Sorry for the confusion is Face10 not FB10!!! But doesn't it sound funny paying for Facebook App? It's like you have to pay to access your email account. What would you think if you have to pay to download App to view your Gmail, Yahoo, or your Hotmail accounts? We pretty feel that FB App is always free and should works on our BlackBerry like it's works on the Android and iPhone.

Lots of respect goes to the Face10 App developer, but zero respect for BlackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    It's because it's a native BlackBerry app, and there is an expectation that native BlackBerry apps have no adverts, which is the reason why most Android apps are free. The developers make their money off the adverts, and in app purchses. Also, Nemory took it upon himself to build this app on his own without a lot of outside help. Do you not think all the time he spent is worth something? I do. How would you like to work tirelessly for two months, only to have nothing to show for it?

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    02-07-16 06:11 PM
    It's because it's a native BlackBerry app, and there is an expectation that native BlackBerry apps have no adverts, which is the reason why most Android apps are free. The developers make their money off the adverts, and in app purchses. Also, Nemory took it upon himself to build this app on his own without a lot of outside help. Do you not think all the time he spent is worth something? I do. How would you like to work tirelessly for two months, only to have nothing to show for it?

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    I agree. After reading through these posts I thought I would check out Face10. I've been accessing FB through the browser which works well.
    I downloaded Face10 and after a couple of minutes use I bought the Pro version. Whether I use this app 100% for FB or switch between the two I always try to support those who support Blackberry.
    Great job on this app.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    02-07-16 06:25 PM
    It's because they don't have the resources to keep updating the native BB10 Facebook app. BlackBerry's switch to Andriod has pretty much put the final nail into BB10 native app support. Face10 is a great alternative and if you want quality apps you have to pay for them.

Posted via the amazing Passport
    Even though they're short on resources... it took 1 dev about a month to get face10 to this level "hacking " image what 1 dev at BlackBerry could accomplish given he'll have access to the legit api etc.

I don't buy this lack of resources excuse.

Posted via  Z❿
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    02-07-16 06:48 PM
    Even though they're short on resources... it took 1 dev about a month to get face10 to this level "hacking " image what 1 dev at BlackBerry could accomplish given he'll have access to the legit api etc.

I don't buy this lack of resources excuse.

Posted via  Z❿
    Exactly, and take note this one man team (Nemory) developed not only Face10 but also Inst10, Twitty (Twitter), Scope10 (Periscope) and Ober app. Although Development in a bigger company follows a more structured SDLC which will include Spec writters, Code reviewers, QAs, documentation, etc. The lack of resources is not a valid reason.
    BerrySoul and PHughes like this.
    02-07-16 08:37 PM
    I don't think it's exactly a lack of resources so much as where they're choosing to allocate them. Why use a months worth of resources to develop something that isn't likely a huge priority for the enterprise customer?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 08:57 PM
    I don't think it's exactly a lack of resources so much as where they're choosing to allocate them. Why use a months worth of resources to develop something that isn't likely a huge priority for the enterprise customer?

Posted via CB10
    You mean like BBM stickers? And like all the games and apps you can now get because of Google Play? Not a huge priority for enterprises. So why go Android?
    jas1978 likes this.
    02-07-16 10:20 PM
    Actually it is from a lack of trying. They went after small developers, but didn't try to get the large apps to the platform. They also showed many popular apps that were supposed to be there at launch and never were. They either lied or at the least mislead customers. They needed to spend the millions on getting access to the main apps and instead they threw small money at developers. If they had focused on the big apps and got good sales, the small developers would have come on side.
    Anyone who believes it's from a lack of trying wasn't paying attention. Yeah, they had stuff for the small developers, but they offered incentives and hand-holding for the big name app developers too. The big name developers saw that the user base wasn't enough to warrant their time and effort in building an app for an all new platform, even after BlackBerry had offered their own devs to help them.

Also keep in mind that BlackBerry didn't and doesn't have the deep pockets that Microsoft had to woo developers to Windows Phone, and even Microsoft has been disappointing in the same regard.

You're correct in that BlackBerry did show app logos of apps that were supposed to come, obviously with the company's permission to be part of their launch. But to say BlackBerry lied or mislead is entirely a matter of opinion, when I'd be willing to bet that the companies pulled out and stopped developing their apps after seeing that the launch of BlackBerry10 wasn't putting up the numbers that everyone had expected.
    cbvinh likes this.
    02-07-16 11:45 PM
    Anyone who believes it's from a lack of trying wasn't paying attention. Yeah, they had stuff for the small developers, but they offered incentives and hand-holding for the big name app developers too. The big name developers saw that the user base wasn't enough to warrant their time and effort in building an app for an all new platform, even after BlackBerry had offered their own devs to help them.

Also keep in mind that BlackBerry didn't and doesn't have the deep pockets that Microsoft had to woo developers to Windows Phone, and even Microsoft has been disappointing in the same regard.

You're correct in that BlackBerry did show app logos of apps that were supposed to come, obviously with the company's permission to be part of their launch. But to say BlackBerry lied or mislead is entirely a matter of opinion, when I'd be willing to bet that the companies pulled out and stopped developing their apps after seeing that the launch of BlackBerry10 wasn't putting up the numbers that everyone had expected.
    OH. I was paying attention. I even had a Dev Alpha device and have my Red LE Z10. BlackBerry didn't offer enough incentives or they would have got the big name apps. And please provide the details about what they did provide the big names?
    02-08-16 05:36 AM
    The fact of the matter is that if you don't want to pay for Face10, you can either use the free version with fewer features, use the browser, or if you're a masochist, use the original app.

Nemory Studios is not exactly Facebook corporate or something. He's a guy that puts out good apps, and actively supports them. He'll respond to comments and questions.

I went to Pro almost immediately, I have no problem giving a small developer that puts out a good product something for it. That and some of the Pro features were some of the biggest reasons I hated the official app. Is the app perfect? No. But there are going to be improvements made.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    02-08-16 08:07 AM
    More proof that few people care about privacy.
    02-08-16 09:32 AM
    Actually it is from a lack of trying. They went after small developers, but didn't try to get the large apps to the platform.
    Of course they did. They had a VP whose job it was to do that specifically. But, the large app makers simply weren't interested in BB10 as a platform - they didn't believe it would be viable (it was widely understood that 4th Place was irrelevant, and most people were skeptical that 3rd Place would even be viable - and it isn't). BB "threw a party" called BB10, but the big app devs "just weren't into that kind of party" and didn't show up, despite knowing exactly what BB10 was. There really wasn't a lot BB could do about that. It was BB's fault that they were so late and that the market leaders were already firmly entrenched at 1st and 2nd Place.
    SK122387 and DaDaDogg like this.
    02-08-16 10:22 AM
    Received by Passport today. I've always been a fan of Blackberry but went to an iPhone for a few years.

I'm back to Blackberry, the passport reviews were mostly good which is what sold me but now I'm struggling to find apps that work.

I downloaded Snap but now find that FB and Messenger don't work anymore.

Where / How do I download FB10.

Thanks for any help.
    If you want Google Playstore in ur Passport, get the Cobalt's Google playstore version. It works really good. Follow these instructions: http://cobalt232.github.io/playstore/ The FB 10 App you find it in The BlackBerry World app in ur phone.

  
    02-08-16 10:38 AM
    You mean like BBM stickers? And like all the games and apps you can now get because of Google Play? Not a huge priority for enterprises. So why go Android?
    I think the move to android wasn't strictly for enterprise I was only referring to why they weren't investing more into bb10. I don't think they're attracting many regular consumers to bb10 so that's not where resources are.

As for stickers I'm assuming that was a hope for cross platform success? No idea there.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 01:12 PM
    Stupid question time. If a small but industrious concern like Nemory can put out not one, but a few apps that are improvements on or provide added functionality to existing built in apps, why can't Blackberry throw a few dollars his way? No need to divert 'resources', but it would seem like a win-win that would offer a bone to loyal BlackBerry users who are hungry for a little app attention. Just askin....

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 03:57 PM
    Stupid question time. If a small but industrious concern like Nemory can put out not one, but a few apps that are improvements on or provide added functionality to existing built in apps, why can't Blackberry throw a few dollars his way? No need to divert 'resources', but it would seem like a win-win that would offer a bone to loyal BlackBerry users who are hungry for a little app attention. Just askin....

Posted via CB10

They should hire him fulltime, have some developers help him, in return, offer the apps for free to BB10 customers.
    02-08-16 04:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    They had a vision from when Chen started to get out of the smartphone business and that means dropping app developers.

There is no other way to explain how bad BlackBerry has handled the app situation.
    02-08-16 05:33 PM
    I had installed nemory's Face 10 app. But then when I Uninstalled the app, it still showed in hub. Any ideas to get it out of hub? Look snapshot below
    FB10 is top download....-img_20160209_124250.png

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 02:12 AM
    For me, it got automatically removed after I uninstalled it.
    May b try rebooting.

Posted with Passport SE
    02-09-16 02:38 AM
    If u mean restarting the phone using power button I tried it. I tried to even shutdown and restart. I have even tried to reinstall and then uninstall. But nothing works! Already sent FB message to nemory studios.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 02:42 AM
    Facebook for BlackBerry = App made by BlackBerry

Facebook = App made by Facebook (not natively available in BlackBerry OS 10) (Facebook never did an app for BlackBerry 10 devices)

Face 10 = App made by Nemory Oliver(Native & robust Facebook app)

Check out GTR Lifestyle at C001247FA
    02-09-16 04:10 AM
    OH. I was paying attention. I even had a Dev Alpha device and have my Red LE Z10. BlackBerry didn't offer enough incentives or they would have got the big name apps. And please provide the details about what they did provide the big names?
    Seeing as I don't work for BlackBerry and don't know exactly what they offered the big names, I don't have a dollar amount to provide. But I remember Alec Saunders saying something to the effect of BlackBerry offering their own devs to help any of the big names get their apps on the platform.

Time is money, and BlackBerry offered their time so the big name app people wouldn't have to put in much of theirs.

If they were giving you, a small scale developer (I'm guessing), dev and limited edition devices....then I can only imagine the resources and other things they were offering companies with the big apps.
    02-09-16 12:48 PM
    Seeing as I don't work for BlackBerry and don't know exactly what they offered the big names, I don't have a dollar amount to provide. But I remember Alec Saunders saying something to the effect of BlackBerry offering their own devs to help any of the big names get their apps on the platform.

Time is money, and BlackBerry offered their time so the big name app people wouldn't have to put in much of theirs.

If they were giving you, a small scale developer (I'm guessing), dev and limited edition devices....then I can only imagine the resources and other things they were offering companies with the big apps.
    They should have offered money and developers if they wanted to actually get the app access. It wasn't a lot of money to give developers a Z10 with a different colour case and a dev alpha which was a beta device.
    02-09-16 01:00 PM
    They should have offered money and developers if they wanted to actually get the app access. It wasn't a lot of money to give developers a Z10 with a different colour case and a dev alpha which was a beta device.
    To regular developers, they had the $10,000 deal, where if your app made over $1,000 and was of certified quality, you'd make $10,000 in a year, and if you didn't, BlackBerry would write you a check for whatever it cost to get you to $10,000.

Again, if BlackBerry was offering this sort of money to regular devs, surely you can imagine the money and resources they were offering the developers of apps that people really wanted.
    02-09-16 01:40 PM
    To regular developers, they had the $10,000 deal, where if your app made over $1,000 and was of certified quality, you'd make $10,000 in a year, and if you didn't, BlackBerry would write you a check for whatever it cost to get you to $10,000.

Again, if BlackBerry was offering this sort of money to regular devs, surely you can imagine the money and resources they were offering the developers of apps that people really wanted.
    It was a very narrow time frame and from what I heard, hard to get your app to qualify for the reward. I know, I tried, but you can't write a good app withing the time frame that they had to qualify. So if you make programs that people can't use, it isn't really a good program.
    02-09-16 01:44 PM
    The native Facebook app got pretty bad pretty fast and there wasn't any sign of it looking up, great to see at least some talented developers doing their best to give us some decent working apps. The app is worth its salt.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 02:19 PM
55 123