10-09-14 07:53 PM
55 123
tools
    Hey, how do I make the keyboard map to symbols when the symbol screen is up? I can lock mapping mode for several consecutive symbols but how can I do it for just one?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-03-14 08:02 PM
    Hey, how do I make the keyboard map to symbols when the symbol screen is up? I can lock mapping mode for several consecutive symbols but how can I do it for just one?

Swipe down on the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:22 AM
    Swipe down on the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Good grief! How did I miss that?

10-04-14 07:50 AM
    On the subject of missing the obvious, I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had some trouble swiping predicted words with my left thumb. I believed it was some sort of issue with how I was doing it. It was, but not in the way I thought.

I only just discovered that swiping only works if you have no other contact with the keyboard. If another finger or thumb is touching a key, nothing happens. As it turns out, I noticed that when swiping with my left thumb, I had a tendency to let my right thumb touch the right edge of the keyboard fairly often, so swiping wouldn't work. For whatever reason, when swiping with my right thumb I didn't leave my left in contact with the keyboard, so it always worked. Once I knew what was happening, it only required a minor adjustment to keep my right thumb clear when swiping with the left. Problem solved.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    10-08-14 11:54 AM
    A few other items I have noticed is that the conference call feature does not work. On all previous BlackBerrys, it would dial me in including the pass code when selecting the join now feature from the calendar reminder.

Further, I have not been able to swap calls while on one call and another calls in. Seems to drop both calls.

Has anyone else noticed these items?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:53 PM
55 123