Hey, I am thinking of picking up the passport at launch, can I get an overall update on how you are liking it so far, also, any update on how the battery life is?
    09-20-14 10:39 AM
    Google maps has worked very well since 10.2. The only thing you can't do is sign in.

I've compared performance against a friend's S4 and it's indiscernible

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    Lol no just no, I have a s3 and Google maps is faster on that than my side loaded gmaps on my z30. I'm running 10.2.1.3247 os. My brother has an s4 and gmaps is much much faster than again on my z30.

If gmaps was native to BlackBerry 10 then I could agree but I find it stupidly sluggish but I only use it in emergencies when BlackBerry maps is having a difficult time finding an address. But on the whole BlackBerry maps is pretty decent, it's not the best but I like it.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    09-20-14 11:04 AM
    Lol no just no, I have a s3 and Google maps is faster on that than my side loaded gmaps on my z30. I'm running 10.2.1.3247 os. My brother has an s4 and gmaps is much much faster than again on my z30.

If gmaps was native to BlackBerry 10 then I could agree but I find it stupidly sluggish but I only use it in emergencies when BlackBerry maps is having a difficult time finding an address. But on the whole BlackBerry maps is pretty decent, it's not the best but I like it.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but it's true.

We did it side by side. Complete with the compass mode.

Anecdotal of course, but was definitely true in our case.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    09-20-14 11:51 AM
    I guess I just don't care what other people think lol. I remember getting a negative reaction for practically every BlackBerry device I've owned. But it doesn't matter to me what others think of my phone. Heck if it did BlackBerry would be the last handset I would consider buying if I really gave a **** what people thought. I buy BlackBerry because of how useful it is to me. NO other phone/os is as useful as BB10 is (and older bbs were) imo.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 02:13 PM
    Hi Kareem, thanks for your Q&A session

I have a question concerning the screen. How is the color reproduction specifically for the whites in comparison to a Z10 or a Q10? Compared to other smartphones?

For example, when my friend and I bought our Z10's his had a warmer colored screen while mine had a cooler one, which I prefer. Basically, one phones' whites would have a more yellowish look to it, which I despise. You probably won't be able to tell a difference unless compared side by side to another phone.
    Would this answer your question:

Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140921_020800.png

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 05:09 PM
    Hey, I am thinking of picking up the passport at launch, can I get an overall update on how you are liking it so far, also, any update on how the battery life is?
    After 4 days, it is the real deal. Battery life is amazing, u can check the thread for more snapshots.. After 16 hours of low to moderate usage today, am at 46% now

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 05:13 PM
    AOA kareem
    its really a great thread where everyone is getting gd unbiased response
    im just wondering if u can post some camera sample specially in low light conditions?
    jackielio likes this.
    09-21-14 12:20 AM
    Kareem just a quick question if you don't mind, what's the led indicator like?? Is it small or quite large ie like on the z10 and z30?? I like the size of the led on the z30 so am hoping it's as bright and as big.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 08:46 AM
    Interesting to read the psychology of owning a premium phone these days. These devices become such a reflection of our identity, and hence the initial feelings of insecurity.

However, psychology is prone to massive shifts as public perception changes and branding takes hold.

That's how bell bottoms and hammer pants became the rage in their day.

I do think they need to burn some cash on advertising this time around.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-21-14 01:49 PM

I have a question concerning the screen. How is the color reproduction specifically for the whites in comparison to a Z10 or a Q10? Compared to other smartphones?

For example, when my friend and I bought our Z10's his had a warmer colored screen while mine had a cooler one, which I prefer. Basically, one phones' whites would have a more yellowish look to it, which I despise. You probably won't be able to tell a difference unless compared side by side to another phone.
    Their is a slider on the z series devices to alter the yellow and blue tones in you whites.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:51 PM
    when i first saw the passport, i was like wtf what is this hilarious phone, too wide blah blah....a couple of days later...well i will be straightforward i am saving $$ for it, i find the sexiest phone out there at the moment. I dont know why and how i changed my mind...cant explain it.....well done OP for the great thread!
    09-21-14 02:14 PM
    Their is a slider on the z series devices to alter the yellow and blue tones in you whites.

Posted via CB10
    I'm aware of that, but despite trying to adjust both one remains more "cool" than the other!

I feel while the color saturation and white balance do help, the real difference is the screen and which manufacturer is being used.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:43 PM
    More pics please. Thanks for this wonderful thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 03:32 PM
    Thanks for the great thread. Can you please do a video of the features please, please pretty please and a couple more pretty pleases thrown in for good luck ;-)

P.s it will get so many views you will be a crackberry forum star, would you not agree guys and gals?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 04:24 PM
    Interesting to read the psychology of owning a premium phone these days. These devices become such a reflection of our identity, and hence the initial feelings of insecurity.

However, psychology is prone to massive shifts as public perception changes and branding takes hold.

That's how bell bottoms and hammer pants became the rage in their day.

I do think they need to burn some cash on advertising this time around.

Posted via CB10
    So true...
    I'm never sure about owning a passport, but I like to be different, and the fact that the passport is so different from everybody's phone, makes me want one
    piquepoc likes this.
    09-21-14 05:16 PM

Did you try adjusting the color temperature of your screen in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 05:22 PM
    So true...
    I'm never sure about owning a passport, but I like to be different, and the fact that the passport is so different from everybody's phone, makes me want one
    Yep I feel the same. The screen, the keys and the originality are the three things making me want it.

Still waiting for more feedback on android app rendering though before I make a decision.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-21-14 06:45 PM
    Yep I feel the same. The screen, the keys and the originality are the three things making me want it.

Still waiting for more feedback on android app rendering though before I make a decision.

Posted via CB10
    When you happen to drop your phone on the table, liking it or not, I'm sure your "guests" won't feel indifferent to your phone, it will be eye catching for it's "weirdness"... Pretty or Ugly it will be good brand awareness, to let people know that blackberry still exists unlike most people still think
    09-21-14 07:08 PM
    Thanks Kareem for all of the responses so far. 24 can't come fast enough!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 08:47 PM
    How are the people in your office now? Has it grown on them? Have they been educated?
    09-21-14 09:38 PM
    How are the people in your office now? Has it grown on them? Have they been educated?
    It did grow on some of them but don't really care as it grew massively on myself.

A quick intro to some close ones made 3/4 of them (iPhoners) consider buying it as soon as its out! Worth mentioning that they were ex BlackBerry users but switched during the annoying 'rotating clock' era.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    09-22-14 01:07 AM
    I'm aware of that, but despite trying to adjust both one remains more "cool" than the other!

I feel while the color saturation and white balance do help, the real difference is the screen and which manufacturer is being used.

Posted via CB10
    Same model numbers? Or is one of them STL100-1?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 01:16 AM
    Could you post how the instagram picture actually looks when viewing it so we have an idea of how much gets cut off. Also have you tried snapchat on the passport?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    chiccor1 likes this.
    09-22-14 01:18 AM
    It did grow on some of them but don't really care as it grew massively on myself.

A quick intro to some close ones made 3/4 of them (iPhoners) consider buying it as soon as its out! Worth mentioning that they were ex BlackBerry users but switched during the annoying 'rotating clock' era.

Posted via CB10
    That's what BlackBerry wants I believe...people who loved BlackBerry to come back...realising that a new dawn has arrived. Fingers crossed...

I don't expect Iphone fans to switch to BlackBerry...but yeah some of Android guys I think would consider moving. Android has become boring for professionals.
    09-22-14 01:29 AM
    Could you post how the instagram picture actually looks when viewing it so we have an idea of how much gets cut off. Also have you tried snapchat on the passport?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    He posted that somewhere in this thread already. Seems like they could have made it thinner a bit. Looks wide n can't see full picture kinda
    09-22-14 02:31 AM
318 ... 89101112 ...