I think the videos is the biggest problem for Passport. Does it cut the edges when you put it in full screen or does it put those black lines on the top and bottom part of the screen?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:12 AM
    I'm okay with the space bar and 'B', but swiping predicted words is so far not happening.

Also, the comma should automatically add a space; it doesn't. That's a bug.

And the Amazon app store doesn't open. I think that's a bug too.

I'm loving the sound that comes out of this thing.

Posted from my Q10.
    It does add a space for me, look!

Try loading the latest apk from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    09-28-14 05:05 AM
    It does add a space for me, look!

Try loading the latest apk from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    No,it's not working for me,look!

But I've noticed it's erratic. Sometimes it works. And thanks for the suggestion about Amazon,which did work.

Posted from my Q10.
    09-28-14 05:16 AM
    Guys, what about audio? Is the sound good, clean and powerful or better find another device for listening musiс?
    09-28-14 05:36 AM
    Guys, what about audio? Is the sound good, clean and powerful or better find another device for listening musiс?
    I'm very impressed with the audio. I can't compare to many other devices but I find it to be loud and clear.

Posted from my Q10.
    Nick Volkov likes this.
    09-28-14 06:21 AM
    Does anybody have the screen freeze for a split second often when scrolling up and down in Web pages and in apps(like Crackberry)? It's like a quick hiccup or something. It is happening quite often to me. I notice it too when I try to lock the phone. Screen just doesn't respond for a split second.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:06 AM
    I wish BlackBerry made a Z class device with Passport internals.

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    09-28-14 08:16 AM
    2. Being middle aged, my eyes are not great any more so I bumped the font up to 10 point from the default 8 and in many apps such as Contacts, the rows or fields for the text and data do not expand to accommodate the bigger font. Thus, some of the text is cut off either at the top or bottom much like what happens in an Excel spreadsheet.

Kurt
    I use increased fonts (10 as well) on Q10 and do experience some issues, as with email headers, but nothing critical in other apps.
    Is it really so inconvenient on Passport?
    09-28-14 08:19 AM
    The font change does the same thing on the 30
    09-28-14 08:24 AM
    Yes, I consider buying the Passport extravagant. However, I agree with others that say that the typing on the Z10 and Z30 was highly error prone. I too want Waze.
    09-28-14 09:14 AM
    Yes, I consider buying the Passport extravagant. However, I agree with others that say that the typing on the Z10 and Z30 was highly error prone. I too want Waze.
    I find typing on my 30 great. It types what I meant to and didn't.
    09-28-14 09:22 AM
    The videos have the black bars at the top and bottom.

The audio is by far the best of any Blackberry yet. I don't know if I would say it is better than the HTC One but perhaps on par with it. When using the speaker phone, I find myself turning the volume down as it has so much volume. The clarity is far superior to any other phone I have used...and that includes many brands including Apple and Samsung.

As for he font, I compromised and went with 9 point which seems to fit most app fields well.

Kurt

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kfehling; 09-28-14 at 01:43 PM. Reason: More Detail on speaker phone
    09-28-14 10:15 AM
    One more note, visual voice-mail does not work on AT&T yet as they have not provisioned the phone in their system. I spent about an hour with tech support and there was no nothing they could do as of yet. A small, but annoying detail. Makes me wonder how long before they officially launch it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:20 AM
    Kurt thank you for the report and giving us the first impressions. I'll be waiting for AT&T release and purchase on contract. Nice to have first hand knowledge before I get mine.
    09-28-14 11:41 AM
    And people wonder why ATT takes so long with testing? I've noticed fewer complaints about their updates as compared to other foreign carriers that rushed them out more quickly

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 11:44 AM
    Another quirk, maybe not specific to the Passport:

Before backing up my Q10, I made sure to clean up my contacts. I unlinked everything and set it to show my outlook.com contacts and nothing else. No using the Internet to gather more info. When I switched to the Passport I kept those settings but the OS has ignored them. Although I have no duplicates yet, many contacts now have Facebook and LinkedIn links.

Posted from my Q10.
    09-28-14 12:37 PM
    And people wonder why ATT takes so long with testing? I've noticed fewer complaints about their updates as compared to other foreign carriers that rushed them out more quickly

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I'm content to wait a month or so. All new mechanisms have some glitches that need to be discovered and worked out. Thanks to those of you intrepid people who are discovering the glitches.
    09-28-14 12:40 PM
    Waze works fine from Snap.
    09-28-14 01:42 PM
    Another keyboard growing pain:

I find I have a tendency to hit punctuation marks by mistake with the tip of my thumb when pressing letters on the top row.

Like t:his.

Posted from my Passport.
    09-28-14 06:15 PM
    Videos isn't a problem for me, as I had the z10 before, the width of the screen is the same as what it was in landscape mode for my z10, so no issues there

Posted via my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-28-14 06:17 PM
    Another keyboard growing pain:

I find I have a tendency to hit punctuation marks by mistake with the tip of my thumb when pressing letters on the top row.

Like t:his.

Posted from my Passport.
    I was having that the first day too. Your hands adjust to being a little lower, and my thumbs have nearly totally stopped hitting the virtual row of keys.
    Oh, and back to the age thing haha...Were you on the Q10 before this? I was on the Z30 a lot before my Passport, so swiping up to get the words was practiced a lot. But my mom has only been on the Q10, so the swiping up the keyboard for a word is weird to her, though she does like the Predictions turned on.
    09-28-14 11:28 PM
    I just don't know why anyone would buy Passport if they already love their Z30. Makes no sense to me, I guess some people need to have the latest toy.
    ah not the best attitude to have at this point...
    09-28-14 11:52 PM
    Nice review OP! Can't wait.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-28-14 11:54 PM
    I was having that the first day too. Your hands adjust to being a little lower, and my thumbs have nearly totally stopped hitting the virtual row of keys.
    Yep, I'm already noticing it happening less, without my having to make any conscious effort. You have to press the keys with a slightly different part of the thumb, not something you'd normally pay attention to. I remember when I went from a 9780 to a 9900 I had a few days of making mistakes because the size of the keyboard and the contour of the keys were a bit different. Seems like something similar is happening again.

I expect to type 'B' with my left thumb, but I'm already using my right thumb without giving it any thought, after the first couple of mistakes.

Oh, and back to the age thing haha...Were you on the Q10 before this? I was on the Z30 a lot before my Passport, so swiping up to get the words was practiced a lot. But my mom has only been on the Q10, so the swiping up the keyboard for a word is weird to her, though she does like the Predictions turned on.
    Yes, I was on the Q10, but I did own a Z10 for about five months when it was first released, so I'm not a stranger to the up-swiping action. But I used the predicted words on frets on the Z10, and I never quite settled into it. I found it broke the flow of typing. I didn't try having the predicted words on columns. On the Q10 I used predictive text quite a lot, with no sense of interrupted flow of action. The predictive text is so good, I see no reason not to use it.

On the Passport, I'm trying to get the feel for swiping the predicted words, but after the Q10 I have a strong tendency to tap them. But I'm working on it, and getting a little better. The problem is, if I swipe too far, I hit the damn punctuation marks again. And sometimes I swipe up and nothing happens; I'm not sure why.

On a semi-related note, I used Restore to import my 450 Word Sub entries to the Passport, and with those going I really type at a brisk clip anyway. I may be old, but I still have a few tricks left.
    09-29-14 08:11 AM
    Updated the original post with new info.
    10-02-14 09:09 PM
55 123