I just bought the classic and I was disappointed and sent it all the way back to amazon and now I am considering buying a PP. A few questions arise:

a) Do you need a case for the PP? Can the screen or the backside be easily scratched? Or is it very resilient?

b) Bending issue is this really an issue for the PP!!?!? But I guess this is only an issue when you carry your PP in your rear pocket :-/

c) Keyboard scrolling. I just went to a store and tried scrolling in the browser and hub I experienced the keyboard to be a bit hacky and not too responsive to my gestures. Is anyone sharing this experience or am I just doing something wrong?

d) Is the responsive keyboard implemented into all native Blackberry apps? Can you use it on third party apps?

thx in advance!
    12-22-14 12:12 PM
    I just bought the classic and I was disappointed and sent it all the way back to amazon and now I am considering buying a PP. A few questions arise:

a)Do you need a case for the PP? Can the screen or the backside be easily scratched? Or is it very resilient?

b)Bending issue is this really an issue for the PP!!?!? But I guess this is only an issue when you carry your PP in your rear pocket :-/

c)Keyboard scrolling. I just went to a store and tried scrolling in the browser and hub I experienced the keyboard to be a bit hacky and not too responsive to my gestures. Is anyone sharing this experience or am I just doing something wrong?

d)Is the responsive keyboard implemented into all native Blackberry apps? Can you use it on third party apps?

thx in advance!
    A case is a personal preference. I use one to protect the camera lens on the back and to give me a better grip of the phone.

This is just my opinion but judging from your lack of satisfaction with the Classic and subsequent comment history, I do not think you are going to enjoy the keyboard BUT I hope I'm wrong. I have the Passport and even after three months I'm not where I was speed or gesture wise coming from the Bold & Q10. It's why I'm 'down grading' as some would say.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:21 PM
    a) VERY sturdy device. I don't use a case, and I've dropped mine a couple of times with no scratches/dings. Typically carry mine in the front pocket of my jeans and while I try to be careful, I've sometimes thrown it in my front pocket when coins were there. No issues.

b) Bending is not an issue, in part due to the shape. A squat rectangle like the Passport is just less prone to bending to begin with. If there's a penalty, it's that it's a bit thicker and heavier than some other phones. It's not awful, and I personally don't mind a slightly heavier phone.

c) The keyboard scrolling is actually fantastic in the apps where it's actually implemented. I'd characterize that as "many", but not all. My favorite application for the keyboard is long web pages or PDFs where I turn the phone sideways and use the kb as a vertical scroller.

d) Again, I'd say "many", and likely more as time goes by.
    12-22-14 12:24 PM

a)Do you need a case for the PP? Can the screen or the backside be easily scratched? Or is it very resilient?

b)Bending issue is this really an issue for the PP!!?!? But I guess this is only an issue when you carry your PP in your rear pocket :-/

c)Keyboard scrolling. I just went to a store and tried scrolling in the browser and hub I experienced the keyboard to be a bit hacky and not too responsive to my gestures. Is anyone sharing this experience or am I just doing something wrong?

d)Is the responsive keyboard implemented into all native Blackberry apps? Can you use it on third party apps?

thx in advance!
    A) I don't use a case. Cases tend to make the phone bulkier than it needs. I would recommend a privacy screen protector though since the screen is so large everyone wants to peek at what you're doing. . I can see oil markings on the back but they come off surprisingly well with a dry cloth.

B) This is not an iPhone 6! That said, always be careful when sitting on your phone. Never sit on it on a hard surface, the PP's corners are more likely to hurt you first before you can hurt it.

C) Kind of hacky, I agree. Yeah it works but I still find myself using the screen to scroll much of the time but I am working to learn to use the keyboard scrolling more often. I think I am finally getting the hang of it.

D) Haven't had any serious issues. Keyboard seems to work fine on both native and android apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:02 PM
    A) If you won't throw it down, you don't need any case. Personally I use the original BlackBerry hard shell. It's design is not so beautiful as pure Passport, but it's functional. My device hit the floor only once for those three weeks I owe it, it landed on the corner of the shield, nothing bad happend at all.

B) most of the time I wear Passport in the front pocket of my jeans. Nothing like blend has happened to my device at all.

c)Keyboard scrolling works perfect indoors. You can scroll both vertically and horizontally. You can select dictionary suggestions, switch keyboards, precisely navigate the cursor, delete words, all by gestures on Passport's physical keyboard. There is one issue reported here which I also observe - keyboard responses strange/inaccurate outdoor at cold weather conditions. Most probably this is software issue and we can expect fix with update, but nothing sure here.

d)from my experience-it works with most of default native apps, additionally with iGrann, FitBit, Netflix, CB10, Skype.

In case of further questions dont hesitate to catch me on BBM. Cheers!
    PIN: 2BEC9B73

P.S. I've attached photo to not lost this post after connection issue, enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Few questions about the Passport-img_20141218_165659.jpg  
    Last edited by Michal Be; 12-22-14 at 03:29 PM.
    ZedMacahan likes this.
    12-22-14 03:16 PM
    Responsiveness of keyboard scrolling depends on how cold and dry your hands are. I have some issues outdoors in the winter, and if my hands are cold indoors.

I've found only one native app that doesn't accept keyboard scrolling - Globe and Mail. It hasn't been updated for the Passport yet, the photos in the articles are distorted. Most apps have been updated or will be soon.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-22-14 03:48 PM
    b) “Bending issue” – is this really an issue for the PP!!?!? But I guess this is only an issue when you carry your PP in your rear pocket :-/
    I believe those "I've bend my pp" threads got way to much attention. You'd have to inflict some serious force to accomplish that. (perhaps a very few have a structural flaw)

d) Is the responsive keyboard implemented into all native Blackberry apps? Can you use it on third party apps?
    It even works in the android app I'm developing right now. For example "Swipe back" to erase and "double tap" to activate the magnifying glas. No extra effort getting that to work.
    Last edited by ZedMacahan; 12-22-14 at 05:01 PM.
    Michal Be likes this.
    12-22-14 04:10 PM
    I think a few units arrived pre-bent - or so it seems from the posts. Or maybe someone drove over these phones with a truck. But if you get a flat phone and don't abuse it, it won't bend on you. I think somewhere on the BlackBerry website there is an exploded view of the components, and the stainless steel frame looks like it was designed by a structural engineer.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-22-14 06:21 PM