Not sure if this was ever mentioned before, is the max open apps number raised from 8?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 08:01 AM
    OP, how do you find the space bar on the keyboard? Is it too small?
    09-22-14 08:18 AM
    OP, how do you find the space bar on the keyboard? Is it too small?
    Not at all. Everything is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 01:30 PM
    Not sure if this was ever mentioned before, is the max open apps number raised from 8?

Posted via CB10
    Still 8

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 01:37 PM
    Kareem,
    Thanks for all your feedback. How are you finding the speaker volume in comparison to previous devices?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 01:43 PM
    Kareem u didn't answer my question about the led indicator...is it the same as the z10 or z30?? and is it as bright??

Thanks bud.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 02:06 PM
    Kareem,
    Thanks for all your feedback. How are you finding the speaker volume in comparison to previous devices?

Posted via CB10
    You need to hold the device and have exactly In the middle which is a bit annoying at first as the device is wide. Volume wise, I would say its equivalent to previous; nth special and good enough.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:06 PM
    Kareem u didn't answer my question about the led indicator...is it the same as the z10 or z30?? and is it as bright??

Thanks bud.

Posted via CB10
    Its more than the Q10, I dont remember the Z10 and not sure about the Z30. Sorry buddy

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:19 PM
    You need to hold the device and have exactly In the middle which is a bit annoying at first as the device is wide. Volume wise, I would say its equivalent to previous; nth special and good enough.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the quick reply, however I was referring to having calls on speakerphone

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 03:38 PM
    Still 8

Posted via CB10
    So what, 6 on the first screen and 2 on the second screen???

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 05:15 PM
    Its more than the Q10, I dont remember the Z10 and not sure about the Z30. Sorry buddy

Posted via CB10
    Ok thanks bud for replying. If u say it's more than the Q10 then I imagine it will be similar to the z30 I have now.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 05:30 PM
    Many thanks for doing this Q and A!

I find myself using Waze and Soundcloud while driving, both android ports. On a long drive with navigation going, i find that it does lag the phone, and audio actually skips quite often. Also the phone can become unresponsive at times.

I've tried using google maps and songza as alternatives and find that android app performance although significantly better than before with 10.3 on my Q10, it still has issues running heavy navigation apps + audio streaming at the same time. Can you please run a combination of navi (google maps / waze) and audio (sound cloud, songza) and see if you get any slow downs, unresponsive GUI, audio skipping issues?

I'm hoping that the leaked build i'm running is just out of date and that improvements have been made, as well as the sheer processing power will make alleviate these issues.
    09-23-14 12:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    4 get squeezed on the bottom right and the rest around them:

Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140923_092052.png

Posted via CB10
    Naeg1995 and Steelsheen like this.
    09-23-14 12:24 AM
    Thanks kareem! Can you please tell how fast the phone is! Like a comparison with any top phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 12:31 AM
    Thanks kareem! Can you please tell how fast the phone is! Like a comparison with any top phone?

Posted via CB10
    Define top phone? I don't believe comparing a BlackBerry to iPhone or android phones would be a fair comparison as its a different OS with totally different internal operation but this is the fastest BlackBerry with no lags whatsoever till moment. The device is super fast.

One thing i've done yesterday is comparing an android app launch (same app ofcourse) between the Passport and the latest LG .. Guess what? Passport won!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 12:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, 4 large and 4 small.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 01:32 AM
    Define top phone? I don't believe comparing a BlackBerry to iPhone or android phones would be a fair comparison as its a different OS with totally different internal operation but this is the fastest BlackBerry with no lags whatsoever till moment. The device is super fast.

One thing i've done yesterday is comparing an android app launch (same app ofcourse) between the Passport and the latest LG .. Guess what? Passport won!

Posted via CB10
    WOW! That's something!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 01:41 AM
    Many thanks for doing this Q and A!

I find myself using Waze and Soundcloud while driving, both android ports. On a long drive with navigation going, i find that it does lag the phone, and audio actually skips quite often. Also the phone can become unresponsive at times.

I've tried using google maps and songza as alternatives and find that android app performance although significantly better than before with 10.3 on my Q10, it still has issues running heavy navigation apps + audio streaming at the same time. Can you please run a combination of navi (google maps / waze) and audio (sound cloud, songza) and see if you get any slow downs, unresponsive GUI, audio skipping issues?

I'm hoping that the leaked build i'm running is just out of date and that improvements have been made, as well as the sheer processing power will make alleviate these issues.
    I do have google maps and soundcloud but never ran them together.. i'll do it while driving and get back to u when I do. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nice! Is there an upcoming video of this?

Posted via CB10
    kneebite likes this.
    09-23-14 03:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Would love to see this in video so I can show some Android hard-core fan people here that BlackBerry is running Android better than Android!
    09-23-14 03:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's nice... One thing the bugged me was the extra time BB10 took to open android apps compared to android, in BB10 we stared at a black screen for a bit

How do you feel about the phone today? I mean, do you feel like keeping it? or do you like it, but still not sure about the form-factor?
    09-23-14 08:26 AM
    That's nice... One thing the bugged me was the extra time BB10 took to open android apps compared to android, in BB10 we stared at a black screen for a bit

How do you feel about the phone today? I mean, do you feel like keeping it? or do you like it, but still not sure about the form-factor?
    Passport doesn't come under the 'like' category, i'd put it under a 'wow'. This phone is the best in the market for whatever purpose you wana use it for.

As for the lag in android apps, its not there anymore.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-23-14 10:47 AM
    I need to stop reading this thread!

I was so happy with my z30, but the screen looks amazing on this. And I like that it has wifi ac, I find I don't use the hdmi cable as much since I picked up my maracast adapter, and the wifi ac should make streaming much better.

OP, do you feel you were quickly able to adjust to the keyboard? I have been using touch screen for about a year now, didn't like leaving the keyboard at first but now I'm comfortable. However, this wouldn't be like going back to a normal qwerty phone.

Posted via CB10
    itzJustMeh and D3C0D3R like this.
    09-23-14 10:59 AM
    kareem_ruhi your awesome responses make sad knowing I won't be getting one. Still excited though
    sam_tek likes this.
    09-23-14 11:02 AM
    Is there any chance if you can check if pacemaker (dj app) is available to download as I know it's not available on the Q10! I love it on my Z30 and wonder if the screen estate will be ideal for the passport!

It would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 01:15 PM
318 ... 910111213