I think it will be dead on arrival product. the touch screen is very wide and keyboard height is small.

Passport: means no need to turn screen in landscape at all. but it come at a cost of wasted space above and below the pics and videos.

5 inch is the most decent size for majority of people around the world.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah because everyone in the world only watches 16:9 pics and video all day. Lol.

Btw concerning size 4.5" 1:1 exactly equals 5" 16:9.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by --TommesJay--; 09-16-14 at 11:56 AM.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-16-14 11:43 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone asked yet, but as a developer i'd like to know. How do apps (10.2) which were not fixed for Passport behave? Are they bad looking or is it ok?
    09-16-14 11:45 AM
    Kareem thx for all this information.
    Just one question from my part:
    Is there any option to create shortcuts?
    G.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:50 AM
    Yep thx big time to the OP from meas well!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:57 AM
    JuiciPatties... Jamaica? I love those!!! The best ever--cheese patties!!
    Haha ... yes, that JuiciPatties. Best patties in Jamaica. Every time I am there, I must go. Are you vegetarian? I don't go for the veggie patties or the cheese patties. It is the beef patties that I love. And I love the Meat Loaf as well. Hmm ... maybe we need a forum section just for Juici Patties.
    09-16-14 12:26 PM
    I love juici patties, could you make juici patties for the Passport launch day the same size as the Passport?
    Haha ... yeah, would love if we could have that on launch day, but unfortunately Jamaica is not scheduled in the launch festivities

Always nice to see people recognize the Juici Patties reference. Although I do see them take a little of a beating on twitter every now and then. But on the whole, I still think it is the best in Jamaica.

Oh ... and to ensure we stay on topic, the Juici Beef Patty is the equivalent to the Passport for smartphones. Simply the BEST!!!
    09-16-14 12:30 PM
    1. No
    2. Yes
    3. No
    Kareem, press and hold spacebar to jump to homescreen as well as minimize app without touching the screen

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 12:35 PM
    My last paragraph is really telling though. BB is being relegated to something of a Edsel. What will keep Blackberry afloat is to sell phones. In order to sell these phones, people (en masse) will have to purchase them. If Blackberry doesn't do a good enough job of marketing this phone, the company itself is shooting itself in the foot.

Departments and governments also by phones because it's what their people want. Hardly enough people want the Blackberry phones to keep this company viable. Lack of vision, market feedback and slow to market is what is killing this company.

I love my Z10, I really do. When compared to friends and family with iPhones and Samsungs, to them I look foolish carrying around a relic. Security aside, the competition "WILL" catch up. Will BB be around then is the question. I predict that within the next 4 years as technology moves ahead, someone will make more secure phones and then what?

Go BB!
    09-16-14 01:27 PM
    Edit: I seem to have lost the post I was quoting so ignore this
    (can't delete on mobile CB10 yet)

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-16-14 01:32 PM
    I'm actually trying to convince myself more by taking good photos, it's a quick glimpse for the CB community as well!
    OP are you that fickle minded? SHM. There is nothing wrong if you don't like the Passport but it is rather pitiful if you put up a post or review without doing thorough assessment.

I can tell you that I can't wait to get this beautiful and productive beast called the Passport based on all the unbiased descriptions I have read thus far.
    09-16-14 02:00 PM
    The reason why the device is so wide is to accommodate for reading documents. I mean i get that you dont like the width and it might look weird or ugly for you, but i feel like you were not the target audience for this device

I noted in another thread that the target for it seems to be the people I see on the train to downtown Toronto. Folks heading to the financial district on bay street, who answer a lot of emails and looks at a lot of documents with graphs - and wear glasses.

It isn't for me either. I'd probably go classic or Z50 myself if I decide to stay on BlackBerry
    09-16-14 03:23 PM
    I love my Z10, I really do. When compared to friends and family with iPhones and Samsungs, to them I look foolish carrying around a relic.
    How is it a relic? I work in high tech company where people tend to upgrade every other iPhone or Galaxy. My Z10 is roughly equivalent in terms of capabilities (OS and hardware) to the devices I see in the office. It browses as well, works as well on a touch screen, has a processor as quick, a screen as bright and with as much PPI. The screen is smaller than some of the Samsung and Lumias but most people don't like screens that large here.

The biggest issue is "do you have ___ app"? Get asked this a lot. The perceived "relic-ness" comes from the name on the phone vs. the phone itself and what it is capable of.
    09-16-14 03:26 PM
    SpongeBob SquarePant. Cool factor coming. Just saying.
    Oooooo. Sponge bob transform case, we'll make millions

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-16-14 03:39 PM
    The way I see the BlackBerry passport is kind of like the note series. If you're going to make a wide fone for double handed use, might as well go all out. I think it would be a success.

Posted via BlackBerry Z3
    Steelsheen likes this.
    09-16-14 03:42 PM
    I am looking forward to sporting a BlackBerry Passport on a NYC subway in a sea of all the others; be it, pounding out emails, listening to music or doing what I do currently on my Z10. I wouldn't have a single care about the shape or size, just enjoying the BlackBerry experience
    light_barer and D3C0D3R like this.
    09-16-14 05:49 PM
    I picked up my Canadian Passport and realized it's not that outrageous at all. Try it, you may want it even bigger.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-16-14 10:49 PM
    I hope the camera is better....I don't want to rely on my secondary device for those any longer

Rockin the Q
    09-16-14 11:59 PM
    I hope the camera is better....I don't want to rely on my secondary device for those any longer

Rockin the Q
    Look at the specs or just ask away here and he'll likely show you some of the ones he can take!
    It's amazing quality and it beats out all of my actual cameras now!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-17-14 12:13 AM

Rockin the Q
    Hands down better than any BlackBerry camera beforehand. Guaranteed.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-17-14 12:26 AM
    Look at the specs or just ask away here and he'll likely show you some of the ones he can take!
    It's amazing quality and it beats out all of my actual cameras now!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    Hmmmmm well I do have a question..For the OP. Is your typing slower, faster, or just about the same compared to the Q10?

Also, a screenshot of a drafted text message would be A+! Emojis? Dark theme?

Bless your heart Sir

Rockin the Q
    09-17-14 12:30 AM
    Hands down better than any BlackBerry camera beforehand. Guaranteed.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    I don't doubt that one bit...that's actaully not that hard to accomplish lol. I just hope it can be relied on.

Maybe someone can provide us with a reference.. like "pics are on par with the HTC One" or "pics looks just like those taken with my etc etc..."

Rockin the Q
    09-17-14 12:35 AM
    Yeah because everyone in the world only watches 16:9 pics and video all day. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    89% of mobile user thrown away BlackBerry already. I think they do use it more for social use than business.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 12:52 AM
    89% of mobile user thrown away BlackBerry already. I think they do use it more for social use than business.

Posted via CB10
    Even if: social media isn't video.

But just to pick on that video topic once again: literally nobody I know personally uses his/her phone to watch serious video (read: tv shows/movies), but just watches short clips on YT or WhatsApp that have been shared. These are videos of 3 minutes duration max and here's the deal: most people don't even bother with rotating the phone, they just watch it in portrait.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 01:06 AM
    Posted via CB10
    THAT is a very interesting observation, and one I hope BlackBerry's marketing team (and reviews) pick up on.

Of course it's a bit of a spin on figures and won't give a 'bigger' image for apps which force a 16:9 aspect on the screen etc, but where apps offer up a 1:1 image aspect ratio, it will make a great viewing experience.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1
    09-17-14 02:32 AM
    Attachment 298165

This looks pretty awkward. Top corner pokes into the scalp. Bottom corner digs into the thumb. The hand is held in a stretched position. The center of gravity way way up high and the entire phone is held by three fingers. I don't think a half an hour of that would be very comfortable.

Perhaps it can be held in a different way, however, I don't think you can use a passport as a guide because the phone is a lot thicker and heavier than a passport.
    Last edited by early2bed; 09-17-14 at 03:17 AM.
    09-17-14 02:59 AM
318 ... 45678 ...