I must edit my post and add that whatever you read after this paragraph was more of a 'factor-form' shock which i'm getting accustomed to; run through the full thread and you'll see how this Passport can grow on you.

I was really anxious to see it physically as i had mixed emotions about it through the images (i think most of you do as well).

I've been waiting to get my hands on it for the past 2 weeks but, unfortunately, as soon as my friend gave it to me, my reaction was: "Listen, you can keep it". I actually ended up taking it just for the sake of trouble he's been into to bring me one.

Honestly speaking, i don't know how high were the designers.. I don't know if it will actually grow on me in terms of size, i have no idea how some people used to say that it's a 'sexy' design; it might be, but not in this size - its TOO wide. Couldn't they just make it a bit less wider? Or do you have to stick to the square screen when having a keyboard?

I brought it into the office this morning and showed it to few of my colleagues, the reaction was so negative.. At least when you buy a new phone, you expect people to take it and play around with it not laugh at you? It's not that i want to 'show off' but it should bring a positive vibe at least?

I've been a BB user since the Pearl era and i was really looking forward to this model as finally we have a large screen WITH a physical keyboard (which is one of the major things i'm still loyal to Blackberry).. Thought i'll be replacing my Q10 in a month but i'm really frustrated. As much as i'm trying to convince myself, it's just too odd in the hand..

Nonetheless, the device performance is indeed marvelous and the camera is excellent as well. If you're worried about the weird keyboard, don't worry, i got used to it after 10 minutes - it's not a big deal. But the size, i simply couldn't....

I hope a miracle happens and they release a less wide handset in the official launch!

Cheers from a loyal Blackberry user (i wonder till when..)
    Last edited by kareem_ruhi; 09-15-14 at 04:27 PM.
    09-15-14 12:53 AM
    Screw the appearance, how is the productivity with the device?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 12:55 AM
    I don't particularly dig the shape or style of it either and much prefer the looks of the classic but hey....beauty is only skin deep and to each his/her own

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    andy957 likes this.
    09-15-14 01:00 AM
    Interesting take, I guess each to their own.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-15-14 01:04 AM
    Screw the appearance, how is the productivity with the device?

Posted via CB10
    If you don't care about the appearance, go for it.. no doubt!

I'm a high tech person who doesn't only look at the shape but trust me when i saw it, i had a set back..

It's just my honest opinion about it - as i said, it might grow on me but not till moment..
    wehttam, ami.one and Karben like this.
    09-15-14 01:11 AM
    If you don't care about the appearance, go for it.. no doubt!

I'm a high tech person who doesn't only look at the shape but trust me when i saw it, i had a set back..

It's just my honest opinion about it - as i said, it might grow on me but not till moment..
    Is it a final product or still the beta, not for resale?

09-15-14 01:30 AM
    Don't worry , we all are so used to the normal phone shapes (cause there aren't much phone makers who dare to go out of the box) that the most of us will have/ had a setback for a moment when it first appeared.
    Will take some time to get used to BUT there is a big chanse that when you get used to it , you will look at the current device models/shapes and think : Why the hell do al those phones look 'kind off the same'.

it is extra ordenairy and only because of this it will get a lot of attention.
    If all the attention turns out negative or positive will depend on how the users/blackberry/press deal with the possibilities of the device itself

Think different or make people think different, we are not ment to be sheeps and follow the usual stuff
    09-15-14 01:38 AM
    Agreed @ruben

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 and RubenDM like this.
    09-15-14 01:44 AM
    The reason why the device is so wide is to accommodate for reading documents. I mean i get that you dont like the width and it might look weird or ugly for you, but i feel like you were not the target audience for this device. This device is not built for consumers first, its a powerhouse enterprise machine. It's built for people who want to have all day battery life, be able to read hundreds of emails and documents, plus handle everything else smartphones do now. Im not saying your wrong because everyone has their opinions, i respect that, but you should have done more research before accepting this device. It could have saved you from problems.
    09-15-14 01:50 AM
    Is it a final product or still the beta, not for resale?

It's the Beta which is tagged at 'Not For Sale'. So if that's good in terms of the performance, i'm sure the official will be better with some updates and bug fixes
    09-15-14 01:55 AM
    Don't worry , we all are so used to the normal phone shapes (cause there aren't much phone makers who dare to go out of the box) that the most of us will have/ had a setback for a moment when it first appeared.
    Will take some time to get used to BUT there is a big chanse that when you get used to it , you will look at the current device models/shapes and think : Why the hell do al those phones look 'kind off the same'.

it is extra ordenairy and only because of this it will get a lot of attention.
    If all the attention turns out negative or positive will depend on how the users/blackberry/press deal with the possibilities of the device itself

Think different or make people think different, we are not ment to be sheeps and follow the usual stuff
    You do have a point as it's out of the norm. As I've mentioned, it's just a first impression but the more i'm playing around with it, the performance and productivity is somehow start to wipe away the size feeling.
    09-15-14 01:57 AM
    The reason why the device is so wide is to accommodate for reading documents. I mean i get that you dont like the width and it might look weird or ugly for you, but i feel like you were not the target audience for this device. This device is not built for consumers first, its a powerhouse enterprise machine. It's built for people who want to have all day battery life, be able to read hundreds of emails and documents, plus handle everything else smartphones do now. Im not saying your wrong because everyone has their opinions, i respect that, but you should have done more research before accepting this device. It could have saved you from problems.
    My feedback might have been a bit shallow and out of frustration which lead you to this conclusion. I've actually done my research and was expecting the product i saw in terms of performance, battery life.. etc (might have been in a denial phase though for the size until it was in my hand). I'm a person who actually need the big screen for viewing drawings plus reading emails and it's something that I've always wanted BB to showcase - happy to see it out but i feel the design could've been better somehow. It's always a matter of letting the eye get used to it i guess, just like cars - the first impression is always bad and once you keep seeing on the roads, you want to go and buy it.

As i've replied to @RubenDM, the more i'm playing around with it, the more i'm getting used to it.. I know myself, i'll end up buying it eventually as i'm really impressed with the performance "so far".
    09-15-14 02:08 AM
    Thanks Kareem for sharing your experience so far .
    kareem_ruhi likes this.
    09-15-14 02:29 AM
    Were you able to connect it to a bigger screen via Slimport to hdmi adapter or via miracast? Thanks.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    09-15-14 02:39 AM
    Oooh man, can't wait. Personally I don't care if my buddies laugh. I helped 5 iPhone users load BBM this weekend. ALL were more than impressed seeing my year and a half old Z10 and it's "HUB"... Yes, I had the last laugh here...

CrackBerry Genius on Verizon Z10 on 10.3.0.1154
    09-15-14 02:40 AM
    It's a power house...the device. You could compare it only to the Note 4 maybe.

Looks... I believe, will grow. Few liked the Note initially...but you can see that it has its own market. BB PP will have its on market I believe and will not be a direct competitor to Iphone/Galaxy... like the Note.
    09-15-14 02:51 AM
    Were you able to connect it to a bigger screen via Slimport to hdmi adapter or via miracast? Thanks.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    Haven't tried to be honest.. I'll let you if i do
    09-15-14 02:54 AM
    It's a power house...the device. You could compare it only to the Note 4 maybe.

Looks... I believe, will grow. Few liked the Note initially...but you can see that it has its own market. BB PP will have its on market I believe and will not be a direct competitor to Iphone/Galaxy... like the Note.
    Absolutely correct. Coming from a Q10, i'm having difficulty to get accustomed to the width. I've been always used to being able to hold the phone with one hand but in the Passport case, it's quite hard to do so. It's wider than the Note! Here's a quick photo with both of them on top of each other:
    Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140915_120238.jpg
    09-15-14 03:08 AM
    I know you guys have seen a lot of photos recently, thought of sharing some fresh ones:

Finally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140915_114211.jpgFinally got my hands on BlackBerry Passport BUT...-img_20140915_114229-edited.jpg

To be honest, i think i withdraw some of my previous words... I'm starting to fall in love..
    09-15-14 03:16 AM
    Which note version is that? Also, with the keyboard can you use gestures like swiping into the hub?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 03:16 AM
    It looks so good! Can you post more pics, and maybe videos?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    09-15-14 03:17 AM
    Which note version is that? Also, with the keyboard can you use gestures like swiping into the hub?

Posted via CB10
    It's Note 3.

You can use the gestures (scrolling) in the hub itself but you can't actually swipe from home screen into the hub.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    09-15-14 03:30 AM
    OP, on your photos Passport looks exceptionally good! The built-quality, great materials and overall sexiness just shine through. ))))))
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-15-14 03:34 AM
    I'm skipping this device too. I might go for a Note 4 this year to pair with my Q10. Hoping to have a 8mm thin Q10 successor in the future. And a 8mm thin, 5.x" 1080p screen Z30 successor.
    hantudurian and andy957 like this.
    09-15-14 03:39 AM
    OP, on your photos Passport looks exceptionally good! The built-quality, great materials and overall sexiness just shine through. ))))))
    I'm actually trying to convince myself more by taking good photos, it's a quick glimpse for the CB community as well!
    jgill072 and IndianTiwari like this.
    09-15-14 03:42 AM
318 123 ...