Just went through my first day with the Passport. Love this phone. I spent most of the day getting familiar with the BB OS as this is my first BB phone. I downloaded some Android apps that were not available from either Amazon or the BB store. One is something I use every day called TODO cloud, a to-do list. The Audible app as I listen to a lot of audiobooks. I had read several posts that said this didn't work on BB, but it is working fine on mine. I also installed PayPal Here, and used the card reader successfully. I did take several swipes before it worked, but it may take some time to get detected. All in all a great day.

The passport may even take the place of my iPad for many things that I use that table for. My old Motorola is not even on the same field.
    nicky_willz, Jrox74 and vanrickman like this.
    12-16-15 09:04 PM
    Nice, I'm still waiting for mine, can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 09:06 PM
    Just went through my first day with the Passport. Love this phone. I spent most of the day getting familiar with the BB OS as this is my first BB phone. I downloaded some Android apps that were not available from either Amazon or the BB store. One is something I use every day called TODO cloud, a to-do list. The Audible app as I listen to a lot of audiobooks. I had read several posts that said this didn't work on BB, but it is working fine on mine. I also installed PayPal Here, and used the card reader successfully. I did take several swipes before it worked, but it may take some time to get detected. All in all a great day.

The passport may even take the place of my iPad for many things that I use that table for. My old Motorola is not even on the same field.
    Congrats on your first BB purchase,might I ask which Passport model you purchased?
    12-16-15 09:08 PM

This is my second day with my passport and it's growing on me.

On the paypal here app it might be your card reader, give paypal a call they sent me a new one free and it solved my problem. I thought it was the app until I tried a new card reader.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 09:18 PM
    Audible
    Barchart ( stocks and futures )
    Sirius XM
    Roboform
    Western Digital
    Sonys Crackle Movie App and many droid apps work great on the BB10.
    12-16-15 10:01 PM
    Passport
    Congrats on your first BB purchase,might I ask which Passport model you purchased?
    12-17-15 11:57 AM
    Passport
    Lets try this reply again after I read it, I got the ATT version of the Passport.
    12-17-15 05:46 PM
    Congrats on owning an awesome tool and a good looking one at that!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    12-17-15 06:03 PM
    I got it a week ago and it is also my first BlackBerry device... still getting used to the size but I like it a lot. I will have to instal� some Android Apps because I work in the financial sector in M�xico and I will need some way to follow news and markets from all over.

I like the Hub a lot, the phone's design, the battery life and the Docs app.

Very happy with my purchase.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 06:08 PM
    If you like it this much on your first day, I can only imagine how much you'll love it after a few weeks.

It took me a few weeks to really get comfortable with it, but I've had a Passport for over a year and I can't imagine not having one.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 06:35 PM
    I'm a phone addict. Constantly looking to change phones. But always come back to bb10. Had z31 and leap for long time and then bought Priv and returned it. Then tried the new lumia 950 only to return it in a week. Then bought the passport se which I'm beginning to love. Considered nexus 6p and fried it in a store, nice phone but I'll miss the bb10 features too much. So might end up buying the nexus for the wife instead.

So this phone is an absolute classic, something you'd always come back to. Enjoy!!
    12-17-15 06:41 PM
    Congrats! Mine arrives tomorrow morning. Glad you're enjoying it.
    12-17-15 07:56 PM
    Second day. Just working with the hub, that I love also. I like seeing all my text, calls and emails in one place.On my old Motorola I could swipe down on the phone and see new text and calls, but once you taped on them they were gone, so you had to go to each app to see it again. Now it's all in one place: Great. I am still getting used to the keyboard, with the Motorola I typed with one finger, now it's two handed and faster, but takes a little use to get fast with it. I had a Palm years ago, and that had a great keyboard. I think the Passport is as good.
    12-17-15 08:32 PM
    Good to see this getting getting more attention, currently have a Q10 but come March thinking about getting a Passport Silver edition also, was gonna get the classic but the Passport is growing on me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Telstra Mobile network
    12-17-15 09:12 PM
    Hi I have just had my Passport SE for a couple of weeks after coming from the Z10. This is my first PKB so I still have a learning curve on it but the Passport is a killer phone still getting used to the size but all in all it has been an excellent experience so far. Still learning more and more about everything this phone can do. Enjoy your Passport and welcome to BB10 Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE, 64GB Playbook, & Retired Z10
    12-17-15 09:23 PM
    Still waiting on mine, I ordered the red one. Rocking my note 3 until it comes.
    12-17-15 11:30 PM
    Good to see this getting getting more attention, currently have a Q10 but come March thinking about getting a Passport Silver edition also, was gonna get the classic but the Passport is growing on me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Telstra Mobile network
    I'm doing the same, q10 to passport se... the classic seems a step down from q10?

Posted via CB10 - 9900 - Q10 - Playbook - (Passport SE?)
    12-18-15 01:44 AM
    Passport
    LOL

Posted via the sexy black Panther
    12-18-15 01:45 AM
    I'm doing the same, q10 to passport se... the classic seems a step down from q10?

Posted via CB10 - 9900 - Q10 - Playbook - (Passport SE?)
    To me the classic is a Q10 with a toolbelt, and slightly different case, but apart from that isn't different has it has the same hardware specs, while the Passport SE is unique and different which I like and has higher specs and touch keyboard.

Sent from my Q10 smartphone on the Boost (Telstra ) network.
    12-18-15 05:56 AM
    Same as you, constantly changing from one phone to another. And now I am settling with the Passport Silver Edition.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 06:09 AM
    I just recently purchased passport og and loving it here in Argentina.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-18-15 06:27 AM
    I'm a phone addict. Constantly looking to change phones. But always come back to bb10. Had z31 and leap for long time and then bought Priv and returned it. Then tried the new lumia 950 only to return it in a week. Then bought the passport se which I'm beginning to love. Considered nexus 6p and fried it in a store, nice phone but I'll miss the bb10 features too much. So might end up buying the nexus for the wife instead.

So this phone is an absolute classic, something you'd always come back to. Enjoy!!
    What did you not like about the Lumia 950? I have been looking at it as a replacement for BB10. I see a lot of its quirks and issues, but the fact you can use thumb drives with it as is, and external hard drives using its hub with Continuum, makes it particularly useful for my specific needs.

Downsides for me currently are, the inability to sync with a Mac without using the cloud, I believe the same thing is true for a PC, although I have found work arounds for the PC, and fewer options in mail for how emails are downloaded.

What issues did you have?

Thanks
    12-18-15 11:37 AM
    What did you not like about the Lumia 950? I have been looking at it as a replacement for BB10. I see a lot of its quirks and issues, but the fact you can use thumb drives with it as is, and external hard drives using its hub with Continuum, makes it particularly useful for my specific needs.

Downsides for me currently are, the inability to sync with a Mac without using the cloud, I believe the same thing is true for a PC, although I have found work arounds for the PC, and fewer options in mail for how emails are downloaded.

What issues did you have?

Thanks
    Lumia 950 is a nice phone, crisp display and light weight with lots of power. But I was missing the BB10 features too much. There is no all mails view in the windows 10 OS and that was driving me crazy even though it's a small issue. Also the keyboard prediction was too slow, so I was making too many mistakes (no other keyboard comes close to BlackBerry).

Things like quick access to change profiles, bedtime
    mode etc is so easy on bb10 compared to any other OS for that matter. I'm so used to the hub and it's difficult for me to look at any other OS other than BB10.

The camera was a bit slow on lumia when you take pictures and it wasn't quick to auto focus. I assume these issues will be fixes in the future updates. So if you want to try windows phone it is a nice device to try it.
    12-18-15 11:45 AM
    Lumia 950 is a nice phone, crisp display and light weight with lots of power. But I was missing the BB10 features too much. There is no all mails view in the windows 10 OS and that was driving me crazy even though it's a small issue. Also the keyboard prediction was too slow, so I was making too many mistakes (no other keyboard comes close to BlackBerry).

Things like quick access to change profiles, bedtime
    mode etc is so easy on bb10 compared to any other OS for that matter. I'm so used to the hub and it's difficult for me to look at any other OS other than BB10.

The camera was a bit slow on lumia when you take pictures and it wasn't quick to auto focus. I assume these issues will be fixes in the future updates. So if you want to try windows phone it is a nice device to try it.
    Thanks for the info. Yes, the BB10 Hub is hard to beat. The camera issue isn't that big of a deal for me. The mail issue is what I had already seen as well. Blackberry simply does email right. It is sad to see BB10 go by the wayside. If I didn't hate the privacy issues related to Google, I would go for the Priv.

Does the Lumia 950 automatically download attachments, or do you have to click on them?
    12-18-15 12:01 PM
    Thanks for the info. Yes, the BB10 Hub is hard to beat. The camera issue isn't that big of a deal for me. The mail issue is what I had already seen as well. Blackberry simply does email right. It is sad to see BB10 go by the wayside. If I didn't hate the privacy issues related to Google, I would go for the Priv.

Does the Lumia 950 automatically download attachments, or do you have to click on them?
    I remember attachment download worked the same way as bb10. Images download automatically but if you've other attachments like PDF or other types of documents you need to click on them to download

Other issue I'd was inability to print to my HP. I've the android app on my passport and it works flawlessly on bb10. But with windows app it didn't work
    12-18-15 12:10 PM
33 12