Is there any chance if you can check if pacemaker (dj app) is available to download as I know it's not available on the Q10! I love it on my Z30 and wonder if the screen estate will be ideal for the passport!

It would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Not there buddy but am sure it'll be available sometime soon...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:58 PM
    I need to stop reading this thread!

I was so happy with my z30, but the screen looks amazing on this. And I like that it has wifi ac, I find I don't use the hdmi cable as much since I picked up my maracast adapter, and the wifi ac should make streaming much better.

OP, do you feel you were quickly able to adjust to the keyboard? I have been using touch screen for about a year now, didn't like leaving the keyboard at first but now I'm comfortable. However, this wouldn't be like going back to a normal qwerty phone.

Posted via CB10
    Trust me u will. After u use the phone and see how smooth everything is along with amazing battery life, u'll force urself to adapt to the size and keyboard in a split of a second

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R and Thunderbuck like this.
    09-23-14 03:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for letting me know bro! I appreciate it!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:08 PM
    I need to stop reading this thread until I can get my own Passport on the 25th! I'm getting too excited

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-23-14 04:48 PM
    I need to stop reading this thread until I can get my own Passport on the 25th! I'm getting too excited

Posted via CB10
    Same here! I just nerded out to my teammates at work about how excited I am and they all were literally shocked that BlackBerry has an all-touchscreen phone (this is the first time they realized my Z10 is a BB) and had no clue that the Passport even existed. :sigh:

Doesn't matter, though, cuz they know it exists now and they'll see it for themselves once I get my hands on one! Woot! ;-)

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    09-23-14 04:56 PM
    Illuminated Keyboard!! I must have missed a few photo leaks. Oh man, I think I'm getting this Passport.

I'm just worried about pocketablility. How easily does it slide in and out of your trouser pockets?

I've been thinking I should start looking for a chest holster like TV detectives carry for my passport gear.
    I could lift up one side of my jacket as if to show off my BlackBerry badge.
    I could have it stick out of my chest pocket instead of a pocket square.
    Maybe I should finally start carrying a holster. If it was encased in a thick OtterBox, I could be "packing a Passport" if I wore a large cowboy holster.

I'm on the fence about taking the $0 Z30 sale or getting the passport but the wait for the next all-touch and the high-end specs plus my present trial of BB7 OS on a Torch 9810 is drawing me towards this true-to-blackberry-form keyboard device....

I'll stop talking now....

They should use the illuminated Keyboard for excitement at Launch Day Event!! Maybe an INTRO.
    09-23-14 05:15 PM
    Does it bend to adapt to you leg/pocket like the new iphone?

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-23-14 05:49 PM
    Ha! Good one...speaking of iPhone and build quality, many people have made the comment that the built-in battery in the Passport is a deal-breaker. Well, for one, at 3450mAh it should last through a full day of use (19 hours + 8 hours stand by is what's advertised). I think this is a big selling point of the phone, and swapping batteries is a thing of the past -- use a portable recharger now (with usb port so it can double as a charger for other things). I mean if your'e going to pack an extra battery around just pack a rechargeable charger battery pack. It will probably take a year for the battery life to degrade even under heavy use, and keep in mind this isn't an impossible-tp-open BendiPhone -- the pics show a few torx screws under the back panel - I bet you will be able to pop that back cover off and replace the so-called 'non-replaceable' battery with one you ordered off of Amazon really quick.
    09-24-14 12:20 AM
    Does it bend to adapt to you leg/pocket like the new iphone?

seems like u hv not seen what happened after this bend? it ends up with a crack on the screen
    hv seen this video where a guy bend iphone 6 plus n note 3
    iphone 6 plus bend more but at a cost of cracked screen whereas note 3 besides of its plastic body was really hard to bend and just bend lil bit without any damage to the device
    09-24-14 01:15 AM
    lol . regarding the iphone 6 - 'bendability' is not a feature, 'fragility' instead is a defect!

The previous comment by Ken was made in humor - Just an FYI

back to this, Kareem, just a kick-*** thread! The wait is almost over, hopefully we won't bother you too much after!

Much thanks for all the Q&A (mine included).
    kareem_ruhi likes this.
    09-24-14 02:39 AM
    I will try it on my own hands then decide whether to buy or not. I'm not emotional lol but thanks for your sharing experience.

Posted via My Z10
    kareem_ruhi likes this.
    09-24-14 02:55 AM

The previous comment by Ken was made in humor - Just an FYI

Duh, yah, what he said .....

Elsewhere there are iPhone disassemble pics/vids, it seems to have no superstructure. Compare with my Z10 which is layered over a central metal plate

09-24-14 07:00 AM
    I will try it on my own hands then decide whether to buy or not. I'm not emotional lol but thanks for your sharing experience

Posted via My Z10
    Pretty sure Apple stores won't be allowing bens tests before you buy.

But you know people will try. This could be really bad. Imagine all demo models with bends at all iStores!!

09-24-14 07:04 AM
    From the Maddona era she and I learned that bad publicity is good publicity and usually free, if you know how to use it, it gives you an advantage. Same with the Passport, if people dislike it, is because they notice it and you can get into a conversation, it doesn't have to be about the Passport, but can start the conversation. Use it, and take advantage of its "weirdness" to talk to other people. It actually may make you new friends. For example, someone may come to you and say, hey that phone is ugly, or weird, and you may just respond, hey let's have a drink for that, at least the person came to you or talked to you, which otherwise may not. Then talk about other things both have in common just as anybody else.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154 on AT&T
    09-24-14 07:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Will be getting this device as soon as possible, I just hope there won't be any double typing issues , so with that being said how sturdy does the keyboard feel? The Q10 was great to me, but I ended up getting the double typing problem twice in the time I owned it and the only fix was replace the keyboard.
    09-24-14 08:36 AM
    Will be getting this device as soon as possible, I just hope there won't be any double typing issues , so with that being said how sturdy does the keyboard feel? The Q10 was great to me, but I ended up getting the double typing problem twice in the time I owned it and the only fix was replace the keyboard.
    Its a more sturdy i would say. I've had the same experience as you with the Q10. But haven't had it with the Passport so far.
    09-24-14 08:46 AM
    Well, now I have a passport in my hands.
    Let's get it straight : it's a gorgeous device ans "so BlackBerry " that I never had a bad perception.
    Using it for an hour now and already raving it.
    As a fast and biased comparison I'd say the ip is a Mazda mx5 (cool car, but way to small for me) while the Passport is a S class mercedes ...

Tastes and colors !

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD and Naeg1995 like this.
    09-24-14 01:02 PM
    Its a more sturdy i would say. I've had the same experience as you with the Q10. But haven't had it with the Passport so far.
    I've read a review where it states that the passsport keys seem a bit harder to press than the Q10. Can you confirm that?
    09-24-14 01:03 PM
    Well, now I have a passport in my hands.
    Let's get it straight : it's a gorgeous device ans "so BlackBerry " that I never had a bad perception.
    Using it for an hour now and already raving it.
    As a fast and biased comparison I'd say the ip is a Mazda mx5 (cool car, but way to small for me) while the Passport is a S class mercedes ...

Tastes and colors !

Posted via CB10
    can you comment on how softer or harder the are compared to Q10?
    09-24-14 01:04 PM
    Played with one extensively today here in London UK at Selfridges. Tempted to buy one but not for 530 uk pounds tho, so will wait a few weeks or mths till it drops which it probably will do.

My first impressions of the passport is that it's a very wide phone, thin but wide so definitely a 2 handed phone to use. Nothing new for me as I use 2 hands on my z30 so I can adapt.

Screen is super sharp, glad they went with LCD rather than amoled. Camera is pretty damn decent too, took a pic with my z30 and the passport...passport blew it away.

The keyboard is a strange one, again takes time to adapt but I loved the track pad capabilities of it ie swipe up, side to side and swipe down. But I found swiping up to insert a word, I kept putting in either a comma, full stop or exclamation mark lol. Guess I was swiping too far up so was hitting the virtual keyboard. But as I said it takes time to get used to so for me that wasn't enough to stop me from wanting one.

10.3 is really nice altho the icons are flatter now but I think it looks better than what we have right now.

All in all I really liked the phone. But I just wish it was a bit lower priced but I'll wait a few weeks or mths and see what sort of price they will go for.

It's definitely a phone that isn't going to suit everyone, it's not aimed at the mass market but I saw quite a few iPhone and Android toting people in the lineup to buy one. So that's a good sign.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R, Naeg1995 and Steelsheen like this.
    09-24-14 01:05 PM
    I've read a review where it states that the passsport keys seem a bit harder to press than the Q10. Can you confirm that?
    Yeah it is a little bit but not sth that would annoy you

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-24-14 02:20 PM
    Tiqit and OQO failed, Passport is the real deal and it is just the beginning of this form factor. Wait and see....

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:28 PM
    Yeah it is a little bit but not sth that would annoy you

Posted via CB10
    I kinda like the keys to be as soft as possible, tu just makes type faster... I do have to try it first, not liking the idea of harder keys, I wouldn't mind even softer keys on my Q10
    09-24-14 05:17 PM
    Been with blackberry since the Bold 9780 then went to the Q10.. today I went to see the Passport at a Telus store and I just can't buy it... it's too wide.. I am one of the only teen's (i'm 18 years old) who still loves very much Blackberry, but this one is not one that I like..
    (also the fact that I will certainly get laughed at with that phone doesn't help much..)
    I also understood when I saw it that it is a device extremely focused for a certain market.. and I think I am not part of that market..
    So I'll keep my good Q10 untill Blackberry releases something less enormous...
    (not digging the Classic.. in my opinion the "tool belt" won't be of any use for me)

So yeah that is my take as someone who went to see the Passport in person...

Hope those who got it really love it!!!

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    09-24-14 06:25 PM
    I will be getting my Passport tomorrow so I won't probably come back to this thread anymore, but thank you for answering all of our questions while we impatiently waited for the release of the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 07:06 PM
318 ... 10111213