We're talking about 2 different things - 4G/LTE for data, and VoLTE for calls.

Vodafone Greece reports actively using 3G bands 900MHz and 2100MHz, along with 3 LTE bands - 3, 7, and 20.
    May I ask this: Where do I see this VoLTE sign on my phone(s)? Because I never do. So far.
    12-04-20 02:16 PM
    May I ask this: Where do I see this VoLTE sign on my phone(s)? Because I never do. So far.
    You don't. That's the thing. That's why I'm asking how you would know for sure. I highly doubt BB10 is compatible with your modern VoLTE networks - as it certainly isn't here.
    12-04-20 02:19 PM
    You don't. That's the thing. That's why I'm asking how you would know for sure. I highly doubt BB10 is compatible with your modern VoLTE networks - as it certainly isn't here.
    When I place or receive a call on Passport, it always shows 4G on the right upper corner. So, what does that mean? I am not talking about data, just normal calls over my carrier's network, Vodafone.
    12-04-20 02:24 PM
    When I place or receive a call on Passport, it always shows 4G on the right upper corner. So, what does that mean? I am not talking about data, just normal calls over my carrier's network, Vodafone.
    It just means that 4G is being used for your data. It says nothing regarding your phone.
    12-04-20 02:25 PM
    It just means that 4G is being used for your data. It says nothing regarding your phone.
    OK, maybe this is more technical than I can understand, but at the end of the day, all BB10 devices that I can think of, work fine here in Greece! So far.
    12-04-20 02:29 PM
    OK, maybe this is more technical than I can understand, but at the end of the day, all BB10 devices that I can think of, work fine here in Greece! So far.
    Yes. Until 3G is shut down in 2022 (according to its website).

Vodafone Greece only JUST launched its VoLTE service in January of this year.
    12-04-20 02:30 PM

Hi Saint300,

I think we've emailed a few times back and forth while I was visiting family and friends in Greece in Summer 2019.

I was wondering if you've run into this issue with your carrier and BB10. With Cosmote, I find I have issues being on a call and than using the data on my phone.

As an example, if I'm on a call with someone and than I want to use my data, I can't search for something on the browser or use BBM and have the message be delivered right away. As soon as the call stops, messages are delivered and the browser will work no problem.

I can't figure that out and since the amount of Blackberry users are low, I've never been able to get an answer from Cosmote support.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-20 02:36 PM
    I should also say, I hope your well and staying safe in beautiful Greece. Hopefully summer 2021 we may be able to enjoy a Frappe and talk Blackberry devices.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    saint300, anon(5597702) and PIX3d like this.
    12-04-20 02:41 PM
    Yes. Until 3G is shut down in 2022 (according to its website).

Vodafone Greece only JUST launched its VoLTE service in January of this year.
    Yes. But they went on to say that when they discontinue 3G, at the end of 2022, 4G/LTE will have even more bandwidth, while they will be getting ready for 5G. In short, no worries about BB10 devices for quite some time, at least in Greece.
    12-04-20 02:50 PM
    Hi Saint300,

I think we've emailed a few times back and forth while I was visiting family and friends in Greece in Summer 2019.

I was wondering if you've run into this issue with your carrier and BB10. With Cosmote, I find I have issues being on a call and than using the data on my phone.

As an example, if I'm on a call with someone and than I want to use my data, I can't search for something on the browser or use BBM and have the message be delivered right away. As soon as the call stops, messages are delivered and the browser will work no problem.

I can't figure that out and since the amount of Blackberry users are low, I've never been able to get an answer from Cosmote support.

Posted via CB10
    No, I haven't had that problem with Vodafone. I don't use BBM though, since it is hardly known here. I wish you all the best, and hope to actually meet you here when all this is over!!
    12-04-20 02:52 PM
    Yes. But they went on to say that when they discontinue 3G, at the end of 2022, 4G/LTE will have even more bandwidth, while they will be getting ready for 5G. In short, no worries about BB10 devices for quite some time, at least in Greece.
    Until 2022. Correct.

Added 4G bandwidth does nothing for your calls.
    12-04-20 02:55 PM
    I just also read on its website that there's now an option of combining VoLTE and VoWiFi, but this has to be activated by the subscriber. Haven't done that yet.
    12-04-20 03:07 PM
    I just also read on its website that there's now an option of combining VoLTE and VoWiFi, but this has to be activated by the subscriber. Haven't done that yet.
    Ultimately, the internals of your 4G device have to be compatible with the internals of your 4G network for VoLTE purposes. We aren’t 100% sure what happens until cutoff and cutover day on a specific network. We are saying that carriers here are saying earlier generation VoLTE aren’t supported after the cutoff and cutover occurs.
    12-04-20 03:27 PM
    Still using my passport. I have three now: one to use, a spare and one for parts.

Overall very happy with it, but definitely looking for a better browser. Has anyone installed Brave? If so, how? Is there an apk for any decent browser that will install on our old hardware?
    12-06-20 03:29 PM
    Still using my passport. I have three now: one to use, a spare and one for parts.

Overall very happy with it, but definitely looking for a better browser. Has anyone installed Brave? If so, how? Is there an apk for any decent browser that will install on our old hardware?
    Most on here still using the Passport (or any BB10 phone) use Kiwi or the xCrazys version of Fennec as a supplement to the native browser. They are slow but do work well otherwise.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-06-20 04:36 PM
    And they'll be getting cheaper soon I guess when people in this part of the world start divesting of theirs via eBay or wherever.
    Last edited by GordH; 10-27-21 at 03:57 PM.
    10-27-21 11:19 AM
416 ... 151617