01-13-15 04:03 PM
43 12
tools

3.)You need to operate it with both hands. walking at the airport with the trolley in one hand and using the phone in the other is very very difficult or lets say impossible. (I am 185cm tall and have quiet big hands)
    I could live with that, even it would not be so comfortable

4.)The settings you can do on the device is quiet poor. You have to use it as it is. When you see this android versions what the can change, just forget it on the Passport. You have to adopt the full working style from the Passport.
    e.g. LED notification stops blinking after 15min (I would like to change it to unlimited not possible)
    e.g. Music player you get a list of the 10 most listened songs you have to life with it, you can not deactivate it. No list view in the music player

5.)The HUB is a great tool. The idea is great! I like it; all communication in one application. All looks the same (at least I think this should be the intention). How ever almost no application is integrated well. Whats app is ok. Facabook is not really integrated after opening a fb message from the HUB it will jump to the Facebook messenger.

6.)Whats App is running quiet good; even if the quality and optic is quiet poor (compared with I phone)

Now the point which was the killer for me

7.)I want to have one tool as communication center. I do not like to travel with two phones. So I also need to have WeChat (is like WhatsApp for China), Skype, Viber ect. you know, just all the very known communication tools .
    All this application where available but they were running on the android simulation. So when the application is not open you will not get any notification until you open the program again. No skype notification until you go into the program
    I do not want to have this programs open all the time I want to have proper notification on such a tool and no workaround.
    With this I could not life sorry .

And one more comment: Movie maker it is the most useless program I ever saw I do not understand how BB could put a single Dollar in such a s. program.
    3) you should have known this from the start simply by looking at it, right?

4) seems to me like it's not the problem of the device. Heard of the saying 'a smartphone is only as smart as its user can be'?

5) something doesn't seem right here. Haven't experienced this. And I don't think it's not device dependent. I know of how BB10 works

6) define quality

7) do you know about the active frames?

Hate me for this but, for me, you gave Passport a bad name, sir. I really feel sorry for... the Passport that went through your hand.

Edit: regarding the story teller, it came free right?
    KingOfQwerty and thedose like this.
    11-26-14 05:01 PM
    The OP has disappeared!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jevinzac; 11-26-14 at 10:02 PM.
    11-26-14 09:04 PM
    Wait for classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 09:19 PM
    7.) I want to have one tool as communication center. I do not like to travel with two phones. So I also need to have WeChat (is like WhatsApp for China), Skype, Viber ect. you know, just all the very known communication tools .
    All this application where available but they were running on the android simulation. So when the application is not open you will not get any notification until you open the program again. No skype notification until you go into the program
    I do not want to have this programs open all the time I want to have proper notification on such a tool and no workaround.
    WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber and Skype are all third party apps right? how well integrated they are into the hub will be decided by the developer

so why are you blaming BB for that?

besides, did you install the native versions of these apps or you downloaded the android versions? there's no way the android version loaded via apk will work the way a native version will work
    11-27-14 04:20 AM
    Honestly, OP, this entire thread is just a time waster for us and surprisingly for a busy person like you. If I were you, I would have thrown the PP in to dust bin and moved on with whatever phone I like.

This one handed / two handed use case is stretched too much. In reality it depends upon usage environment. At least to me, i use both intuitively.

Which other phone gives you at least the same level of LED notification? And there are tons of application to tweak what you want.

And Hub. Ha. Point to me any app in any other eco system that has as much usability as Hub. Please don't complain about Hub in BlackBerry forum.

Anyways, best wishes for finding your right device. If you do, please enlighten the dumb souls here. :-)
    11-27-14 05:43 AM
    Haha so funny I read some comets of type I'm 185 and I can write with one hand no way man I am 190 and it is impossible to write with one hand even worst if you are walking. I have also some cons I can not find the settings for some app to make the update manual they always makes update as I open them for example accu weather. Another thing that I really don't like is the touch sometimes I need to press it 2 or3 times to close the program also in corners for example at camera or phone you may need to press it twice. Map I can not understand the sens of ball we need the orientation arrow not ably on navigation.
    The mos annoyng thing qwerty touch doest work in every program.
    What I like is it has great view.
    Battery and the screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 03:08 AM
    First I'd like to state you most likely never will find the perfect phone. I've been looking for one since the pretty early 2000s and I yet have to find it. There are always a number of smaller things which bother me, I am rather sure you'll have a similar problem.

Next on I agree with all the handed critics going on. But!: It was known before. The Passport never was marketed as a compact device nor can you actually blame it for being too large, it's not like nobody knew at least a few things regarding the dimensions prior opening the box. Of course seeing those numbers or, in my case, even have a hands-on with a similar sized card pouch are two pair of shoes. If you really need to handle a lot of one-handed situation, the one with your luggage is a pretty common one, this simply ain't the right tool for the job. It kinda is like buying a huge tv screen for a small hobby room and blaming the tv for being too large after all.
    Having said that I also encounter a few situations where I simply wish I had my Q10 with me, which was more pocketable.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 05:37 AM
    I read your entire message

You would probably be better off on android as a good portion of your use seems more app / personal related than just as a business device.

That said most of your concerns with some of the quirks might be addressed at some point or compensated with an application.

That said you have your own personal desires and know what you want so hopefully you will be ok with something

PS - I've managed to actually become able to use the phone one handed. I prefer to type with two hands no matter which device but it's manageable with practice.

Take care.

Posted via CB10
    The classic is the better device for you and in os update 10.3.1 will give you the features you want and with the familiarity of the older os will be better all around!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-28-14 05:42 AM
    Why is this thread still open? The OP has not replied since his first post! For whom are we wasting our energy? :P

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and KingOfQwerty like this.
    11-28-14 07:25 AM
    Haha so funny I read some comets of type I'm 185 and I can write with one hand no way man I am 190 and it is impossible to write with one hand even worst if you are walking. I have also some cons I can not find the settings for some app to make the update manual they always makes update as I open them for example accu weather. Another thing that I really don't like is the touch sometimes I need to press it 2 or3 times to close the program also in corners for example at camera or phone you may need to press it twice. Map I can not understand the sens of ball we need the orientation arrow not ably on navigation.
    The mos annoyng thing qwerty touch doest work in every program.
    What I like is it has great view.
    Battery and the screen.

Posted via CB10
    I typed this reply using one hand and the swipe keyboard... it is possible for some people, you are not the benchmark

Also, please turn on auto correct

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    11-29-14 06:02 AM
    Wechat is native.

Posted via CB10
    I was using the Android version this whole time. Many thanks! I'm all about that Hub integration life!

via my Canadian Passport
    Last edited by AZN; 11-30-14 at 12:43 PM.
    11-29-14 10:08 AM
    Movie maker does wonders for me. you must NOT edit videos ever!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 10:29 AM
    I'm not using English for casual writing,you can write with one hand but not fast and is difficult to walk while writing.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 03:18 PM
    I have the same issues.

Skype: only works if left open in an active slot. First, it drains the battery, second, it occupies an active slot, third, it is buggy.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:13 PM
    I have the same issues.

Skype: only works if left open in an active slot. First, it drains the battery, second, it occupies an active slot, third, it is buggy.

Posted via CB10
    Just about everyone and their dog knows that Skype for BlackBerry 10 is a rubbish app. It's not even native so why do you expect it to work like a native app??

I don't get all the moaning in here, there are so many reviews of the Passport out there. At least do some research before buying the damned device!!! Everyone that has seen my Passport wants one and as much as I want them to buy one. I always make sure I point out its flaws and let them handle my device as I don't want them to part with their hard earned pennies, only for them to be disappointed and regretting their decision.

This place is getting tiring now, the Passport has never been sold as a one handed device. If you cannot deal with that then don't buy it simples, if you want a one handed device then the classic may be the device to get.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:31 PM
    BlackBerry advertisement said it runs android apps.
    It didn't say they drain the battery, or run buggy.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:47 PM
    Some people are just way too bored. The point of all this is? If by posting these chronicles you think you may sway people away from getting a passport, what good is that anyway. Just my take!! #Rubbish

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    01-13-15 03:49 PM
    BlackBerry advertisement said it runs android apps.
    It didn't say they drain the battery, or run buggy.

Posted via CB10
    Which it does??? Do apple or android say their apps are buggy and drain the battery?? As some android apps that I had on my samsung S3 ran buggy and drained the battery. No they don't and BlackBerry doesn't need to either. BlackBerry 10 does run android apps and some of them very well, but it won't run all of them as it's not a fully fledged Android phone. If u want android apps to run perfectly then buy an android phone :shrug:

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    01-13-15 04:03 PM
43 12