Here's my beauty:
    Attachment 447468
    Congrats on the True BlackBerry!

Posted via my Passport
    01-27-20 10:19 PM
    I'm willing to give you a kidney for the red key 2
    the_boon likes this.
    01-27-20 11:14 PM
    Having just bought an iPhone 11 Pro, I can definitely say that the Passport does all the email, typing, communication, multitasking, and notification much better.
    Surfing the Web on the Passport results in far fewer ads than on the iphone.

Most importantly, multitasking still does not work well on the iphone.
    You cannot watch/listen to TV in the background and surf the Web or type an email at the same time on the iphone

I don't use apps on the iphone other than the built in ones.
    The only reason I got the iphone was due to the map app failure and lack of support for bb10 after 2019.
    I was pleasantly surprised that the iphone has a good native file manager (that's what I would have missed the most) and that it has the swipe-to-wake-up function and no home button.

I still carry the Passport with me every day for these reasons:
    1) better email
    2) better notification system
    3) hub
    4) better sound in phone app and better audio conferencing
    5) better calendar function
    6) better surfing quality and protection from apps
    7) better multitasking
    8) easier secure file transfers to other devices and work computer
    9) easier file transfer between my mac and blackberry than between my mac and iphone
    10) typing...no comparison.
    11) music app and player are actually better than on the iphone
    12) better bluetooth connection to my car than the iphone.
    14) no sound notification in meeting mode
    15) sleep mode

The Passport is a 6 year old device. There has been very little progress in phones since then, other than more apps that data mine and surveill you.
    The hardware progress, other than better cameras to take cat videos, has been minimal. The processors are not faster. Watching live videos and broadcast has not really improved.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-20 05:30 AM
    Thought I would share my favorite shot of my Passport. Nothing special, just classy in my eyes and great taste
    Glenmorangie 18yr

The few, the brave, who's carrying a Passport in 2020?-inst10_passport-20whiskey.jpg
    01-28-20 07:23 AM
    The pass_porter may have some leads, this was the only one I've found since I started looking for a red edition.
    It seems you got a fair deal. I think there's a couple on sale on Ebay now, but alas, they are much more expensive than what you paid! Congrats on your good taste and excellent choice!
    Flight_Med likes this.
    01-28-20 10:35 AM
    Talking about the Red PP, here's an idea, which is not original of course, and has become reality for some people, at least one of them here.

If we could source all the external red parts, keyboard, back cover and sim card cover, then we could bolt these on our OG PP and have a great looking Red one! Of course it won't be original since the frame will be silver rather than black, but in some ways, it may be even more beautiful! I know that keyboard and back cover can easily be found; not certain about the sim card cover though....

All this, provided one is ready to change the looks of their OG PP; otherwise, a used one could be bought for this project.
    01-28-20 10:42 AM
    Talking about the Red PP, here's an idea, which is not original of course, and has become reality for some people, at least one of them here.

If we could source all the external red parts, keyboard, back cover and sim card cover, then we could bolt these on our OG PP and have a great looking Red one! Of course it won't be original since the frame will be silver rather than black, but in some ways, it may be even more beautiful! I know that keyboard and back cover can easily be found; not certain about the sim card cover though....

All this, provided one is ready to change the looks of their OG PP; otherwise, a used one could be bought for this project.
    Ha ha you read my mind

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    01-28-20 10:50 AM

The only hope of finding spare Red parts like that would be a defective/for-parts Red Passport that you take apart and make a Frankenstein one.

But I don't think you'll just find random spare Red externals
    01-28-20 10:55 AM
    The only hope of finding spare Red parts like that would be a defective/for-parts Red Passport that you take apart and make a Frankenstein one.

But I don't think you'll just find random spare Red externals
    Well, if I could find a parts-only Red PP, then I could also use the black frame and have as a result an original looking item.

As for the specific parts, yes they are available now, and I could search for the links to post, if you were interested. At least those two I mentioned....and as for the non-original final look, with the silver frame, well....it won't be nothing so bad like what the original Frankenstein's monster was!

But this was just an idea that popped up, nothing more.

And by the way, here is a like new Red Passport on auction, starting price 199 euros. Interested to see how far it will go:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...wAAOSwxkpeJsox
    01-28-20 11:06 AM
    Ha ha you read my mind

It does seem we think alike!!
    01-28-20 11:07 AM
    I joined CrackBerry today just to raise my hand and say "Me! I love my Passport!" I've been using BlackBerry since 2003 - the 7230 was my first. I still have my last Bold 9930 and my Q10. I've had my Passport since 2017 and I intend to use it till the wheels come off.
    01-28-20 11:40 AM
    I joined CrackBerry today just to raise my hand and say "Me! I love my Passport!" I've been using BlackBerry since 2003 - the 7230 was my first. I still have my last Bold 9930 and my Q10. I've had my Passport since 2017 and I intend to use it till the wheels come off.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!! Post early and post often....
    01-28-20 01:39 PM
    welcome to Crackberry. This is where you will find solutions to many of the problems or restrictions you may have encounter since the end of updates and decline of compatibility. Enjoy

anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-28-20 01:49 PM
    Thought I would share my favorite shot of my Passport. Nothing special, just classy in my eyes and great taste
    Glenmorangie 18yr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inst10_Passport%20whiskey.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	447469
    Ah a whisky lover. Great! I also appreciate a good single malt.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-29-20 08:22 AM
    It seems you got a fair deal. I think there's a couple on sale on Ebay now, but alas, they are much more expensive than what you paid! Congrats on your good taste and excellent choice!
    Bought a new Passport SE for 400 usd. Rather expensive I know but at least it's brand new.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-20 08:24 AM
    Me also! Just finished a couple of Glenlivets after work and heading home!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-20 08:32 AM
    Bought a new Passport SE for 400 usd. Rather expensive I know but at least it's brand new.

Posted via CB10
    Another one I wish I had bought. Lol. I'm sceptical to buy new and get a used or refurb instead. I guess amazon has a great return policy. I will be keeping my eyes open for a deal on either silver or red.

01-29-20 01:15 PM
    Another one I wish I had bought. Lol. I'm sceptical to buy new and get a used or refurb instead. I guess amazon has a great return policy. I will be keeping my eyes open for a deal on either silver or red.

It seems it is not that easy to find a good deal on either the SE or Red....I do look around for a Red in good condition, but to no avail....unless one is prepared to spend more than $300, that is. The SE situation is more or less the same, although there have been auctions on Ebay with SE's selling for a fair price...
    01-29-20 01:29 PM
    It seems it is not that easy to find a good deal on either the SE or Red....I do look around for a Red in good condition, but to no avail....unless one is prepared to spend more than $300, that is. The SE situation is more or less the same, although there have been auctions on Ebay with SE's selling for a fair price...
    I can get my old backup Passport OG that I sold for $215 CND with a spare keyboard (new) for $125 CND but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. I'm going to keep using my Passport as I have been again as my daily for a few weeks and see. I had taken a break for a couple years and had a Oneplus 3T which is now my backup. If I am sure after a few weeks I may pull the trigger. It would be nice to have another Passport all set up and ready to go just in case

01-29-20 01:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Brand new but at least five years old.

I know what you mean though, it's good to get one in a sealed box!

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    01-30-20 05:11 AM
    Brand new but at least five years old.

I know what you mean though, it's good to get one in a sealed box!

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    Nothing beats sealed box. Peeling off the plastic protection from a brand new device just feels nice. And the touch of a new unused keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Radoslav Valkov likes this.
    01-30-20 10:52 AM
    Nothing beats sealed box. Peeling off the plastic protection from a brand new device just feels nice. And the touch of a new unused keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Same experience with mine in Feb 2018. I haven't asked the seller but seems like it has been looked after well (at least the storage temperature), all factory labels were in place. I doubts the unit has been charged at all, so it is just luck with mine.
    01-30-20 11:46 AM
    I'm using my PassportSQW100-3/10.3.3.2205 regularly with the recent addition of an iPhone 5S, which spends the day in my bag and comes out only for a few apps. I carried a Priv for years, but the battery and its size, coupled BBMC going away made me reach for something smaller and lighter to carry.

My Passport still has an acceptable battery life, still does what I want it to do, and still gets attention everywhere I go. My students routinely ask me whether it's a new phone. When I tell them it's old enough to be in kindergarten, they are surprised.

Posted via CB10
    saint300 and bbfanfan like this.
    01-30-20 01:24 PM
    I completely agree. I bought a used PPSE a few months ago and have added nothing android to it. One reason to get it was to remain google-free. No social media. Pure BB10.
    I have a Key2 for android needs but am keeping fb off of it. Both devices go over a day on a charge. Love them!
    truth4u likes this.
    01-30-20 03:51 PM
    I never feel like an old fogey when I bring out my OG Passport in a store to show the young clerks an on-screen barcode; the Passport always gets compliments like "that phone's beautiful, which BlackBerry is that?"
    truth4u and The_Passporter like this.
    01-30-20 05:18 PM
416 ... 45678 ...