Were you able to connect it to a bigger screen via Slimport to hdmi adapter or via miracast? Thanks.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    Connected through Miracast to my Samsung Smart TV and watched a very smooth youtube clip. Here's a quick photo of the mirrored screen:
    Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140915_235636.jpg
    09-15-14 03:54 PM
    Connected through Miracast to my Samsung Smart TV and watched a very smooth youtube clip. Here's a quick photo of the mirrored screen:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140915_235636.jpg 
Views:	2587 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	298077
    When you play a youtube video does it fill the whole tv screen or just the 1:1 ratio as projected on the screen in your image?
    09-15-14 04:07 PM
    Same as on a Q10, it can do both. Depends the way you set the display of the miracast... Don't worry, it works ok with a Q10, it must be twice better on Passport

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 04:18 PM
    When you play a youtube video does it fill the whole tv screen or just the 1:1 ratio as projected on the screen in your image?
    It gives you the 1:1 by default where the screen will be duplicated (ms delay as you can see in the below image):
    Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140916_011607.jpg

But if you click on the full screen "play" button, the mobile goes into a black screen and you can only control the video which will be in full screen view (check the below image):
    Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140916_011619.jpg
    09-15-14 04:23 PM
    Ooh very nice

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 04:44 PM
    cool device, what about battery life? i would like to know about it
    09-15-14 04:50 PM
    It gives you the 1:1 by default where the screen will be duplicated (ms delay as you can see in the below image):

Name:	IMG_20140916_011607.jpg 
Views:	2142 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	298078

But if you click on the full screen "play" button, the mobile goes into a black screen and you can only control the video which will be in full screen view (check the below image):

Name:	IMG_20140916_011619.jpg 
Views:	2135 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	298079
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!
    09-15-14 04:59 PM
    Illuminated Keyboard!! I must have missed a few photo leaks. Oh man, I think I'm getting this Passport.

I'm just worried about pocketablility. How easily does it slide in and out of your trouser pockets?

I've been thinking I should start looking for a chest holster like TV detectives carry for my passport gear.
    I could lift up one side of my jacket as if to show off my BlackBerry badge.
    I could have it stick out of my chest pocket instead of a pocket square.
    Maybe I should finally start carrying a holster. If it was encased in a thick OtterBox, I could be "packing a Passport" if I wore a large cowboy holster.

I'm on the fence about taking the $0 Z30 sale or getting the passport but the wait for the next all-touch and the high-end specs plus my present trial of BB7 OS on a Torch 9810 is drawing me towards this true-to-blackberry-form keyboard device....

I'll stop talking now....
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 09-15-14 at 05:22 PM.
    09-15-14 05:04 PM
    09-15-14 06:41 PM
    I actually really liked the shape of the Passport when I tried it out! It was a change from the Z30 in terms of shape but it felt super solid and the quality of materials was stunning.
    09-15-14 06:50 PM
    I think the OP's initial reaction is going to be fairly typical. The Passport looks goofy to people who have developed a very specific idea of what a smartphone is supposed to look like. Not only is it oddly-shaped it has--gasp!--a KEYBOARD! What new phone in 2014 has a freakin' KEYBOARD?! Really?

That's what I love about this design, though. It's disruptive. And it isn't weird just for the sake of being weird, there's some intent to this design.

I look forward to being an early adopter. I look forward to having strangers see my phone and exclaim "what the hell is that?!", at which point I'll demonstrate to them why BlackBerry is not only still around, but that they're doing cool, innovative things. Not everybody will get that, and I'm okay with it. The Passport won't be for everyone.
    09-15-14 07:02 PM
    It's not a phone anymore. It's a PC smartphone. So it's actually the right size. But as a phone? No way, it's too big.

Posted via CB10
    lift and neoberry99 like this.
    09-15-14 08:13 PM
    Don't worry , we all are so used to the normal phone shapes (cause there aren't much phone makers who dare to go out of the box) that the most of us will have/ had a setback for a moment when it first appeared.
    Will take some time to get used to BUT there is a big chanse that when you get used to it , you will look at the current device models/shapes and think : Why the hell do al those phones look 'kind off the same'.

it is extra ordenairy and only because of this it will get a lot of attention.
    If all the attention turns out negative or positive will depend on how the users/blackberry/press deal with the possibilities of the device itself

Think different or make people think different, we are not ment to be sheeps and follow the usual stuff
    Agreed! I remember the first time I saw a SG Note I laughed so hard saying they look like right dorks making a call from a tablet, but hey even iPhone's are 5.5" now with some other phones up to 6.4" out there as well, so lets see how it goes!

Again, a spongebob shaped phone is a bit odd, but as long as it packs a punch and it delivers well for business users who are the main target, then I guess its function over form....it's all good!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-15-14 08:23 PM
    Thx for your post OP everything you said is what I was hoping to hear. It's official....I'm getting it!

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-15-14 08:27 PM
    lol.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-15-14 08:33 PM
    I think the OP's initial reaction is going to be fairly typical. The Passport looks goofy to people who have developed a very specific idea of what a smartphone is supposed to look like. Not only is it oddly-shaped it has--gasp!--a KEYBOARD! What new phone in 2014 has a freakin' KEYBOARD?! Really?

That's what I love about this design, though. It's disruptive. And it isn't weird just for the sake of being weird, there's some intent to this design.

I look forward to being an early adopter. I look forward to having strangers see my phone and exclaim "what the hell is that?!", at which point I'll demonstrate to them why BlackBerry is not only still around, but that they're doing cool, innovative things. Not everybody will get that, and I'm okay with it. The Passport won't be for everyone.
    Im agreed with you, but personally i was one of the one�s who laughted of initially samsung�s note owners and look how far that "goofy" device has reached. Is a matter of time for the passport to be a game changing, I WANT ONE!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-15-14 09:23 PM
    Agreed! I remember the first time I saw a SG Note I laughed so hard saying they look like right dorks making a call from a tablet, but hey even iPhone's are 5.5" now with some other phones up to 6.4" out there as well, so lets see how it goes!

Again, a spongebob shaped phone is a bit odd, but as long as it packs a punch and it delivers well for business users who are the main target, then I guess its function over form....it's all good!
    "SpongeBob shaped Phone" LOLx1000000000
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-15-14 09:24 PM
    Im agreed with you, but personally i was one of the one�s who laughted of initially samsung�s note owners and look how far that "goofy" device has reached. Is a matter of time for the passport to be a game changing, I WANT ONE!
    The sad reality we must prepare for, is the possibility that even if it is a game changer, the form factor will probably be popularized by some android company - I hope this won't be the case, but you never know.

Because I pessimistically feel that had BlackBerry been the first guys to release the Note, it would've failed.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-15-14 10:19 PM
    The sad reality we must prepare for, is the possibility that even if it is a game changer, the form factor will probably be popularized by some android company - I hope this won't be the case, but you never know.

Because I pessimistically feel that had BlackBerry been the first guys to release the Note, it would've failed.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    That's true, like what is happening now with the NFC payments invented by apple, may be marketing is the most important factor this time? The device is innovative, has superb specs, functionality is top of the line and BB10 is a mature OS, what can harm it success?

Best wallpaper channel: C002103C3 Wall Paper Wednesday
    09-15-14 10:26 PM
    Absolutely amazing looks, let's hope just as good in functionality.
    09-15-14 11:39 PM
    Hey O.P. Above all, I appreciate your honest observations. Refreshing.
    This kind of reminds me of when I received my Z10. Not the size factor, but rather getting used to the Hub. I remember writing a thread on my disappointment one hour after trying BB10 out. A few days later, I wrote a retraction to all my comments. In the end, I just needed some time and couple of setting changes. After that, nothing could stand up to BB10's messaging. Still, first impressions are important.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 09-16-14 at 12:46 AM.
    09-16-14 12:33 AM
    "SpongeBob shaped Phone" LOLx1000000000
    So we need a yellow one variant, with an underwear shaped keypad protector.
    Steelsheen and garrett1972 like this.
    09-16-14 01:05 AM
    SpongeBob SquarePant. Cool factor coming. Just saying.
    09-16-14 01:30 AM
    As much as i'm trying to convince myself, it's just too odd in the hand..
    I hope a miracle happens and they release a less wide handset in the official launch!
    BlackBery Limited may have to consider a (horizontal or vertical) slider (sliding keyboard) to fit Passport in a slim pocket, I suppose.
    09-16-14 02:01 AM
    Could you post some low light shots please?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    09-16-14 02:18 AM
318 ... 23456 ...