Right when I was planning for PPSE, whatsapp gave the final blow, I am afraid that other apps will soon follow, and this is really not good. I will stick with my z10 until it dies.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-29-16 11:04 AM
    Ok

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    02-29-16 11:24 AM
    I don't blame you. Anyone who gets a passport or any bb10 device for that matter got about another good year or so.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 11:54 AM
    Keeping my Passport til it dies

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    02-29-16 11:58 AM
    Won't there be any remedy?

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 02:50 PM
    It's one app and it's really just a text msg replacement. I have it but rarely (if ever) use it. Besides there's BBM which you can ask your friends and family to download on their phones if a program such as that is really that crucial (it isn't).

Anyway, to me the Passport is a device so efficient and powerful, that one or two apps isn't going to sway me. I know that BB10 development may be put on hiatus but it's not like the phone will suddenly stop working.

Enjoy your devices while there's still enjoyment to be had
    OctavianCroitoru likes this.
    02-29-16 02:51 PM
    If BlackBerry shut down BB10 they must do something for the many users, for instance provide the download of a new OS at no cost, of course.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 03:08 PM
    To he'll with what's app I mean come on. Lol.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    beamolite likes this.
    02-29-16 03:44 PM
    Ya as soon as whatsapp no longer usable! Im out with BlackBerry! Very disappointed! Like others have said who knows which other apps might follow!

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 05:54 PM
    If BlackBerry shut down BB10 they must do something for the many users, for instance provide the download of a new OS at no cost, of course.

Posted via CB10
    They can't and won't do that. It will be PlayBook 2.0 all over again. I have two PlayBooks and the browser barely works, this is what will happen to BB10 eventually. I have two bb10 devices left, I had 4. As long as email and BBM work, I am fine with that.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 06:28 PM
    Couldn't you just download the Android apk for WhatsApp?

02-29-16 06:52 PM
    Couldn't you just download the Android apk for WhatsApp?

Absolutely. It's on Amazon.

Although notifications in the HUB simply launch the app.

There is also concern about how long BB10's Jellybean Runtime will be supported by the app, and increased battery usage.
    02-29-16 06:59 PM
    Guys I know how it feels to leave BB. I have been using a BB since 2010 (Curve 9300, still works but...) a Z10 since 2014 (at service center since last 2 months, sim slot issue, so m using a backup moto g 1st gen) ...problem is, at this point, I can't use curve because it doesn't load any site on browser because of latest technologies being used in web and mails are too slow to open, it can be just used as a telephone. Once my z10 comes back, i hope it has another year and a half left may be, before the web improves further to leave BB10 behind. It might be another 2 years but eventually, a day will come when all useful and important apps will leave, and Chen is in no mood to revive hardware. Don't know what platform I will go to, iOs may be.

I cant force every one to use a bbm or other chat apps, my family n frns all use wtsapp n no one actually has a bbm installed, y wd they do it just for me? Really sad to see a great OS dying slowly. If BB10 is still there by end of 2017, if at all... I will definitely come back to bb10 coz that would mean the storm has passed. I will still keep the z10 for bb10 experience though.

02-29-16 08:41 PM
    Fully understood your feeling...
    I prefer native apps as well, so I'm really sad when heard about this. But we still have to move, thus I tested Andriod whatsapp on my classic and it works pretty well. :-p
    The only bad thing for me is the UI, the native one looks so much better!
    02-29-16 10:23 PM
    I prefer native apps as well, so I'm really sad when heard about this. But we still have to move, thus I tested Andriod whatsapp on my classic and it works pretty well. :-p
    I second that. Moreover, we don't know how long would BB keep on supporting Android runtime, as that will also be left out after some time because of dying OS. Also worried about hardware support as service center still takes more than a month to resolve issues, myz10 has been with them since December 17th.

02-29-16 10:58 PM
    If you don't mind me asking, how's the integration between whatsapp android and the hub? Can we open the chat straight from the hub, or will it just show preview of the last message received, and tap to open the app?

Posted via Z30
    03-01-16 02:11 AM
    Absolutely. It's on Amazon.

Although notifications in the HUB simply launch the app.

There is also concern about how long BB10's Jellybean Runtime will be supported by the app, and increased battery usage.
    I don't find it on Amazon...

03-01-16 04:07 AM
    I don't find it on Amazon...

You won't have to until 2017.

They probably need to tweak the compatibility flags on Amazon. Others have said it's there. No matter, you can download it directly from the developer.
    03-01-16 05:59 AM
    Folks. What's app is just one app. Surely for people using BlackBerry it doesn't matter. They are in knowing BlackBerry will not support many apps.

From My Red Passport
    03-01-16 08:18 AM
    Folks. What's app is just one app. Surely for people using BlackBerry it doesn't matter. They are in knowing BlackBerry will not support many apps.

From My Red Passport
    and this right here is why bb is failing, its just one of many apps. how long does bb plan to play the "sideload" game with these apks ? i am tired of sideloading and trying to see if one version of an app will work perfectly as opposed to another version which wont work at all, if the fact that an app store made by the phone manufacturer doesn't have anything remotely close to what your looking for and encourage you to get it from somewhere else then it may be best to get a different phone from a different manufacturer altogether
    03-01-16 08:41 AM
    Since they're supporting Android Gingerbread (2.3), Honeycomb (3.0), and Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) still, people should be able to get a couple more years out of the Android version of WhatsApp on their BB10 devices.

Edit: re: battery usage. If you can, grab an extended battery and door while they're still available, and make yourself a fatberry.
    03-01-16 09:49 AM
    Short answer - it is a dead end for BB10, Android run time means less battery life, low on performance. They are ok for ad hoc purpose but for regular apps there is a huge performance issue, I really hated how skype worked on bb10, laggy and logs me out intermittently. Really sad BB killed a potentially very advanced OS with poor marketing.

03-01-16 10:13 AM
    Why anyone would care about a contact harvesting app not being available is beyond me?
    03-01-16 10:18 AM
    You say you will stick around with the Z10 till it dies, but as I remember, that means you'll only stick around for 4 hours till you need to find a charger again...
    03-01-16 10:19 AM
    Why anyone would care about a contact harvesting app not being available is beyond me?
    The context is not only one app, but others may follow soon. And also that Chen is not interested anymore in bb10 apart from 2 security builds this year.

03-01-16 10:22 AM
81 123 ...