...reviewing proposals. All of these things would be relegated to laptop and sometimes the iPad.

While traveling you don't want to carry these large devices on your person all the time, to have the option to not be limited by a small phone form factor is priceless. Yea there is some concession towards having to carry a larger phone but well worth it for some...for me.

Sounds like the public is intrigued when the PP is spotted in the wild like in Airports...when they see how much freedom you have to do what ever you like on it comfortably and effectively says to me that this device may just catch on more than we may think.
    10-08-14 02:46 PM
    I have found people look in awe of the BP when I have been using it in meetings and in particularly a recent high profile meeting. Although one person (female) did comment on saying it reminded her of a casio calculator which I found funny, so I said this was a calculator on steroids!

The main reaction I have found is when people have been curious and I have said here have a look for yourself and some people are too frightened to hold it as they really are wowed by it and others love it when they feel it in their hand. A few days ago I was in a PC retail store and was talking to one of the sales guys who was showing me his new iPhone 6 (standard) and then I showed him my BP and it was a no brainer he was genuinely blown away, and so was I as when you looked at them both the BP just looks a million bucks so much better in real life when side by side. He also said how ugly the back of his iPhone was and I had to agree those lines look cheap and tacky.

Most the comment I have found from people who have only seen pictures online has been more or less that it looks smaller in real life and really smart.

Work related, I now found myself using BBlend all the time, I seem to be now using my PB for all my straight forward emailing and the call and signal quality is out of this world.
    10-08-14 03:03 PM
    Your story would make a great commercial on cnbc.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:23 PM
    Whilst I love the look and feel of the phone, it is let down dreadfully by the Hub.
    Whilst I appreciate a lot of you will love the Hub, for me it is THE reason why I will probably have to return the phone & get a bb with os7 on instead.Why? - I have 10 different e-mail accounts which I need to see on 10 different icons - and know that I am responding from that account & not risk responding off the default account). I dont mind BBM's / texts in one place.but I dont want to see every e-mail I receive in the one place.
    This is the key reason I stuck with a blackberry when all around me were getting androids / iphones - and now the only way I can get what I need is to either get an old BB or a new windows phone.
    To solve this, Hub should be optional - with the option to show e-mails in different tabs as you used to be able to. If this can be done - great, I have 6 days left to decide on whether to keep the phone or not.
    Also, a word of warning to anyone who gets a BB p/port - DO NOT upgrade the amazon marketplace - if you hit agree you are giving Amazon the right to look at any of your files / images stored basically anywhere - and know where you are in the world at any time. If you hit decline, you cant access the marketplace until you agree to their ability to intrude in your life! So dont upgrade !
    I beleive there is an app ithat will be able to allow you to set up specific icons on your home screen. Also you need to get use to 3 distinctly different methods of information acces. Swipe,tap, and flick.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-09-14 11:12 AM
76 1234