10-09-14 09:25 PM
318 12345 ...
tools
    If you don't care about the appearance, go for it.. no doubt!

I'm a high tech person who doesn't only look at the shape but trust me when i saw it, i had a set back..

It's just my honest opinion about it - as i said, it might grow on me but not till moment..
    I do care about the appearance. It's the form factor that I am attracted to. Fashion is subjective. Not everyone is going to appreciate the same thing. I can understand your reaction to the form factor.
    kareem_ruhi likes this.
    09-15-14 11:34 AM
    Op: May I suggest amending your initial post so that a casual web surfer won't see just one post and not realize that your impressions have been modified to whatever extend they may become?

I just hope that I can get my hands on one before making a decision because who knows if Verizon will have one in their stores or even carry the device at all.
    undone and D3C0D3R like this.
    09-15-14 11:53 AM
    I was really anxious to see it physically as i had mixed emotions about it through the images (i think most of you do as well).

I've been waiting to get my hands on it for the past 2 weeks but, unfortunately, as soon as my friend gave it to me, my reaction was: "Listen, you can keep it". I actually ended up taking it just for the sake of trouble he's been into to bring me one.

Honestly speaking, i don't know how high were the designers.. I don't know if it will actually grow on me in terms of size, i have no idea how some people used to say that it's a 'sexy' design; it might be, but not in this size - its TOO wide. Couldn't they just make it a bit less wider? Or do you have to stick to the square screen when having a keyboard?

I brought it into the office this morning and showed it to few of my colleagues, the reaction was so negative.. At least when you buy a new phone, you expect people to take it and play around with it not laugh at you? It's not that i want to 'show off' but it should bring a positive vibe at least?

I've been a BB user since the Pearl era and i was really looking forward to this model as finally we have a large screen WITH a physical keyboard (which is one of the major things i'm still loyal to Blackberry).. Thought i'll be replacing my Q10 in a month but i'm really frustrated. As much as i'm trying to convince myself, it's just too odd in the hand..

Nonetheless, the device performance is indeed marvelous and the camera is excellent as well. If you're worried about the weird keyboard, don't worry, i got used to it after 10 minutes - it's not a big deal. But the size, i simply couldn't....

I hope a miracle happens and they release a less wide handset in the official launch!

Cheers from a loyal Blackberry user (i wonder till when..)
    Are you sure it is the final production HW build?
    09-15-14 12:01 PM
    Kareem, thank you. You helped me finalize my decision about which phone to move to after my Z10. It's definitely going to be the Z30 instead of the Passport.
    lift likes this.
    09-15-14 12:03 PM
    Wow. Thanks for sharing. I too can't wait to get my hands on one.

Power by 10.3.0.1052
    booker1953 likes this.
    09-15-14 12:10 PM
    lucky you be generous "kareem" and send it my way if you don't like it !
    09-15-14 12:12 PM
    Kareem, thank you. You helped me finalize my decision about which phone to move to after my Z10. It's definitely going to be the Z30 instead of the Passport.
    Lol!!! Wait?? What?? Your going to base your final decision on someone that you don't know, on what phone is going to be your next??

Here's a thought, why not wait till u can see the phone for yourself then decide. Or better still if you can't see one for real, as maybe the retailers in your area won't carry it. Then grab your paper passport and see if you like the size and dimensions of the passport. If u don't then fair enough.

Personally I can't wait to move over to the passport myself, I have a z30 and as much as I love it. I just cannot stand typing on a touchscreen. Been using touchscreens for the past couple of yrs, first the z10 and now the z30 and great phones but not so great for me.

Also there is the classic coming out in the next few mths, could always give that a go.

Posted via CB10
    vaioman and NtotheK like this.
    09-15-14 12:13 PM
    lol @OP like that girl who gets better looking the longer you speak to her?
    09-15-14 12:13 PM
    Passport looks like a businnes smart phone for real man. It's not for playing Candy Crash or to take a selfies
    Whats wrong with Cand Crush and selfies? I like to take Candy Crush...and play the selfies....
    Jtaylor1986 likes this.
    09-15-14 12:19 PM
    Hey ... let's not forget that the Passport is capable of running Candy Crush and taking selfies. This phone can serve multiple individuals.

I was curious about this as well. What are the orange symbols OP?
    JuiciPatties... Jamaica? I love those!!! The best ever--cheese patties!!
    09-15-14 12:25 PM
    I guess the Passport will be an acquired taste, like whisky, the first time it will give you a mixed emotion but after a while the benefits will make you like it (just like a good whisky).
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-15-14 12:33 PM
    I know you guys have seen a lot of photos recently, thought of sharing some fresh ones:

[...]

To be honest, i think i withdraw some of my previous words... I'm starting to fall in love..
    And I've not much doubt you'll keep gaining interest in this singular device
    You're a pioneer : keep the road open and let us know in a while how big is the "BUT" answer to your fellas' "ooohhh it's ugly" very first impression

Keep us posted and thanks for the pictures !
    09-15-14 12:50 PM
    the pics and posts were great, thx, nice to get feedback from the new world
    09-15-14 12:57 PM
    I won't be buying the passport since I prefer my Z30 but if someone litteraly gave it to me I would skip my Z30, and use the passport everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Not trying for say ungrateful here. Personally I would just love the battery life the highres screen and the keyboard.

I don't think it's a consumer device. It's not good for watching videos and I prefer 24 icons on my Z30. However if someone handed it to me that's another story - and I have even been accused of bashing the passport.
    The PPI almost doubles Z30 so viewing videos will be better.

the only issue like you said in a different comment is that its 1:1
    09-15-14 01:32 PM
    Hey ... let's not forget that the Passport is capable of running Candy Crush and taking selfies. This phone can serve multiple individuals.

I was curious about this as well. What are the orange symbols OP?
    I love juici patties, could you make juici patties for the Passport launch day the same size as the Passport?
    09-15-14 01:36 PM
    Absolutely correct. Coming from a Q10, i'm having difficulty to get accustomed to the width. I've been always used to being able to hold the phone with one hand but in the Passport case, it's quite hard to do so. It's wider than the Note! Here's a quick photo with both of them on top of each other:
    Attachment 297962
    Looks wise, I like Passport better than Note.
    09-15-14 01:50 PM
    tough but true, nowadays is not about functionality, is more about appearance first, functionality second. To me, it looks nice but I am all about functionality first. I am more interested in the classic though but if the Classic wasnt coming out, I would go for this one.
    09-15-14 02:29 PM
    Meh... I still think the form factor is something yet to be desired, but can't overlook how awesome it will be to be able to view documents and websites like they are on a proper monitor.
    09-15-14 02:45 PM
    Ooh. Two questions:

1. USB host?
    2. Which OS version is installed?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 03:03 PM
    I must disagree with you on the 'not good for watching videos' part. The screen is amazing over here and even the audio compared to previous BB handsets!
    See, that's part of the rationale for making it so wide.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    southlander likes this.
    09-15-14 03:09 PM
    OP, thanks for sharing your opinion and the photos. Could you tell me what the orange symbols are on the keyboard. I may have missed something but i thought the passport would not have numbers/symbols on its keyboard like the Q10 and older keyboard BB's.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    It's just the local language
    Case_K likes this.
    09-15-14 03:26 PM
    Sounds like the Classic is more up your alley. But, for me, the large, wide screen is just want I'm craving! I'm sick of narrow screen.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    09-15-14 03:34 PM
    Ooh. Two questions:

1. USB host?
    2. Which OS version is installed?

Posted via CB10
    Here you go:
    Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140915_203418.jpgFinally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140915_203505.jpg
    09-15-14 03:38 PM
    They laughed and you had nothing for them? Screw what everyone else thinks. Before they impose their opinion and picked on you, what did you think? People don't like ( are scared of) different.
    Well i had no reply because i didn't like it either at first! But i must say it is growing on me
    09-15-14 03:43 PM
    If I knew a replacement for the Z30 was coming out, I might get that instead. But otherwise, I'm thinking a Passport replaces my Z10.
    09-15-14 03:54 PM
318 12345 ...