Hi
    I'm key2 user, but thinking to go a step "back" to a passport.
    Why? Blackberry OS without android.
    Is there a dual SIM version?
    Are the banking apps running on the passport (sparkasse, comdirect)?
    Is it possible to have a separated workspace, with own contact app, whatsapp business, calendar etc on the passport?

Cheers
    06-19-19 04:27 AM
    Hi
    Is it possible to have a separated workspace, with own contact app, whatsapp business, calendar etc on the passport?

Cheers
    No dual SIM Version.

Don't know about those specific banking apps, but it's doubtful as very few banking apps would function on BB10 three or four years ago...

With a BES setup you can have a separate workspace. But not sure about how easy that is to setup at this point. Once a single cloud licences could be obtained cheaply and very easily, but I believe that is no longer an option. We don't even know if BES will support BB10 at the end of the year....
    06-19-19 07:06 AM
    No dual SIM Version.

Don't know about those specific banking apps, but it's doubtful as very few banking apps would function on BB10 three or four years ago...

With a BES setup you can have a separate workspace. But not sure about how easy that is to setup at this point. Once a single cloud licences could be obtained cheaply and very easily, but I believe that is no longer an option. We don't even know if BES will support BB10 at the end of the year....
    This ain't good news.
    Thanks.
    Hopefully someday BlackBerry will build an android free device again.
    06-19-19 07:27 AM
    This ain't good news.
    Thanks.
    Not much hope for that... it almost drove the company to bankruptcy.
    the_boon, John Albert and gamegurl like this.
    06-19-19 08:02 AM
    This ain't good news.
    Thanks.
    BlackBerry doesn't build or sell ANY phones, let alone an Android-free one.

The days of BlackBerry mobile hardware is a distant memory.
    gamegurl likes this.
    06-19-19 08:03 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't build or sell ANY phones, let alone an Android-free one.

The days of BlackBerry mobile hardware is a distant memory.
    The undeleteable Google stuff is the thing I dislike most on my Key2.
    06-19-19 08:07 AM
    I am a Passport user and would confirm that it is EXTREMELY unlikely that any banking app would work on a BB10 app at this point. We who use the Passport pretty much rely on a bank's mobile website with a shortcut on the screen or a bookmark in the web browser (native or android browser such as Kiwi) for the times when we need it. For me, this is used once or twice a month so no big deal, but if you use apps such as this very often you would be wise to stick with your android or iOS device. BB10 is great for communication, not so great for modern apps.
    ppeters914 and anon(10573286) like this.
    06-19-19 08:10 AM
    The undeleteable Google stuff is the thing I dislike most on my Key2.
    Use Blokada - it blocks all trackers and ads.

https://blokada.org/index.html
    06-19-19 08:12 AM

I'm using Blokada. More than122t blocked trackers in 5 weeks. Scary.
    Last edited by joergbrandt; 06-19-19 at 09:57 AM.
    06-19-19 08:15 AM
    I'm using Blokada. More than122t blacked trackers in 5 weeks. Scary.
    99.99% of all tracker action is legitimate and benign. But I hear you - that's why I use it.
    anon(10572925) likes this.
    06-19-19 08:20 AM
    Not much hope for that... it almost drove the company to bankruptcy.
    Than they must done something wrong. Apple made billions with their hard and software package.
    06-19-19 08:21 AM
    I am a Passport user and would confirm that it is EXTREMELY unlikely that any banking app would work on a BB10 app at this point. We who use the Passport pretty much rely on a bank's mobile website with a shortcut on the screen or a bookmark in the web browser (native or android browser such as Kiwi) for the times when we need it. For me, this is used once or twice a month so no big deal, but if you use apps such as this very often you would be wise to stick with your android or iOS device. BB10 is great for communication, not so great for modern apps.
    Good Idea, but my bank is using Photo Tan. So I need this app to send money.
    06-19-19 09:56 AM
    So I need this app to send money.
    Yep....that is a feature not found in any web app so you will need to stick with your android device if you use it regularly.
    06-19-19 10:01 AM
    Than they must done something wrong. Apple made billions with their hard and software package.
    Yes, and it's been discussed ad nauseam for years.

I've moved on, but still miss my Porsche Design clock. *sniff*
    06-19-19 01:22 PM
    Not sure if it's available for sale anymore but if you buy a Passport I suggest getting the silver edition. I'll keep mine forever until the battery erupts.
    06-20-19 02:44 AM
    Hi

Cheers
    Do not go back and get a passport you will be very disappointed...it's a huge step backward
    anon(10572925) and the_boon like this.
    06-22-19 04:49 AM
    Good Idea, but my bank is using Photo Tan. So I need this app to send money.
    It is possible that photo tan works. I tried just for fun to install such a bank app on my passport. It opens fine, seem to work accurate, scanning seems to work etc. However I cannot try fully, can't activate it and so on, so I don't know for sure. And if it works, there is no guarantee that it not stop working anytime, due to some needed update that art 4.3 can't handle.
    06-22-19 05:33 AM

Any version working on PassPort?

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    06-22-19 10:13 AM
    Any version working on PassPort?

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    No. There is nothing comparable unless you use a paid VPN service with ad-blocking. And even with that, I don't think they do much about trackers.
    Mojarch likes this.
    06-22-19 10:14 AM
    Hi

Cheers
    Don't do it. It's not worth the aggravation
    06-23-19 10:16 PM
    the dividing line between Android 4.3 and Android 4 4is a game changer. The passport stopped at the former and is relatively perceptibly handicapped by that. That said my wife rocks a Motorola Droid Mini Android 4.4 which operates almost every single app including Banking and security system and Camera visualization and anything else needed... assets and a side I would mention the Motorola Droid Mini Sports a Q I charge receiver as well as a dual GSM Radio operating on Verizon CDMA as on worldwide GSM networks including LTE dot-dot-dot what an amazing device!
    06-24-19 01:14 PM
    the dividing line between Android 4.3 and Android 4 4is a game changer. The passport stopped at the former and is relatively perceptibly handicapped by that. That said my wife rocks a Motorola Droid Mini Android 4.4 which operates almost every single app including Banking and security system and Camera visualization and anything else needed...
    So you're saying that if BB10 had just that one update in its runtime, then the devices would be significantly more futureproof ?
    06-24-19 01:17 PM
    if the passport had received Android 4.4 run time I would still be using that device and would never have bought a priv and would never have certainly considered a keyone which I use now... Sad, it sure would have been a boon to BlackBerry
    06-24-19 01:19 PM
    another comment regarding the capabilities of the GSM and LTE radio on the keyone with seems to not only be cited as Weak by many others but is not really that good. I live in BOONdocks and the strength of the radio is so porous to have AT&T convince to offer me a femtocell at no charge to you keep me as a client.
    06-24-19 01:22 PM
    DUNT tell me Blackberry is going to bring out a run time update to anything beyond the 4.3 because it could be risky to my cardiovascular health at this Advanced age... I will start screaming at the top of my lungs probably audible from my current location in the Deep South to the front steps of blackberry in Waterloo as well as other locations in Waterloo both Canada and Belgium...
    06-24-19 01:24 PM
49 12