I'm looking to get a fine point stylus to use with my passport. Anyone have any expirience?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 12:49 AM
    Just simply don't. Your devices screen was not built with a stylus in mind, therefore don't use a stylus.
    04-30-15 11:58 AM
    Just simply don't. Your devices screen was not built with a stylus in mind, therefore don't use a stylus.
    What a silly response...

To op: there was a user who had one and I think he used to call himself BlackBerryprice or some other self loving name... search the forum!
    04-30-15 12:56 PM
    The active ones are powered to work with mainly APPLE products so a passive fine point stylus is what you are looking for.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    04-30-15 01:19 PM
    The active ones are powered to work with mainly APPLE products so a passive fine point stylus is what you are looking for.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    Ummm, maybe you should learn a thing or two about digitizer technology before spouting stuff. OP, you will be hard pressed to find a stylus with a "fine" tip for the Passport. The screen on the Passport only has a capacitive digitizer, meaning the styluses you buy for it simply simulate your nubby fingers. No palm rejection, no pressure sensitivity, just an extension of your hand.

Wacom, nTrig, etc put out devices with both capacitive digitizers and ACTIVE digitizers that sense pens and allow for palm rejection and pressure sensitivity. Apple does NOT use active digitizer technology like cellphonejunkie said, they only have capacitive digitizers but use half-assed bluetooth communication between pen and device and weird plastic discs to try and simulate good palm-rejection and pressure sensitivity. They fail when it comes to that.

Moral of the story, you probably wont like the stylus experience. But buy a capacitive stylus if you want to try.
    04-30-15 10:40 PM
    I found stylus pens useless on Note1, when I had one, and since then I didn't have one. Couple of weeks ago I tried it on my PP and could not find what to do on a Passport with it, so that experiment lasted for 5 min only.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 11:23 PM
    Ummm, maybe you should learn a thing or two about digitizer technology before spouting stuff. OP, you will be hard pressed to find a stylus with a "fine" tip for the Passport. The screen on the Passport only has a capacitive digitizer, meaning the styluses you buy for it simply simulate your nubby fingers. No palm rejection, no pressure sensitivity, just an extension of your hand.

Wacom, nTrig, etc put out devices with both capacitive digitizers and ACTIVE digitizers that sense pens and allow for palm rejection and pressure sensitivity. Apple does NOT use active digitizer technology like cellphonejunkie said, they only have capacitive digitizers but use half-assed bluetooth communication between pen and device and weird plastic discs to try and simulate good palm-rejection and pressure sensitivity. They fail when it comes to that.

Moral of the story, you probably wont like the stylus experience. But buy a capacitive stylus if you want to try.
    Great, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 11:24 PM
    What a silly response...

To op: there was a user who had one and I think he used to call himself BlackBerryprice or some other self loving name... search the forum!
    Actually it was the right response

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    04-30-15 11:24 PM
    styluss styling
    04-30-15 11:28 PM
    I'm an amateur but I used an adonit jot pro stylus with the sketchbook app and managed to do this while waiting for class
    Attachment 349157
    Post No. 15 from this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1005582
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    05-01-15 12:21 AM