Got the Passport today. I've had all previous bb10 devices before, and i also have the iPhone 6 at the moment.

I had numerous problems with the Z10. Reboot problems, Skype totally made the phone crash and burn. Q10 had heating and reboot issues but otherwise worked alright. The Z30 was a really good upgrade from those, smooth working with good battery and no issues whatsoever, solid device.

Did order the passport from expansys this weekend, got it today. So extremely quick shipping from the UK to Sweden.

I really didn't know what to expect.

Opened the damn box and wow, this thing is huge, sqaure to say at least.

Build quality is top notch, and it looks... hmm different?

It's hard to get used to this shape and the small keyboard and touch enabled rows of keys. At the moment I type much faster on any other device. Do I hate it? Not really. Do I love it? Maybe.

Time will tell if it grows on me.

I do notice some things though I instantly appreciate. It's super quick. No lag. No glitches yet. The few apps I have installed looks good and run super smooth. Booth native and from the amazon appstore.

Battery life seems to be as good as back in the days. Remember how my old powerhouse 9700 rocked on. And I guess this thing will do just that.

All in all. The device is rock solid. A lot of good things going on.

But I think the keys are a little bit cramped, the spacebar is placed quite odd. And the paradox with that is, you need quite big hands to operate with this thing, but small neat fingers to use the keys.

So don't know how that will work out.

I hope it will grow on me and that I will not miss my old 9700 anymore.

I don't dislike it. I may and want to learn to love it. I want to bend my iPhone and only use this thing. Time will tell if it let's me do just that.

Posted via CB10
    Just posted my thread on my first impressions. We share similar thoughts on this thing. I prefer Q10 form factor, but I love this things speed. Haven't used iOS in quite some time. Considering returning.

Posted via CB10 for Passport
    10-16-14 02:22 AM
    Ok time for an update.

I have now used it as my daily driver hence I last wrote. This thing is growing on me quite a bit, I did actually swap back to the iPhone 6 for a day. But I quickly noticed how I missed the square shape and the super premium feel of the passport.

I'm knocking away on the keyboard now without any bigger issues.

The only real problem I have is when I need write a lot of numbers in a row, or when to enter numbers into a password or such, I haven't really found a super efficient way of doing that as of yet. Even if I swipe down in the keyboard and enter a number from the keys, I need to swipe down again to get the numbers up. If I use it directly on the screen it works good. But the keys are quite far up so it gets a little bit weird to handle.

But I guess I will learn to use that also.

All in all, I have now sold the iPhone 6. I have passed on my nexus device to my brother. And the Z30 is collecting dust.

So the passport actually feels and looks like a winner.

I do have 2 issues though, software I guess.

The device freeze from time to time when ending a call. The screen goes black and doesn't respond for maybe 20 seconds.
    And that the instant actions from the lockscreen from time to time also freezes.

But other than that, it's superbly good. And I'm not missing either ios or android.

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    10-16-14 12:06 PM
    I just want to inform you that you can type any number or symbol by swiping the touch-enabled keyboard from up to down. Then each number/symbol will be attached for a number. It will appear on the screen. That thing made me decide to get the Passport over the Classic! I was so pissed by the unavailability of the alt-shift buttons. But this feature made it up for me!

Posted via CB10
    Great tip!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-16-14 12:10 PM
    Yup. Great tip. But it only works when you want to write one number. Not two. Then you need to swipe down again.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:12 PM
    Definitely have to give it a few days. Quick tip: when you want to input numbers or symbols instead of using the @123 onscreen key I find it more natural to just swipe down on the keyboard to get it to pop up.

Posted via CB10
    This is new to me!!! I really like it!! Thanks

Posted via awesome Passport
    10-16-14 12:13 PM
    It took me a good week. Now I fly around the keyboard as good as with my old 9900...perhaps even a little faster. I find the virtual 4th row actual speeds things up once you get the hang of it....I loved my Z30 but there is nothing like real buttons for fast accurate communications!

BlackBerry Passport: posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:46 PM
    Took me a few days to get used to the passport keyboard, first few days I found it difficult to type on. But now I'm pretty fast on it, coming from a Z30 it took me awhile to get used to pushing keys on the passport. First few times I was tapping away rather than pressing lol.

Love it now and can't see myself going back to full touch for the time being. I love how the keyboard vibrates when u make a mistake and it auto corrects.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:31 PM
    The only real problem I have is when I need write a lot of numbers in a row, or when to enter numbers into a password or such, I haven't really found a super efficient way of doing that as of yet. Even if I swipe down in the keyboard and enter a number from the keys, I need to swipe down again to get the numbers up. If I use it directly on the screen it works good. But the keys are quite far up so it gets a little bit weird to handle.
    If you just want to lock into number mode, you can press and hold the @123 key. You will see the keyboard overlay screen with numbers mapping to the keys. Just type in the corresponding keys. Press the shift down key once finished and you are back to normal mode.
    10-16-14 01:53 PM
    Yup. Great tip. But it only works when you want to write one number. Not two. Then you need to swipe down again.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought until I posted about this keyboard function. Thanks to CB I found the answer through the replies in the thread I started.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=968460

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 02:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you want to type more numbers, just hold the blue button on the right corner pressed. You need to double tap "@123"and hold to get the keyboard overlay if swiping down is cumbersome.

Helps me a lot

Loooooooool
    Should have read the full whole thread XD

Posted via CB10
    northern-comfort likes this.
    10-16-14 03:11 PM
    Each day brings new surprises. The keyboard shortcuts never seem to end. I can even use it to RDP to my servers and actually see the remote screens! This phone is amazing for techies like me.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:25 PM
    Pro typing tip. If you swipe down on the right side of the keyboard it beings up a virtual keyboard with buttons mapped to the physical keys. So you can swipe down and have 3 rows of numbers or symbols for your next physical key press. Much like on Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:52 PM
    A few thoughts after 5 hours on new Passport-img_20141016_150142.jpg
    A few thoughts after 5 hours on new Passport-img_20141015_160157.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:03 PM
    A few thoughts after 5 hours on new Passport-img_20141015_202939.jpg
    A few thoughts after 5 hours on new Passport-img_20141015_204907.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 06:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141015_202939.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	306569
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141015_204907.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	306570

Posted via CB10
    Ooops.... interesting thing:

16:9

Attachment 306571

1:1
    Attachment 306572
    4:3

Attachment 306573
    10-16-14 06:04 PM
    please update the info once u got it. Thanks. Does passport still freeze....Tq

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 06:39 PM
    The passport have been treating me well and the muscle memory for the new keyboard getting better each day. But today it let me down big time, I had a long sms conversation with a colleague for 2 days working on this big project, sending back and forth messages and mms pictures on our project.

This is something the BlackBerry 10 can't handle it seems. Same happened with the q10 and the z30. The hub went loco on me and I couldn't open anything, a re boot didn't fix it either. Everything went crazy in the hub, scrolling, typing, clicking.

How do I know it was caused by the heavy messaging?

Well, once I deleted the message everything went back to normal. I'm hugely disappointed about the fact that the os doesn't seem to cope with this. Maybe we are talking about 300+ sms messages back and forth under 2 days.

So I don't know what to make of all this.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 12:51 PM
    The passport have been treating me well and the muscle memory for the new keyboard getting better each day. But today it let me down big time, I had a long sms conversation with a colleague for 2 days working on this big project, sending back and forth messages and mms pictures on our project.

This is something the BlackBerry 10 can't handle it seems. Same happened with the q10 and the z30. The hub went loco on me and I couldn't open anything, a re boot didn't fix it either. Everything went crazy in the hub, scrolling, typing, clicking.

How do I know it was caused by the heavy messaging?

Well, once I deleted the message everything went back to normal. I'm hugely disappointed about the fact that the os doesn't seem to cope with this. Maybe we are talking about 300+ sms messages back and forth under 2 days.

So I don't know what to make of all this.

Posted via CB10
    That unfortunate. I highly doubt it's an OS limitation. I can attest to the fact that I receive 225 emails a day and respond to about 60% of those plus there about 100 BBM back and forth. I don't use sms as you do maybe 20 in a day. My hub at any given time during the day has over 500 messages. I have sms, BBM, email threads also in there for many months. Never once had any lag, reset the hub or delete messages.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 01:55 PM
43 12