Final blow ?? No.

I have a phone that can make and receive calls, send and receive texts and send and receive emails.

On top of that I have the HUB - a single place i can see and action all of the above.

World domination is just a flick or pinch away.

BBRY 10 - 99.8% of the phone using population don't know what their missing
    03-02-16 02:23 AM
    Final blow ?? No.

I have a phone that can make and receive calls, send and receive texts and send and receive emails.

On top of that I have the HUB - a single place i can see and action all of the above.

World domination is just a flick or pinch away.

BBRY 10 - 99.8% of the phone using population don't know what their missing
    What they're missing

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-02-16 04:00 AM
    What they're missing

BB10 also has really good predictive text and I should have posted the above using the passport
    03-02-16 05:13 AM
    Android phones are still being sold with jelly bean.

Posted via CB10
    Old surplus phones that have been discontinued for years? Or brand new phones? Kitt-Kat is a much more hardware friendly OS, if you are building low end devices.... there just is no reason for manufactures to use pre Android 4.3.

While I do expect that there are a lot of users out there running pre Kitt-Kat (about 30% of the Android market)..... who are they and where are they? A worldwide developer like FaceBook isn't going to exclude that "market". But a developer making an industry specific app only for the North American market... He might chose to offer his app to only higher level devices, as the features and hardware of those devices will work better with his app. Plus as a developer, he KNOWS just how many pre Android 4.3 users he currently has.

There have been a number of post about "niche" apps not supporting JB already. But I don't expect that will be the case with the mainstream apps for a while.
    03-02-16 07:52 AM
    You won't have to until 2017.

They probably need to tweak the compatibility flags on Amazon. Others have said it's there. No matter, you can download it directly from the developer.
    Like this one?

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    03-02-16 08:16 AM
    There are going to be a lot of returns of new BB10 hardware as people take their smartphones home, install WhatsApp and get some kind of popup warning that it will not be supported in the future. I think the "You are a startup" guy on the Leap commercial definitely would use WhatsApp here and there for some contacts. Imagine being in business with someone from another country and having to tell them that you don't have WhatsApp on your smartphone and they will have to email or pay for international SMS or install BBM to message you.
    03-02-16 09:15 AM
    There are going to be a lot of returns of new BB10 hardware as people take their smartphones home, install WhatsApp and get some kind of popup warning that it will not be supported in the future. I think the "You are a startup" guy on the Leap commercial definitely would use WhatsApp here and there for some contacts. Imagine being in business with someone from another country and having to tell them that you don't have WhatsApp on your smartphone and they will have to email or pay for international SMS or install BBM to message you.
    Beside the fact that there isn't much of a userbase to save in the first place, I would hope the "warning" would be modified to read "this version is being discontinued, please obtain the " latest" (Android) version from our website".
    03-02-16 09:20 AM
    Nah, to me WhatsApp is a no-go for business.

I have several 100 business contacts, no one ever offered me WhatsApp and it would give me a very bad impression.
    First of all, I am very reluctant to upload other people's data to any 3rd party with whom I don't have any stringent privacy agreement, to a server outside of my country, and on top WhatsApp uses (or used?) very bad TLS encryption.

WhatsApp is a great messenger, when all your friends are using it anyway, go for it, but I don't consider it for business.
    On the other hand, I think the same about facebook, but a lots of companies are active on facebook...
    elfabio80 and Bluenoser63 like this.
    03-02-16 09:29 AM
    I too agree WhatsApp is not necessarily a business app and for that reason I don't use it. But it does make you wonder if more developing companies will follow suit...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 10:09 AM
    Guys this is simple, to stay in the market whatsapp need to innovate. They can't innovate as they intend inside a secure operating system, the things they want to do on the grounds that the nerd herd want it is diametrically opposed to the controlled security functionality that BB10 provides. If you want a wide open bloat ware environment go to another OS. Me, I'm here for the efficiency and security of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 04:42 PM
    They can't innovate as they intend inside a secure operating system, things they want to do on the grounds that the nerd herd want it is diametrically opposed to the controlled security functionality that BB10 provides.

Posted via CB10
    Please provide details.
    03-02-16 04:47 PM
    I too agree WhatsApp is not necessarily a business app and for that reason I don't use it. But it does make you wonder if more developing companies will follow suit...

Posted via CB10
    From day one not many did follow suit...?
    WhatsApp is the only messaging app that I use the days of BBM have long gone and passed away... RIP
    Functionality wise BBM is superior but WhatsApp is the crowd pleaser and puller ...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 07:16 PM
    Plenty of people seem to be having success running the app android side with the runtime. So all long As there is support for that up to 4.3 it should still work. Not the optimal solution but it is an option. Would be Awesome if BBM could just incorporate the protocol and allow inter message between the two but unlikely that will ever happen.
    03-03-16 11:48 AM
    I cant seem to find Whatsapp in the amazon store! Anyone here successfully downloaded it?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 06:20 PM
    I cant seem to find Whatsapp in the amazon store! Anyone here successfully downloaded it?

Posted via CB10
    Just get it directly from the WhatsApp website.
    03-03-16 06:40 PM
    Sorry, I read the title and assumed this was a story about a retiring prostitute. I'm leaving now.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Attached Thumbnails Final blow?-21b.jpg  
    03-04-16 03:56 AM
    Guys this is simple, to stay in the market whatsapp need to innovate. They can't innovate as they intend inside a secure operating system, the things they want to do on the grounds that the nerd herd want it is diametrically opposed to the controlled security functionality that BB10 provides. If you want a wide open bloat ware environment go to another OS. Me, I'm here for the efficiency and security of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Going by that logic, might as well switch to the iPhone. They have a fully functional WhatsApp AND it's also FBI-proof.

*C5303
    03-04-16 04:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    They will and BB10 is going to die but what the heck I'm going to keep on using the most productive and secure OS on the market until it does - so let's accept and just move on using the best phones with the best OS while we can :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 06:44 AM
    Yes. Call me silly, but I use WhatsApp a lot. It's huge here and all my friends use it, I'm not about to make them use BBM or SMS just for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 06:46 AM
    Yes. Call me silly, but I use WhatsApp a lot. It's huge here and all my friends use it, I'm not about to make them use BBM or SMS just for me.

Posted via CB10
    I understand but might be worth asking them to give it a try. So easy to download and it's free. Don't forget to remind them how secure BBM is compared with WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 07:54 AM
    Final blow? " God made Adam and eve not Adam and Steve. ". - little Richard. Lol.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    03-04-16 07:08 PM
    I don't understand the media, the headlines were WhatsApp will end support for BlackBerry by end of 2016, and for a layman, it means even priv will not support WhatsApp. How many actually go beyond headline and read full article? Somewhere, this will also hit the sales of priv as well, i think.

03-05-16 12:39 AM
    I don't understand the media, the headlines were WhatsApp will end support for BlackBerry by end of 2016, and for a layman, it means even priv will not support WhatsApp. How many actually go beyond headline and read full article? Somewhere, this will also hit the sales of priv as well, i think.

The priv runs android OS not BB10. Whatsapp is ending support for BB10 not android OS in which the priv runs.

While on the subject, BB10 will slowly go away to the day to day consumer, and maybe be an OS businesses will have to pay for? When I think of what's going on with blackberry and their OS, it reminds me of danger with the sidekick. At some point in time, blackberry will come out with an announcement stating when the OS will be discontinued and offer upgrade options to other phones (Samsung, ios ect).

But at the same time, doesn't blackberry prosper in other countries with their devices? I thought I remember reading they outsold iPhones and androids in certain countries a few months ago? It's hard to imagine them killing off the OS only in the US while keeping it alive in other countries. Im no expert in this though. I think BB10 is needed as an alternative to android and iOS. I can't really imagine only having 2 options for my OS. BB10 is fluent, responsive, and sleek. Maybe a BB11 is in the works?
    03-06-16 09:38 AM
    I think BB10 is needed as an alternative to android and iOS. I can't really imagine only having 2 options for my OS. BB10 is fluent, responsive, and sleek. Maybe a BB11 is in the works?
    The world would seem to disagree that a third ecosystem is necessary.

Users have left BB10 with 0.2% of the market, and the mighty Microsoft with 1.1% (down from 2.8% at peak).

The barriers to entry are simply too high for anyone else right now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-16 10:06 AM
    So, as it happened, Facebook followed, which was expected. What next, Twitter?
    03-20-16 11:19 PM
81 1234