Thought it was a new year and appropriate to start a new thread. I know it may be similar to the 2019 version but I thought I'd keep it relevant for newcomers. Wouldn't want them to think it's then end right?
    Anyway I finally had wiped my Passport and figured out all my necessary work arounds to make it my daily driver again. I figured we have only so much time left to enjoy our relics before too much time passes and things really go awry, so I am busting out my tuxedo dressed Spongbob phone to enjoy its beautiful keyboard, screen for better reading, speakers for music in the shower, numerous built in setting like profiles that make life easier and my most favorite (true Blackberry feature) the Play/Pause/stop button on the side between volumes.
    The Passport is quite the amazing phone, actually the best phone by far I have ever used at age 48.
    Here's to another go with my well dress companion

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-22-20 at 12:36 PM.
    01-22-20 06:25 AM
    01-22-20 06:27 AM
    Well spoken !
    01-22-20 07:22 AM
    I am putting a new battery in mine so I can go back to EDC my Passport again.
    I do like my KeyOne, but I LOVE my Passport... and I keep picking it up and powering it up, even with the battery being very difficult to charge...
    Sounds weird, but I trust the old security of a dead ecosystem to the virulence that is the modern Googleplex.
    01-22-20 07:23 AM
    I am putting a new battery in mine so I can go back to EDC my Passport again.
    I do like my KeyOne, but I LOVE my Passport... and I keep picking it up and powering it up, even with the battery being very difficult to charge...
    Sounds weird, but I trust the old security of a dead ecosystem to the virulence that is the modern Googleplex.
    Regardless of some elites in here that will argue with us, I agree with you completely. It's a great feeling running and pulsating from this keyboard through my thumbs to my head lol.

I also have mine in hand every single morning and can't seem to stop picking it up. I think that is telling to the brilliance of the device and OS. Where are you getting your battery from @Paisley Pirate

Last edited by pkcable; 01-22-20 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Fixed other member mention.
    01-22-20 07:37 AM
    Do Titan owners count?
    01-22-20 09:20 AM
    Just got a used passport SE today in 2020. Getting used to the device and these satisfying clicks

Main reason for change was an attempt at digital detox. Unclutter from the information and social media overload. Looking to live a more minimalistic lifestyle

Looking for some inputs from the folks here who've been using passport for a while,

- what are good music streaming apps you've been able to use? I'm used to using soundcloud on my android but unable to get it work on this device. Has anybody here managed to get this working? Or any other alternatives for music streaming

- anyone got MS teams or Skype working here?

- recommendation for good online forum reader (like tapatalk)

- any other must have apps on my passport or anything else I need to know about making the most out of this insane piece of hardware

Posted via CB10
    01-22-20 09:30 AM
    Well, obviously here I am too!

Still running both my PP's, a pristine OG and a fair SE. Actually, I am close to being able to "rebuild" my lovely SE and bring it back to brand new original condition, and as soon as I do, I will report here!
    01-22-20 09:53 AM
    Still using my Passport as a daily device with an android phone on occasion.
    01-22-20 10:26 AM
    Do Titan owners count?
    Lol why not
    At least you will get wifi at the gym. I got to the gym this morning and wanted to stream my soundcloud off the wifi but BB10 would not allow it. Now I've found work arounds before in hotels but unfortunately nothing is working here this morning.

Still loving it

Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-22-20 at 12:35 PM.
    01-22-20 11:16 AM
    Hello gents. I have my trusty rebuilt back to new OG as my daily driver with a K2 SE in backup! This is by far my favourite phone ever! And I've had a few since 1991. Long live the resistance!

Posted via my Passport
    01-22-20 12:23 PM
    I am one of them, tried to jump ship to Titan and sold that crappy phone three days after purchase lol

Passport will still do for me, at least for a couple more years.

Posted via CB10 on a Passport
    01-22-20 01:47 PM
    I still use my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition on a daily basis as my business phone. You cannot beat the audio quality for calls on this phone, especially if you put your call on speaker frequently, like I do. It's also reassuring that with the native BlackBerry apps, my conversations aren't being listened to, as well.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and oneian like this.
    01-22-20 01:53 PM
    We all know the Passport is an anomaly of phones and it's a wonder it never saved the company like the Chrysler minivan did for Chrysler. I am willing to bet that if samsung had came out with the Passport at that time it would have probably been a hit with their advertising power and swaying swagger. But the truth is its not just the hardware it's the software that made it such a gem.

I can only dream of what it would be like today with continued updates for BB10 and it's forked android system.

01-22-20 01:57 PM
    Have you got soundcloud to work on your passport?

Any other music streaming apps that still works in jan,2020?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-20 02:39 PM
    I still use my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition on a daily basis as my business phone. You cannot beat the audio quality for calls on this phone, especially if you put your call on speaker frequently, like I do. It's also reassuring that with the native BlackBerry apps, my conversations aren't being listened to, as well.

Posted via CB10
    I always wanted a silver edition but decided to get two Passport OG for compatibility of parts if needed and a wider variety of cases. Now that I'm down to one Passport I would consider getting a silver edition but never see any at the right price or condition given the EOL limbo effect.

01-22-20 03:08 PM
    What a timely post! I dropped my Keyone yesterday and the screen popped out and shattered. I ordered a replacement screen to be delivered today. in the meantime I fired up the passport popped in the sim and have been enjoying my passport for 2 days. Brought back great memories! I'm still impressed with the screen and speakers. Hammering out emails and texts like a pro. I'll fix my Keyone tonight and use it tomorrow. I'll never get rid of my OG passport. Just perfect for times like this.
    01-22-20 03:34 PM
    pin:2C198E8F \=D/ \=D/

Posted via CB10
    01-22-20 03:41 PM
    Do Titan owners count?
    Hey now...........
    01-22-20 03:53 PM
    Thought it was a new year and appropriate to start a new thread. I know it may be similar to the 2019 version but I thought I'd keep it relevant for newcomers. Wouldn't want them to think it's then end right?
    Anyway I finally had wiped my Passport and figured out all my necessary work arounds to make it my daily driver again. I figured we have only so much time left to enjoy our relics before too much time passes and things really go awry, so I am busting out my tuxedo dressed Spongbob phone to enjoy its beautiful keyboard, screen for better reading, speakers for music in the shower, numerous built in setting like profiles that make life easier and my most favorite (true Blackberry feature) the Play/Pause/stop button on the side between volumes.
    The Passport is quite the amazing phone, actually the best phone by far I have ever used at age 48.
    Here's to another go with my well dress companion

While I play with other phones......the T-REX will always be number ONE.

Never EVER go against the Family! !

The GODFATHER is always the TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN>
    Attached Thumbnails The few, the brave, who's carrying a Passport in 2020?-img_1581.jpg  
    01-22-20 03:55 PM
    Using my SE passport as my daily and my OG as a backup phone . 

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-22-20 04:55 PM

I can only dream of what it would be like today with continued updates for BB10 and it's forked android system.

Pretty much the same. No apps. Lack of Google Play Services was always the real problem.

Although despite the fact that the keyboard was too wide for my taste, there is little doubt that the Passport was great hardware.
    01-22-20 06:08 PM
    Indeed!

Posted via my Passport
    01-22-20 06:18 PM
    Pretty much the same. No apps. Lack of Google Play Services was always the real problem.

Although despite the fact that the keyboard was too wide for my taste, there is little doubt that the Passport was great hardware.
    Nice to see you found a way to cheer me up

moosbb likes this.
    01-22-20 06:55 PM
    I never saw a Passport in real life I am sure I would have loved it back in the day!
    01-22-20 07:08 PM
416 123 ...