Does anyone know any good firewall for blackberry that controls which apps access the net with your personal information, I don't want to go all paranoid about apps stealing my information from my phone or the nsa having backdoors but I'm concerned about how apps connect to the Internet and what they take with them. I only blackberry is certified for business purposes and etc but I don't believe anything I hear anymore lol
    It's either I go blackberry or a custom security optimized version of Android to have more control over my phone
    12-09-16 11:11 PM
    Yeah that's the good thing about android after installing a custom rom or deleting all Google services and installing apps like xprivacy. To block an app from taking the first jump of identifying information. It's incredible what apps can do. Had my buddies app just monitoring my text messages in real time on the cloud. The truth is there are also a ton of deniers that keep saying check an apps permission before installing. Apps like xprivacy just mitigates the risk of data theft. Definitely one thing I miss on android. And truth is Google is removing good backdoors and walling of the system with each so called upgrade. Phishers are definitely in their heaven.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/16...-security.html

When you read news like that you'd laugh cos it says Chinese cheap phones and they're crapping on china, but truth is there are a ton of root level system backdoors on android that it's pitiful. The dtek app is a step in the right direction but blackberry should have continously built bb10 and strengthened the runtime. Android was never made to be secure.. Android was made free to be able to harvest user data and information to google and everyone wants a piece of the pie. Dtek is only a lipstick on a pig
    Posted via C B10
    Last edited by ryder55; 12-10-16 at 09:01 AM.
    12-10-16 08:30 AM
    Yeah that's the good thing about android after installing a custom rom or deleting all Google services and installing apps like xprivacy. To block an app from taking the first jump of identifying information. It's incredible what apps can do. Had my buddies app just monitoring my text messages in real time on the cloud. The truth is there are also a ton of deniers that keep saying check an apps permission before installing. Apps like xprivacy just mitigates the risk of data theft. Definitely one thing I miss on android. And truth is Google is removing good backdoors and walling of the system with each so called upgrade. Phishers are definitely in their heaven.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/16...-security.html

When you read news like that you'd laugh cos it says Chinese cheap phones and they're crapping on china, but truth is there are a ton of root level system backdoors on android that it's pitiful. The dtek app is a step in the right direction but blackberry should have continously built bb10 and strengthened the runtime. Android was never made to be secure.. Android was made free to be able to harvest user data and information to google and everyone wants a piece of the pie. Dtek is only a lipstick on a pig
    Posted via C B10
    Lipstick on a pig, lol,
    I wonder if blackberry has backdoors or ios, I hear a they all do, one thing with android is we can change the source code unless we know how lol, I guess what I'm trying to say is although android is a mess the issue with blackberry or ios Noone knows what's in that code. We have no clue what kind of code is on there, it almost scares me when I think about it. I've been getting into open source over the years, and I like the idea of looking at how things work, including programs and just looking at the code, with these proprietary systems I don't think I can put my trust in them. Especially if I use my phone for my small business,
    12-10-16 09:15 AM
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mobile-p...acking-breach/

Yeah 90 percent of top apps were breached this report says. And that's true about proprietary systems. Apps were stealing data from ios without users being aware as they had no way to know what's going on behind the scenes. I've been reading a lot of funny arguments lately about spying and being safe by only downloading verified market apps. Google programmers are shi*ting their pants and can't say the truth without the risk of losing market share and people are looking to google to keep them safe lol. That's why they opened up the permissions feature. Truth is yeah that's one good point about installing an open source custom rom and not a locked down system. we can only take blackberries word for it and have comfort that it's preferred by the government.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ryder55; 12-10-16 at 10:07 AM.
    12-10-16 09:56 AM
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mobile-p...acking-breach/

Yeah 90 percent of top apps were breached this report says. And that's true about proprietary systems. Apps were stealing data from ios without users being aware as they had no way to know what's going on behind the scenes. I've been reading a lot of funny arguments lately about spying and being safe by only downloading verified market apps. Google programmers are shi*ting their pants and can't say the truth without the risk of losing market share and people are looking to google to keep them safe lol. That's why they opened up the permissions feature. Truth is yeah that's one good point about installing an open source custom rom and not a locked down system. we can only take blackberries word for it and have comfort that it's preferred by the government.

Posted via CB10
    Oh man those links were terrible, I think it's custom android for now lol, it's a bigger issue and I need to realize, for the average person maybe they don't care but as a business owner I need to care, and there is apps on blackberry app store I don't know what they do in the background, blackberry may be safe but the apps are not all made by the company, as the scary apps from Google Apps are not made my Google, it can be more complex, I'm sure blackberry is safe but what happens when I use the he app store.
    12-10-16 10:28 AM