Z30 is also worth experiencing if you have the opportunity.
    Yes, I originally wanted to buy Z30, having been a touch screen user for so long, but they didn't have the stock at the time (and I've searched the whole building, the stock was indeed depleted) so I switched to Passport instead. I'm quite happy with it.
    03-29-15 11:07 PM
    I was being a bonehead - not enough coffee before I posted.
    03-30-15 12:08 AM
    Yeah, I suppose as well. I used to tap lightly with touch devices, now it must be done with a bit of added pressure. I also use stylus with the screen, which helps a bit.

Posted via CB10
    Once you get used to physical keyboard, you will find yourself adapting to virtual keyboard again.

Touch sensitive keyboard is quite useful and addictive, that I would not get a BlackBerry without one.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    03-30-15 12:59 AM
    I would like to ask...
    My Passport's OS version is 10.3.1.1565, and has been so since I bought it yesterday, I haven't done any update. Upon opening Crackberry app about an hour ago, it flickered like crazy ...

Thanks in advance.
    Update to software release 10.3.1.1779 at least. That update solve flickering and other glitches.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    david7saad likes this.
    03-30-15 02:59 AM
    Thank you! I will try that soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 03:04 AM
    Update to software release 10.3.1.1779 at least. That update solve flickering and other glitches.

OK, I've found the link for the aforementioned update version. How do I do the update? I'm sorry, I'm still very new at this.

03-30-15 03:45 AM
    Welcome to CB

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281 on Roids....
    03-30-15 03:48 AM
    Welcome to CB

Thank you.
    03-30-15 03:51 AM
    Thank you.
    take a read in the link provided feel free to ask around..

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=812685

03-30-15 03:56 AM
    With your Passport go to settings and check for software updates. Your phone should be able to detect if there are new OS updates available for download. Beware that the availability depends on carriers, regions and what not. If that dos not work I suggest you check the forums for the related threads cause there are several alternative ways to update the OS. Personally I prefer to update with OTA releases cause it is easier although not as fast as installing leaks.

03-30-15 06:19 AM
    IMG_20150330_202028.png

The software update screen mentioned before

03-30-15 06:22 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry
    I came back to BlackBerry last month
    I have everything I need in a phone

Posted via Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582
    03-30-15 06:27 AM
    With your Passport go to settings and check for software updates. Your phone should be able to detect if there are new OS updates available for download. Beware that the availability depends on carriers, regions and what not. If that dos not work I suggest you check the forums for the related threads cause there are several alternative ways to update the OS. Personally I prefer to update with OTA releases cause it is easier although not as fast as installing leaks.

Yes, I've tried the OTA method, and I like that better, but it says that there's no more update and my current is the highest. I'm still learning to update using the Autoleader/Sachibar, but it seems so complex. I'm rather afraid of bricking my device by mistake. Installing Google Play Store was one thing, but this....

Guess there's no easier (read: safer) way to do it, ya?

But thanks, anyway. I will try it very carefully.
    03-30-15 06:30 AM
    After 40 years and a gazillion of androids later, finally decided to bite this little beast. So far so good. Like d device.

Posted via CB10
    I've also tried everything out there, including Windows Phone which, for the record, I also like. I can't explain it but somehow being back on a Blackberry is just very comfortable. It's like coming home after being gone for years. Maybe not as exciting as traveling the world but yet it somehow just feels right being there.
    03-30-15 06:59 AM
    If you want to update only because of the flickering problem a hard reset usually fixes it for some days (hard reset: press down the up and down volume keys simultaneously until the phone restarts)

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 07:02 AM
    If you want to update only because of the flickering problem a hard reset usually fixes it for some days (hard reset: press down the up and down volume keys simultaneously until the phone restarts)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tips, brah.
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    03-30-15 07:08 AM
    Y'know....

At first, when I looked at the Passport in the Net, YouTube and/or mags, I thought the thing was HUGE and would be a bothersome to behold, but when I looked at it for real the first time yesterday, I thought, "Holy cow, it's actually cutish small!" The width is precisely equal to my former Asus Zenfone 6 (that thing--believe it or not--felt like holding a brick with the flip cover on), but cut short about half of it.

Now, holding the Passport feels like more like holding a small notebook, or agenda--especially because I use it with a Pearl stylus for the touch screen. I like it. It fits precisely on my front shirt pocket, with a bit of wriggle room for pens and whatnot--even with the added thickness of the flip cover. It's inconspicuous to be put on the table. Most people wouldn't even realize it's a phone AT ALL, until I pick it up and use it for phone call.

And those faces, brah, are PRICELESS.

Last edited by bhoqeem; 03-30-15 at 07:57 AM.
    arfin and BionicKris like this.
    03-30-15 07:41 AM
    Yes, I've tried the OTA method, and I like that better, but it says that there's no more update and my current is the highest. I'm still learning to update using the Autoleader/Sachibar, but it seems so complex. I'm rather afraid of bricking my device by mistake. Installing Google Play Store was one thing, but this....

Guess there's no easier (read: safer) way to do it, ya?

But thanks, anyway. I will try it very carefully.
    Well in some threads it is mentioned that for the Passport to detect the update sometimes is necessary to take the SIM card out and turn on the phone, then update via Wifi. As I had not have the need for such idea please make sure to read the threads well.

03-30-15 07:53 AM
    Well in some threads it is mentioned that for the Passport to detect the update sometimes is necessary to take the SIM card out and turn on the phone, then update via Wifi. As I had not have the need for such idea please make sure to read the threads well.

Interesting. I think I'm gonna try the taking out SIM card method first, hope it'll work.
    Thank you!
    03-30-15 07:58 AM
    Interesting. I think I'm gonna try the taking out SIM card method first, hope it'll work.
    Thank you!
    No problem, just checked one of the threads about the issue. The flow goes like this: remove SIM->power on->hard reset (pushing both volume buttons simultaneously).
    Good luck.

03-30-15 08:02 AM
    Since you are not invested in the devices as much now. I would just autoload what you want. IT is running and EXE and plugging in your device. This wipes your device though. But it is seamless and cleanest.
    03-30-15 08:07 AM
    Forgot to mention that it is also possible to update via BlackBerry Link, connecting the Passport via the USB cable to a PC.

03-30-15 08:07 AM
    Hey welcome to CB and congrats. I feel bad for you, because you won't be able to put this phone down for a long time. I've had it since October and I haven't been able to put it down aside for the period that I tried out the Classic. Enjoy!
    03-30-15 08:11 AM
    Thank you guys! I will try carefully your suggestions.

One other thing: I have a Sony Smartwatch 2. I haven't checked much at the store, but...is there any official app or support for this SW2 at the BB Store, or is there a particular way one may connect the watch to the Passport?
    03-30-15 08:13 AM
    I was so pro Android from day one when the first beta and final 1.5 came out that I still find Android OS 2.6 the best there is in uniformity and use but must say when I switch 2 years ago from Android to BlackBerry I had the same feeling about BlackBerry OS 10.1 as with Android OS 2.6 but better.

Love the keyboard, HUB, gesture and the smoothness of the OS. Android is laggy and some Android Apps that work fine on my BlackBerry doesn't work good on a Samsung S5. It makes me laugh
    david7saad likes this.
    03-30-15 03:25 PM
72 123