05-11-15 01:45 AM
36 12
tools
    Regarding the case, you were so handy with the screen protector, why don't you bejewel her up a custom one. She will have to like it because you made it for her.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 01:29 AM
    With that cover looks ugly

Passport
    04-25-15 02:17 AM
    Regarding the case, you were so handy with the screen protector, why don't you bejewel her up a custom one. She will have to like it because you made it for her.

Posted via CB10
    Haha... I'm not a bedazzler kinda guy lol, but not a bad idea. I'll have to think on that one. Thanks for the idea!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:50 AM
    With that cover looks ugly

Passport
    I wouldn't say ugly... definitely not for me, but I used what I had to work with. Not much out there for the AT&T version for her.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:51 AM
    Haha... I'm not a bedazzler kinda guy lol, but not a bad idea. I'll have to think on that one. Thanks for the idea!

Posted via CB10
    I imagine it would be easy. Just go down that aisle at Walmart with all the craft stuff and buy whatever is shiny.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:43 PM
    Update: As whoever has read this thread knows, my mother has absolutely fell in love with the AT&T Passport but really disappointed with case options. I told her to give it until May and there should be some cheap TPU cases I could get her with less bulk and in a feminine color. So far still nothing. Anyway, while searching I found Skinomi skins for the original and AT&T version.

I have never used a skin on any of my devices and really wasn't sure how the installation would go, but it was fairly easy to install. She loves the pink and loves all that bulk from the Seidio Surface Case now gone. The colors they advertise are not accurate in my opinion. Her gold case was more of a bronze. I ordered a red and it was more of a maroon color.

While she ran out to the store I had her leave me her Passport and put the Skinomi skin on. Now she absolutely loves her Passport stating "I can't wait to show everybody on Sunday" (Mothers Day gift). Oh and I just didn't have it in me to do a DIY case for her, but I did mention it to her (thanks for the ideas though). As I wrote, she is more than happy now. Hopefully the skin stays on well, at least for a while. She is really loving the skin and the new feel of the device! Here are the updated pics...
    suzicat, kthhrrsn, Korepab and 1 others like this.
    05-08-15 04:58 PM
    The OCD in me is surfacing. You need to redo that screen protector!
    05-08-15 05:07 PM
    The OCD in me is surfacing. You need to redo that screen protector!
    I know. It's such a pain though lol. I'm OCD to and it irks me every time I look at it. She doesn't care, thinks the mirror is awesome. There are more companies making AT&T Passport screen protectors so I'm just hoping I can get an actual mirror protector soon for the AT&T version. She absolutely refuses to use a phone unless she has that damn mirror protector lol. I personally hate it. Love my matte protectors!

Edit: BTW I did tell her I'm ordering more from her Amazon Prime. The hole punch idea was great and now I have the Skinomi AT&T protector as a guide so will end of fixing it eventually lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 05:14 PM
    What a lovely family! God bless you all.

Posted via CB10
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    05-08-15 06:03 PM
    This is such a great story! I hope the hot pink TPU case she so wants is available asap

Posted via CB10
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    05-10-15 11:53 AM
    Just wanted to update this thread a bit as the Passport was her Mothers Day gift. Our family has a Mothers Day dinner and my aunts/uncles/cousins are mostly on iphones with a few having the iPhone 6 +.

My mom had her Passport and pretty much everyone asked what is that. She proudly said it's the new BlackBerry Passport and was showing some of the features including the touch keyboard and form factor. A family member has an iPhone 6 plus and my mom actually commented on how odd it was being so long and narrow with the huge top/bottom home button.

She showed off the no back/home button on the Passport and how she could go into multiple settings and just swipe up and exit. She loves her fitbit and the app works/syncs great without any lag. She was pretty much giving everyone at the table some education on the "new" BlackBerry even saying how much better the experience is coming from her iPhone as well as talking about when she uses her ipad she is constantly trying to swipe around.

Just overall awesome and funny at the same time as she was just like yeah you all upgrade to the next iPhone number as Apple tells you to without looking at better options. They were all pretty impressed with the Passport and form factor. She was really happy she had the pink skin on for today lol.

I just let her talk about her Passport and how much better it is over her old iPhone with everyone in disbelief that BlackBerry makes such a modern device with so many features built right in to the OS. She unknowingly gave them all a beatdown for not being open minded and letting Apple dictate their next device lol. It was fascinating how out of touch people are with BlackBerry.

P.S. - This is not meant to bash Apple or any other device (she does use an ipad), just a really cool dinner where a decent chunk of the time was spent in awe of her Passport. Thought I'd share the experience with everyone here. Really glad she truly loves her Passport :-)

Posted via CB10
    Korepab, islandp, nabher and 1 others like this.
    05-11-15 01:45 AM
36 12