Thanks for the info Kareem. Just a few questions:

1. How does the Passport feel in your trouser pocket? Getting it in and out, sitting, standing, bending...; Is it too tight?
    2. How do games play on it? I imagine the extra width night affect swiping the game screen if it is centered with black bars on either side?
    3. Does it have FM radio?
    09-18-14 08:03 PM

1. How does the Passport feel in your trouser pocket? Getting it in and out, sitting, standing, bending...; Is it too tight?
    2. How do games play on it? I imagine the extra width night affect swiping the game screen if it is centered with black bars on either side?
    I can't answer your first two questions and I too would like to hear the answers, but I can answer the third and say yes, from all of the spec sheets I've seen and the gsmarena listing, it does!

I've always gotten the few BlackBerry's that don't have FM radio (all through the bold's, the Torch, the Z10), assuming it does, maybe I'll finally have one!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    09-18-14 11:39 PM
    Running up against IP6 launch was not the best planning but it is what it is. It will be hard for BB to get media space over the next 6 weeks as IP will dominate, as they do so expertly leading up to a release. The first 2-3 mos PB sales will be definitive as what coverage exists will fixate on sales. Corporate adoption will take time.
    Disagree tbh. It's Sep 19th and the dust around Apple's big party is already settling. Monday will be the last day of big Apple news as they report the numbers of their initial sales weekend and then it's done. Two days after that when everybody has their brains back the Passport will be officially unveiled. There's literally no better day to do it. There will be no "but the next iPhone is coming" for the next 8 months. Apple's latest iteration is out and known, poeple are no longer distracted or focused on rumor hype and anticipation and can calmly evaluate what's on the menu.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 01:06 AM
    Disagree tbh. It's Sep 19th and the dust around Apple's big party is already settling. Monday will be the last day of big Apple news as they report the numbers of their initial sales weekend and then it's done. Two days after that when everybody has their brains back the Passport will be officially unveiled. There's literally no better day to do it. There will be no "but the next iPhone is coming" for the next 8 months. Apple's latest iteration is out and known, poeple are no longer distracted or focused on rumor hype and anticipation and can calmly evaluate what's on the menu.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 01:10 AM
    Hey Kareem! Love the thread. And you've been very generous in your replies to questions.
    I have a couple of mine. Would be sweet to get some answers:

I currently have the Q10, but miss the following:

1. Trackpad (esp for cursor navigation)
    2. The ability to cut, copy and paste using physical keyboard shortcuts
    3. End & call buttons with the combination of the trackpad to quickly scroll and select a contact in the list and call for example
    4. Big screen (as i had androids in the past and I loved the real estate). I hope with such a high resolution for the passport, browsing should be heavenly! Please give your thoughts on this if you can.
    5. And decent app support.

Some of the above are clearly being addressed. (5, 4 & 1 - this, I believe after seeing the czech video has been implemented in the most spectacular fashion!! ).

Now point 3 can obviously not be achieved even if you could scroll through the contact list ( can you confirm if you can scroll through using the trackpad anyway?) as it doesn't have a dedicated call key.

I don't know how much of physical keyboard lover you are and accessed the cut, copy and paste of BB OS 7, but could you elaborate on this? Is it as easy as it was for the legacy devices?

Any other feedback on the above points will be much appreciated.

The perfect device for "me" would've been passport which could address 2 & 3 also. I am aware that the upcoming classic addresses those while compromising on others that I value more.

sorry if i sound like such a nit-pick, but I just love the productivity of the old BB keyboard and I am doing a bit of gadget dreaming. All-in-all, passport has come closest as my dream assistant! ) Can not wait for the launch!!

Also, I don't know if it's doable seeing how it's a beta product with codes and all, but if you could play around with the cursor, cut copy paste, scrolling through contacts and all the trackpad + cursor features in a hands-on video, that will be dynamite!
    Last edited by sam_tek; 09-19-14 at 08:45 AM.
    09-19-14 07:47 AM

1. Not as bad as you think. It sometimes gets kinda stuck on the way out of the pocket but again as everything else: you'll get used to it or basically you'll find 'the way out' faster.
    2. I don't play games so unfortunately can't help you on this one.
    3. Yes it does.
    09-19-14 12:44 PM
    Hey Kareem! Love the thread. And you've been very generous in your replies to questions.
    I have a couple of mine. Would be sweet to get some answers:

I currently have the Q10, but miss the following:

1. Trackpad (esp for cursor navigation)
    2. The ability to cut, copy and paste using physical keyboard shortcuts
    3. End & call buttons with the combination of the trackpad to quickly scroll and select a contact in the list and call for example
    4. Big screen (as i had androids in the past and I loved the real estate). I hope with such a high resolution for the passport, browsing should be heavenly! Please give your thoughts on this if you can.
    5. And decent app support.

Some of the above are clearly being addressed. (5, 4 & 1 - this, I believe after seeing the czech video has been implemented in the most spectacular fashion!! ).

Now point 3 can obviously not be achieved even if you could scroll through the contact list ( can you confirm if you can scroll through using the trackpad anyway?) as it doesn't have a dedicated call key.

I don't know how much of physical keyboard lover you are and accessed the cut, copy and paste of BB OS 7, but could you elaborate on this? Is it as easy as it was for the legacy devices?

Any other feedback on the above points will be much appreciated.

The perfect device for "me" would've been passport which could address 2 & 3 also. I am aware that the upcoming classic addresses those while compromising on others that I value more.

sorry if i sound like such a nit-pick, but I just love the productivity of the old BB keyboard and I am doing a bit of gadget dreaming. All-in-all, passport has come closest as my dream assistant! ) Can not wait for the launch!!

Also, I don't know if it's doable seeing how it's a beta product with codes and all, but if you could play around with the cursor, cut copy paste, scrolling through contacts and all the trackpad + cursor features in a hands-on video, that will be dynamite!
    You got a lot of points out there man. I would summarize the whole thing by saying: "Don't worry much, Passport is what you need" but i doubt you'll settle for this statement so here you go:

1. As you know, you already got the keyboard now working as a trackpad which is way easier when you're navigating compared to actually touching the screen (it does make a difference).
    2. Since you don't have a full keyboard in the Passport - i don't think you'll be able to do so even with upcoming updates BUT at least when you want to edit a statement now, you can double click on the keyboard and a bubble appears where you can go left and right (through the keyboard "trackpad") and edit it - which is also way easier than the previous bubble where you had to hold it and move around.
    3. With 10.3 + the keyboard trackpad (yes it does work on Contacts + Last Calls menus), i believe you won't miss the physical buttons back in the old era.
    4. The screen is orgasmic when you do anything on your Passport. Period.
    5. As i've mentione earlier, Android apps are running much smoother over here so you can actually enjoy them much more than the Q10.

I'd love to shoot a video of how things are working but i'm really not having the time to do so.

Hope your points have been addressed.

To cut the story short for you though - personally coming from the Q10, i don't miss it (incase you're thinking of that).
    09-19-14 12:58 PM
    4. The screen is orgasmic when you do anything on your Passport. Period.
    Oh Brilliant!!!

Gee, thanks for the quick turnaround with the reply. And I gotta say, you've turned out to be a great ambassador to the passport while staying credible and honest throughout the thread.

I'm Sold!!

Great read man! thanks much! TC
    09-19-14 02:15 PM
    I am really sold, excited and whatever you may want to add to it. Words alone cannot describe what I am feeling for the passport. I am seriously thinking of buying this one. If I have to order it online from Manila or Jakarta... I will order it... hope it comes soon to India...

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari and Steelsheen like this.
    09-19-14 04:36 PM
    I thought I had already made up my mind about getting the classic, but the answer to sam_tek questions is making me second guess myself.
    09-19-14 05:27 PM
    Kareem,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the passport thus far.

I have a small request. If you have a Z30, can you place it length wise below the passport to compare the landscape keyboard vs passport?

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 06:12 PM
    I use to say the same thing about the Z30 (coming from Z10). But after getting use to the Z30- playing with the Z10 seems so small (i know it is weird). But thank you for sharing your experiencing with us. I cannot wait until it becomes available in the US.
    Same here...

Posted via CB10 from the AWESOME Z30; because I know!
    09-19-14 06:18 PM
    is that a HK receiver under that big screen? Love the illuminated volume knob.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:33 PM
    Hey Kareem,

Have you tried swiping down on the keyboard while typing?

How do you find the flick typing (swiping up on the kb under the predictions)?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:35 PM
    is that a HK receiver under that big screen? Love the illuminated volume knob.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 01:26 AM
    Hey Kareem,

Have you tried swiping down on the keyboard while typing?

How do you find the flick typing (swiping up on the kb under the predictions)?

Posted via CB10
    Am not into predictions while typing but i'll share with you these screenshots:

That's how it looks when you want to compose an email for example:

Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140920_102934.png

That's what appears when you swipe down on the keyboard (if you swipe down again, the rest of symbols will appear)

Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140920_102855.png

Posted via CB10
    sam_tek, Steelsheen and BroncoVAL like this.
    09-20-14 01:34 AM
    This thread is awesome. Started off a little rocky but you seem to be in a good place now. Your answers are unbiased and proper. Thank you
    09-20-14 02:48 AM
    Am not into predictions while typing but i'll share with you these screenshots:

That's how it looks when you want to compose an email for example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140920_102934.png 
Views:	1365 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	299002

That's what appears when you swipe down on the keyboard (if you swipe down again, the rest of symbols will appear)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140920_102855.png 
Views:	1368 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	299003

Posted via CB10
    Quick question...
    That second picture brings on screen a full virtual keyboard. At same time, I notice that ALPHABETS are shown greyed out. Does that mean each of those symbols are mapped to physical keys...and hence I can still use physical pad??? Would be awesome if your answer is Yes...but customizable
    Steelsheen likes this.
    09-20-14 02:48 AM
    Hi Kareem , thanks for your genuine feedback. I am a Z30 user . I will definitely buy this beast the moment it is launched in Dubai .
    09-20-14 03:25 AM
    Quick question...
    That second picture brings on screen a full virtual keyboard. At same time, I notice that ALPHABETS are shown greyed out. Does that mean each of those symbols are mapped to physical keys...and hence I can still use physical pad??? Would be awesome if your answer is Yes...but customizable
    You got it, it is a YES.. You can insert these characters, launch the bubble and move around to edit, scroll up and down WITHOUT touching the screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 04:36 AM
    Hi Kareem, thanks for your Q&A session

I have a question concerning the screen. How is the color reproduction specifically for the whites in comparison to a Z10 or a Q10? Compared to other smartphones?

For example, when my friend and I bought our Z10's his had a warmer colored screen while mine had a cooler one, which I prefer. Basically, one phones' whites would have a more yellowish look to it, which I despise. You probably won't be able to tell a difference unless compared side by side to another phone.
    09-20-14 04:38 AM
    I don't doubt that one bit...that's actaully not that hard to accomplish lol. I just hope it can be relied on.

Maybe someone can provide us with a reference.. like "pics are on par with the HTC One" or "pics looks just like those taken with my etc etc..."

Rockin the Q
    Actually beating the HTC One in terms of camera isn't too hard of a mission to accomplish. Compare it with stuff like the Lumia Icon or 930, maybe some newer Sonys and of course the new iPhone and Samsung (Galaxy and Note) cameras is a different task.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-20-14 05:22 AM
    This is by far my favorite passport thread. Thank you for everything OP!!

Posted via CB10
    kareem_ruhi likes this.
    09-20-14 05:42 AM
    BlackBery Limited may have to consider a (horizontal or vertical) slider (sliding keyboard) to fit Passport in a slim pocket, I suppose.
    09-20-14 10:14 AM
    Okay... okay... after seeing the battery stats on pg. 7 of this thread, I am SERIOUSLY considering the Passport.... holy moley!!!

OP, is it possible to use Google apps on this device? Like Google Drive and/or Google Maps??
    Google maps has worked very well since 10.2. The only thing you can't do is sign in.

I've compared performance against a friend's S4 and it's indiscernible

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    09-20-14 10:37 AM
318 ... 7891011 ...