Does anybody use the keyboard as much as me?

Is it the way i hold it? I can't bend my thumb without bending my index finger so my index fingers are bent on the side of passport

I never experienced any pain or strain from Q10. Anybody experience anything similar? I love the phone but low narrow keyboard design may not be for me..

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:48 AM
    Chin. Use your chin.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    10-24-14 11:32 AM
    Chin. Use your chin.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    This. But seriously, I work with my hands all day and at the end of the day it's the z30 that I pick up for texts and stuff that doesn't require a lot of reading.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:38 AM
    I see an index finger lawsuit in the making and a middle finger lawsuit rebuttal....sorry OP....could not help it
    sidhuk and marzfreerider like this.
    10-24-14 11:44 AM
    I experience BlackBerry Thumb when using my Q10 a lot.
    10-24-14 11:49 AM
    I don't hold it like you when typing.

The phone rests on the inside of my first and second finger, while thumbs type on keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:50 AM
    I hold it like I hold xbox and ps3 controllers. Years of training
    marzfreerider likes this.
    10-24-14 11:55 AM
    I use it a lot as well, but without any pain, question for u, do u hit the keys hard? Because is not need for that and that could be the cause of your pain

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:01 PM
    I have strain on my pinky finger as I am using that to support the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:10 PM
    I see an index finger lawsuit in the making and a middle finger lawsuit rebuttal....sorry OP....could not help it
    Hehe

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:20 PM
    Hmmm.... I had to type a reply to this thread to take a look at how I actually hold the Passport while typing.

As I type this the phone is resting on the insides of my pinky fingers and the back of the phone is supported on each side by my other three fingers from each hand while my thumbs do the typing.

No strain here.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:22 PM
    I can't hold the phone like you guys because i cant bend my thumb without bending my index finger. The nerves are connected.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 01:39 PM
    I can't hold the phone like you guys because i cant bend my thumb without bending my index finger. The nerves are connected.

Posted via CB10
    Take the phone and place it in your hands. Use your pinkies to support the bottom and use your thumbs to type. Your other fingers should be supporting the phone from the back ie like a cradle.

That is how I use my Passport and I have no pain or strain on my hands or fingers.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 01:55 PM
    Take the phone and place it in your hands. Use your pinkies to support the bottom and use your thumbs to type. Your other fingers should be supporting the phone from the back ie like a cradle.

That is how I use my Passport and I have no pain or strain on my hands or fingers.

Posted via CB10
    This is how I hold my Passport also. However, I did feel a bit of strain the first day or so. But like any other movement or exercise, your body adjusts and the feeling goes away. I don't feel it anymore now.
    10-24-14 02:12 PM
    My big toe has been killing me the last few days I don't think it's my gout maybe its the way I hold my passport?

Posted via CB10
    Jeffm63 likes this.
    10-24-14 02:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I understand but like I said I can't bend my thumb to type unless i bend my index fingers. Try doing what you said but bend your index fingers. Phone falls down.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:05 PM
    so then how can we help if you have mutant fingers...dafuq
    10-24-14 03:44 PM
    Like Spawn and Andrewmc, I hold my PP the same way. Try spreading your index and middle fingers wide while cradling it, your fingers are less likely to bend/cramp when they are stretched out this way. Takes a bit to get used to (I have very petite hands), but you'll become comfortable before you know it.
    10-24-14 03:45 PM
    I understand but like I said I can't bend my thumb to type unless i bend my index fingers. Try doing what you said but bend your index fingers. Phone falls down.

Posted via CB10
    Ok and my index fingers bend but the phone doesn't fall down as my 3 other fingers are holding it up from the back.

I have average sized hands and I don't have any issues holding the phone nor do I suffer from pain or cramp.

You might need to figure out another way of holding the Passport or it may not be suitable for u.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:50 PM
    True. It hurts my thumbs for a few days too. But after weeks, I get used to it. Lol.
    10-24-14 04:12 PM
    Maybe a video demo will help.
    10-24-14 05:26 PM