Got the Passport today. I've had all previous bb10 devices before, and i also have the iPhone 6 at the moment.

I had numerous problems with the Z10. Reboot problems, Skype totally made the phone crash and burn. Q10 had heating and reboot issues but otherwise worked alright. The Z30 was a really good upgrade from those, smooth working with good battery and no issues whatsoever, solid device.

Did order the passport from expansys this weekend, got it today. So extremely quick shipping from the UK to Sweden.

I really didn't know what to expect.

Opened the damn box and wow, this thing is huge, sqaure to say at least.

Build quality is top notch, and it looks... hmm different?

It's hard to get used to this shape and the small keyboard and touch enabled rows of keys. At the moment I type much faster on any other device. Do I hate it? Not really. Do I love it? Maybe.

Time will tell if it grows on me.

I do notice some things though I instantly appreciate. It's super quick. No lag. No glitches yet. The few apps I have installed looks good and run super smooth. Booth native and from the amazon appstore.

Battery life seems to be as good as back in the days. Remember how my old powerhouse 9700 rocked on. And I guess this thing will do just that.

All in all. The device is rock solid. A lot of good things going on.

But I think the keys are a little bit cramped, the spacebar is placed quite odd. And the paradox with that is, you need quite big hands to operate with this thing, but small neat fingers to use the keys.

So don't know how that will work out.

I hope it will grow on me and that I will not miss my old 9700 anymore.

I don't dislike it. I may and want to learn to love it. I want to bend my iPhone and only use this thing. Time will tell if it let's me do just that.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't have one but seeing it more it's growing on me.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-07-14 04:43 PM
    I have a iPhone 6 at the moment and have a BB passport ordered from Amazon on the way soon.

I'm not a business bod so not sure how I will enjoy the passport but I am a prime member of Amazon and have many Amazon apps so am interested enough to give it a go.
    wasimraza likes this.
    10-07-14 04:53 PM
    From the consensus of a lot of the reviews I've read, you need a few days to get used to the keyboard.

Give it a few days it's a great device.

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm likes this.
    10-07-14 04:53 PM
    I think as you get used to the keyboard and it learns how you type, it will be really fast. you're meant to do more flicking and less typing on that keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm likes this.
    10-07-14 04:55 PM
    I'm supportive of BlackBerry, but have been a touch screen guy since the days of the Storm. When I first got my Passport I was a bit freaked out by how difficult it was for my hands to type. Even my thumbs were hurting a bit!

Anyway, a week in and I really do see the method to the madness, and the flexibility of the physical/virtual key combo,.. not to mention the integrated trackpad functionality that doesn't even require moving your finger off the keys.

It does require patience and willingness,.. so give it some time!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AnimalPak200; 10-07-14 at 05:39 PM.
    10-07-14 05:06 PM
    I have a iPhone 6 at the moment and have a BB passport ordered from Amazon on the way soon.

I'm not a business bod so not sure how I will enjoy the passport but I am a prime member of Amazon and have many Amazon apps so am interested enough to give it a go.
    passport is supposed to offer the best kindle/ereader experience of any phone.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    10-07-14 05:19 PM
    Maybe better to have given it 5 days to post review it, rather than just 5 hours?

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    nico2004 likes this.
    10-07-14 05:40 PM
    It took me a week or so (not a lot of heavy use so far) but I absolutely love it!
    The one thing I really noticed was how quickly the initial set up and familiarity with it.
    Things just seemed so natural.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    10-07-14 07:26 PM
    This this is def nice... but the more i use it, the more I feel like it's just a small tablet with a keyboard
    lift, Nayalm and thymaster like this.
    10-07-14 08:07 PM
    This this is def nice... but the more i use it, the more I feel like it's just a small tablet with a keyboard
    that's the point.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:32 PM
    I have medium hands. it takes getting used to it. had it almost a week now and i'm starting to get the groove back with the keyboard. i figure another week and i will be flying. the way you can touch the keyboard to flick up works, man when it starts to know how you type, you can get pretty fast. keep working at it and you will see.
    10-07-14 08:36 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Had mine for five days now... gets more addictive with each passing day and so much more to learn about its amazing capabilities...

This is one BOSS phone!

A few thoughts after 5 hours on new Passport-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:37 PM
    Definitely have to give it a few days. Quick tip: when you want to input numbers or symbols instead of using the @123 onscreen key I find it more natural to just swipe down on the keyboard to get it to pop up.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:47 PM
    Takes a couple days to get use to the phone. Mostly took me a day or so the learn the keyboard again. But having it for over a week now it feels great. Everything on this phone just flies. All the apps work great and are fast.

Passport on AT&T
    10-07-14 08:54 PM
    It also took me a week of use to gain speed with the keyboard and overall comfort.

V&B separated by the (small) spacebar was really difficult the first day for my muscle memory. Others have had issues with previous placement of ALT/SHIFT keys, but that has been less of an issue for me.

Now that this adjustment time is over, I am absolutely loving it... but it takes some commitment & practice to adjust.

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm likes this.
    10-07-14 08:58 PM
    After 5 minutes muscle memory kicked in from the days of using the 9900. I could type without looking at the keyboard.

Needed another 5 minutes after that to decide this phone is epic and return the iPhone6+

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:08 PM
    Just got my Passport today. Wow. Better than I expected.

Posted from my secure Z30
    10-07-14 09:18 PM
    I'm on 24 hours with mine and kinda had the same reaction when I bought it but have been truly loving it more and more every hour of the day. I can't put it down and my typing went from really slow to not bad in that short time. I'm getting quicker and actually really like the keyboard. I'm coming from a Z30 and also have a 5S to compare.

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm and thedose like this.
    10-07-14 09:51 PM
    Had mine almost two weeks now. Absolutely fantastic. Gets better with each passing day!
    10-15-14 06:25 PM
    @Silverchair how do you about the keyboard now?

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-15-14 08:31 PM
    I just want to inform you that you can type any number or symbol by swiping the touch-enabled keyboard from up to down. Then each number/symbol will be attached with a letter key. It will appear on the screen. That thing made me decide to get the Passport over the Classic! I was so pissed by the unavailability of the alt-shift buttons. But this feature made it up for me!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SaudiCracker; 10-16-14 at 02:17 PM.
    10-15-14 08:51 PM
    I just want to inform you that you can type any number or symbol by swiping the touch-enabled keyboard from up to down. Then each number/symbol will be attached for a number. It will appear on the screen. That thing made me decide to get the Passport over the Classic! I was so pissed by the unavailability of the alt-shift buttons. But this feature made it up for me!

Posted via CB10
    I was also unsure how the virtual keyboard was going to work with the QWERTY, but after 4 days, I don't understand how BB did not think of this before! The Passport is pure awesomeness!
    Skyforever likes this.
    10-15-14 10:32 PM
    I just noticed the virtual keyboard...thank god I was getting frustrated
    10-15-14 10:40 PM
    You can't judge a Passport in 5 hours. Give it a week. I'm faster now on the keyboard than I was on most of my smartphones. The kicker is that I make so fewer mistakes. Also, I'm starting to type without looking at the keys which I haven't been able to do in a very long time.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    10-16-14 12:20 AM
43 12