I kinda like the keys to be as soft as possible, tu just makes type faster... I do have to try it first, not liking the idea of harder keys, I wouldn't mind even softer keys on my Q10
    I think you'll be swiping more with the Passport. When I switch to the Z30 I miss the physical keys on my Q and when on the Q I miss the swiping... Passport will be a great place to be!

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-24-14 07:17 PM
    Yes thanks for all the thoughts on the passport. These comments are one reason I decided to try the device. Hope to have mine in the next couple days.

Z30 on AT&T
    kareem_ruhi likes this.
    09-24-14 07:34 PM
    I will be getting my Passport tomorrow so I won't probably come back to this thread anymore, but thank you for answering all of our questions while we impatiently waited for the release of the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    An sure that's the case with everyone as it's officially out. I'm glad I could share my experience with CB community and keep you guys in the loop.

Cheers for now and ENJOY your Passports!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:24 AM
    I'm still here. Gotta wait a week thanks to Rogers...
    kareem_ruhi and D3C0D3R like this.
    09-25-14 03:06 AM
    This is a great thread to keep alive for people to post their Passport experiences. I can't wait to finally get my hands on the Passport. I'm grateful for this thread for solidifying my decision to retire my Note2 and welcome back Blackberry.
    kareem_ruhi, Naeg1995 and D3C0D3R like this.
    09-25-14 05:24 AM
    I got my Passport today! First time I saw it, it looked huge!! But now I've gotten used to it and my z10 screen looks tiny if I pick it up. I got used to the keyboard fine with no problems, it's amazing! I love all the gestures you can do on it

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:23 PM
    Passport Is like a new shiny pair of shoes.
    You love it the day you buy it.
    Then, the first day, you may feel uncomfortable and have some small wounds at critical places. Then, the leather gets loose and you can start to run to catch the train...
    See what I mean ?
    ( in case you don't this is about the keyboard lol)

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R and xBURK like this.
    09-25-14 06:16 PM
    I actually really liked the shape of the Passport when I tried it out! It was a change from the Z30 in terms of shape but it felt super solid and the quality of materials was stunning.
    I agree, the Passport is even better in your hand than in the photos. Very solid professional build, bright screen, and touch capacitive keyboard. Surfs Web well.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-25-14 06:28 PM
    Wow.. just.. wow, I recommend everyone whose on the edge to wait until they have a chance to play with it before they decide.. this device is amazing, the pictures for me didn't even show how large it actually is!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:30 AM
    Glad you all are enjoying your Passports now definitely the best in the market in terms of build and productivity

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-29-14 01:22 AM
    Just a feedback about the new keyboard.
    After 4 days of usage (please note this is a qwerty while I type usually on AZERTY, so it took me a little longer lol) I'm now familiar with the keys and my typing is almost as fast as with my Z30 (just have to populate my personal dictionaries, probably).
    But the most noticeable is how the keys now feel soft and sweet.

Passport is now my daily driver, no regret.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:48 PM
    Just a feedback about the new keyboard.
    After 4 days of usage (please note this is a qwerty while I type usually on AZERTY, so it took me a little longer lol) I'm now familiar with the keys and my typing is almost as fast as with my Z30 (just have to populate my personal dictionaries, probably).
    But the most noticeable is how the keys now feel soft and sweet.

Passport is now my daily driver, no regret.

Posted via CB10
    Do you reckon they got softer with use? The fact that the keys are stiffer than the Q10 is concerning me.
    09-29-14 04:50 PM
    Yes, I felt the same with Q10 though. I believe it is a conjonction of better accuracy (finger placement) and rodage (is that "break" ?).
    As much as I can tell, the "new pair of leather shoes" image is the best I can find.
    09-30-14 05:07 AM
    Bought mine and love it
    Thank you for this thread!

Former Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    09-30-14 11:05 AM
    Congrats on your new Passport. Today while looking for something else, I saw my real Canadian Passport and held it in one hand. One handed typing is awkward it would seem, but possible.
    09-30-14 12:56 PM
    I have the pleasure to got hands on a passport... I immediately felt the urge to buy that phone, it isn't too big at all and I think that what impress people is the screen real state wich is HUGE.

The phone has the right weight and I love it, I will buy as soon as is possible for my wallet :'(

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:04 PM
    When mine arrived I was blown back. But the feel and usability for me was just fantastic. I could understand this device isn't for everyone. I get fair one handed usage though. Now everything feels else small

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    10-09-14 07:55 PM
    Honest feedback is always good. And helps people on the fence about, what could be a risky decision. At least a relatively expensive one.

At least the resale will remain VERY high and profitable while there's still buzz and stock shortages.

My two cents is that the more I use the passport the more I really, really like it.

To be fair, I was looking forward to getting something that was a bit different. I thought I really wanted an all touch device and got the Z10 on launch day. Loved it! I loved it because I could still use it for work and do all the cool things that I saw other people doing, like watching movies and sharing pictures with people on a large beautiful screen. Something blackberry was seriously lacking at the time.

Then I did some craigslisting and got the Z30 softly after it came out and was even more impressed. I would still use it HAPPILY today, but not in place of the passport. I truly felt the z30 was what the z10 should have been. It actually surpassed my expectations as a phone.

I've come to this realizations when making my cost benefit analysis to get the passport or not.

Size does matter... the z30's big screen I pretty awesome for viewing content and sharing imagines with the people next to you. It also has all the Berry benefits like great speakers, second to few, amazing call quality, and the HUB.

But I made a leap of trust in a sense, and the rhetoric since only confirms my particular analysis...

The passport's screen is supposed to allow for reading documents better. To me, reading on a smart phone is kind of annoying and usually involves squinting at the screen. Anything that said it could make that better seemed like an obvious plus.

More over, to me, documents do not differ much from ANY OTHER kind of content you're viewing. Chat and text conversations and histories, twitter, any webpage, reddit, forums like this, you name it basically, are pretty much the same. Why wouldn't those be better as well?? Well they are.

That leaves the pictures... the display is a treat in quality if not anything else. Instagram and snapchat deal very much in square pictures. So that's actually made things easier.

Facebook isn't much different.

I got watching movies on my phone out of my system pretty quickly. I have a TV, computer and laptop that can all do that job better AND cheaper than even an iPhone.

I use my phone to communicate with my friends ( business communications aside) and that means TYPING - can't get around that.

The physical touch keyboard is second to none on the market now that I know it's tricks. That covers 90% of my uses. More like 99%.

I chose to take a rush and grab the passport. And I'm glad I did. I'd say the price is fair in comparison to other top tier devices, which I think are over priced anyways. So I broke even in that department.

The size is different. But all that amounts to is that is doesn't look like all the other phones. My trade of is, I'd rather have the real estate of my screen in the new passport fashion than constantly flipping my phone around trying to find the best way to deal with what's on my screen.

It's a phone, it changes orientation constantly, and I'm glad I don't have to treat it like a sippy cup for get my typing and viewing done.

It fits my pocket great, my hands quite well and my needs almost perfectly.

Though like sports cars and other fashionable things... the passport is a bit like a pickup truck or rally car or F1 racer as compared to your standard looking muscle car or sports coup.

That said... I expect that a more squarish form factor is going to be the norm moving forward. I can see being able to do much more with it than your typical, quite narrow smart phones.

I wouldn't be surprised if an all touch passport came out with a virtual keyboard but exactly the same size came out and actually do quite well.

Until then. I'm happy to have my screen locked to upright, sac some screen space for being able to type better and not watch HD movies on a 4-inch screen (even thought I still could quite happily).

It's amazing what a few millimeters will do.

Passport || Fido
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-09-14 09:25 PM
318 ... 111213