Mine is already in Richmond BC!
    10-16-14 10:04 AM
    Just got mine

Finally! Digital River Shipping Confirmation just Received!-img_20141016_111749.jpg

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-16-14 10:18 AM
    Canada getting orders first before US ordered from US site? If that's what everyone is saying, pretty messed up. Assuming orders were placed in order.

Posted via CB10
    It could be because they separate them by country and the batch for Canada have arrived. And the states ones are coming after. In any case shipping out so fast is a good sign hopefully.
    10-16-14 10:32 AM
    It could be because they separate them by country and the batch for Canada have arrived. And the states ones are coming after. In any case shipping out so fast is a good sign hopefully.
    If they fill orders, and CA residents get them only, despite time of time of order and US has to wait for next batch, that don't fly. Not saying that's the case either, but.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:50 AM
    according to the tracking mine is supposed to be here (Victoria BC) before 5pm PDT today... it was picked up at 9:53pm in Indiana.
    10-16-14 10:54 AM
    If they fill orders, and CA residents get them only, despite time of time of order and US has to wait for next batch, that don't fly. Not saying that's the case either, but.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't seem to make much sense.. Is it because Canadiens paid more? Or that they are the "home team" ? Not bashing just wondering.. Can't wait for mine to show!
    10-16-14 11:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    I understand your point but is it possible there are slight differences in the devices/packaging? As an example, Canada requires English AND French labelling. The Passports boxes have to reflect that. Last time I looked, the US doesn't require French labelling. That would explain different batches for different countries. And would explain the shipping process. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry favouring one country's customers over another.

As for it not flying, well none of us here know Blackberry's fulfillment procedures or relative sales figures/back orders per country or region. No point in getting one's shorts in a knot over some hypothetical slight. Take solace in some orders moving and order fulfillment happening.

Posted via CB10
    boilerkim and bungaboy like this.
    10-16-14 11:04 AM
    I understand your point but is it possible there are slight differences in the devices/packaging? As an example, Canada requires English AND French labelling. The Passports boxes have to reflect that. Last time I looked, the US doesn't require French labelling. That would explain different batches for different countries. And would explain the shipping process. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry favouring one country's customers over another.

As for it not flying, well none of us here know Blackberry's fulfillment procedures or relative sales figures/back orders per country or region. No point in getting one's shorts in a knot over some hypothetical slight. Take solace in some orders moving and order fulfillment happening.

Posted via CB10
    The unlocked Passport comes with manual and warranty info in like 6 different languages.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 11:05 AM
    The funny thing about this is that the orders are being sent from the U.S. Ironic..
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    10-16-14 11:08 AM
    Do the US orders also come from the Illinois depot? They may come from another depot because of the customs issue shipping to Canada.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 11:23 AM
    The unlocked Passport comes with manual and warranty info in like 6 different languages.

Posted via CB10
    It's not the instructions. It's the writing on the spine of the box. It has to be both official Canadian languages. That packaging is likely done in Mexico where the Passports are assembled.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-16-14 11:45 AM
    Alan your explanation actually dies make sense.. Hope we in the us start getting ours soon..
    10-16-14 11:52 AM
    The funny thing about this is that the orders are being sent from the U.S. Ironic..
    I too see the irony but it's all about large scale logistics. Digital River plays the role of an order and fulfillment centre. That means it gets bulk shipments and re-distributes them to the customers. It makes economic sense to have a central distribution warehouse where products that are manufactured/assembled outside of the US/Canada can be sent. For example, my Passport was assembled in Mexico. I would think that's where all of them for North America at least are being put together.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-16-14 11:54 AM
    Alan your explanation actually dies make sense.. Hope we in the us start getting ours soon..
    The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. And it would be nice to see AT&T get in the game. Folks are missing out.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-16-14 11:57 AM
    I ordered (#9315196635) my non-vip from Canadian site on October 3rd around lunchtime. My Passport is supposed to be here by 5pm today, it's sitting in Richmond (Vancouver) right now. Yayy! Happy!

Finally! Digital River Shipping Confirmation just Received!-clipboard01.jpg
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-16-14 12:05 PM
    The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. And it would be nice to see AT&T get in the game. Folks are missing out.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed but I would not hold my breath for AT&T. Kinda why it's more important to get it in the hands of people in u.s. Who have few options but really want a passport without paying a massive markup from third party suppliers..
    AnimalPak200 and bungaboy like this.
    10-16-14 12:06 PM
    I too see the irony but it's all about large scale logistics. Digital River plays the role of an order and fulfillment centre. That means it gets bulk shipments and re-distributes them to the customers. It makes economic sense to have a central distribution warehouse where products that are manufactured/assembled outside of the US/Canada can be sent. For example, my Passport was assembled in Mexico. I would think that's where all of them for North America at least are being put together.

Posted via CB10
    I understand the logistics, just saying if they are already here in the u.s. Drop one in Colorado
    10-16-14 12:08 PM
    It's not the instructions. It's the writing on the spine of the box. It has to be both official Canadian languages. That packaging is likely done in Mexico where the Passports are assembled.

Posted via CB10
    Bought from Amazon in the US

Finally! Digital River Shipping Confirmation just Received!-20141016130919.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-16-14 12:10 PM
    Wait, my order number is 9331837035. I still haven't received a shipping confirmation and my order is still listed as "boxed shipment". Are they skipping numbers?

Argh!!
    10-16-14 12:10 PM
    Wait, my order number is 9331837035. I still haven't received a shipping confirmation and my order is still listed as "boxed shipment". Are they skipping numbers?

Argh!!
    Skipping numbers don't think so, just skipping u.s. Orders it seems.. Hopefully we will see soon..
    10-16-14 12:13 PM
    you are probably a US order, correct? seems like they got a batch of Canada Passports... Still awaiting the US side - you dont want the canadian passports anyway (they are all defective) so dont worry, ours are coming soon

ps, before somebody gets offended, i am obviously joking...
    10-16-14 12:14 PM
    Correct, US order and I won't ever use PayPal on this site again. I'll have paid for it for 3 1/2 weeks before it arrives.

I'm trying hard to be patient!!
    10-16-14 12:20 PM
    I understand that there may or probably are different versions going to Canada vs U.S. The concern I have is that if that is the case then how are people who ordered from shop blackberry us. Getting them shipped to Canada before the U.S. ones. Wouldn't the U.S. shop blackberry have the u.s. Version ?
    10-16-14 12:22 PM
    I think even if you ordered it from the US site, because it is going to Canada it is still considered a Canadian device that needs be shipped. Its anyone's guess, the latest email did say they would be shipped in the FIFO sequence so at this point we have to just take their word.

As I stated in other thread, good news is they already started shipping so hopefully people won't have to wait until the 29th.
    10-16-14 12:28 PM
    I understand that there may or probably are different versions going to Canada vs U.S. The concern I have is that if that is the case then how are people who ordered from shop blackberry us. Getting them shipped to Canada before the U.S. ones. Wouldn't the U.S. shop blackberry have the u.s. Version ?
    They are not different at all. Why do people keep saying this? I posted a picture of my US bought Passport's box. Clearly marked for sale in either country.

Posted via CB10
    blkitr likes this.
    10-16-14 12:31 PM
291 ... 45678 ...