BlackBerry is not talking care of their phone user... they can't get Facebook to work well on Passport and have to wait for this FB10 to show up and charge us 3$ for using.....
    It's not about 3$ I can tell u but it shows how BlackBerry can't even get the most popular APP to works well on it's phone.....

Posted via CB10
    acovey and devin266 like this.
    02-06-16 07:59 PM
    That's a well known fact that BlackBerry is probably doesn't care. They probably don't have any idea of how many users and prospective users they are losing for not having those popular and commonly used apps. They don't need to have thousand to million of apps just to compete with others. They need only to invest on those popular and most commonly used apps... instead, they joined the wagon of Android system...

By the way, the developer of F10 is not affiliated to BlackBerry and or FaceBook. He spent time and skills on developing that app. So, I guess, it is only his rights to gain something from it.

Posted via CB10
    gruv4u, PHughes and devin266 like this.
    02-06-16 09:24 PM
    It's because they don't have the resources to keep updating the native BB10 Facebook app. BlackBerry's switch to Andriod has pretty much put the final nail into BB10 native app support. Face10 is a great alternative and if you want quality apps you have to pay for them.

Posted via the amazing Passport
    02-06-16 09:25 PM
    Face 10 is already better than the native app ever was. Even when they were actively updating it.

Posted via CB10
    gruv4u and Btop like this.
    02-06-16 09:40 PM
    That app shows free for me.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    02-06-16 10:01 PM
    It Free for try out then you pay to get full access...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 02:18 AM
    Received by Passport today. I've always been a fan of Blackberry but went to an iPhone for a few years.

I'm back to Blackberry, the passport reviews were mostly good which is what sold me but now I'm struggling to find apps that work.

I downloaded Snap but now find that FB and Messenger don't work anymore.

Where / How do I download FB10.

Thanks for any help.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    02-07-16 04:00 AM
    The app is called Face10 it's a new app and is coming along very nicely. It's great to see apps still being made for BB10 seeing as Blackberry don't? So please give your support so this can continue. It's a small price to pay.

Rocking the awesome Z30,Q10 and the super awesome passport.
    02-07-16 04:06 AM
    what is FB10 ???
    I only know about OS10...
    How can I autoload the FB10 OS as update...

There is no FB on my device, where can I find that, what is that anyway...
    LOL...

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-07-16 04:17 AM
    That's a well known fact that BlackBerry is probably doesn't care. They probably don't have any idea of how many users and prospective users they are losing for not having those popular and commonly used apps. They don't need to have thousand to million of apps just to compete with others. They need only to invest on those popular and most commonly used apps... instead, they joined the wagon of Android system...

By the way, the developer of F10 is not affiliated to BlackBerry and or FaceBook. He spent time and skills on developing that app. So, I guess, it is only his rights to gain something from it.

Posted via CB10
    They tried for years to get the big name apps to come. When they launched BlackBerry 10, they had a few big name ones, though they were mostly Android ports.

BlackBerry threw everything but the kitchen sink at developers to get them to come. It didn't pan out, and slowly, the app updates have essentially run dry. I only use Twitter and BBM and CB10, and I'd be shocked if Twitter for BlackBerry was ever updated again. BBM basically just gets security updates now, no new features, and CB10 gets updates as infrequently as if it were an app by BlackBerry itself haha.

The lack of BlackBerry apps isn't for BlackBerry's lack of trying. Reminds me of that expression: sometimes your best just isn't good enough.

BlackBerry tried everything and it didn't work. Android was a last resort, and here we are.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev, jas1978 and zodmode247 like this.
    02-07-16 04:19 AM
    FB 10 is Facebook for BB10 Free download and pay for full version

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 04:22 AM
    I'm not paying a cent...facebook is free for android and ios why the fxck should I pay for a third party app...I'm not giving my details to them. Just use the web version + native app as a notification.....

Mia San Mia!
    02-07-16 04:24 AM
    I'm not paying a cent...facebook is free for android and ios why the fxck should I pay for a third party app...I'm not giving my details to them. Just use the web version + native app as a notification.....

Mia San Mia!
    what the heck are u talking about!? if ur not like the app ur free to not use face10. fb10 sucks almost 8months no update? hahaha lol.. and take note face10 is 10x better than the fb10!!

BlackBerry z10
    02-07-16 05:06 AM

Mia San Mia!
    Umm. You are not giving your detail to them. Face10 is a facebook client that uses Facebook API which means it connects directly to Facebook Servers.
    PHughes likes this.
    02-07-16 06:27 AM
    Some people whine that there aren't enough apps for BlackBerry, then they whine about the audacity of a developer of a Blackberry app charging essentially pocket change for the work he did in developing the app.
    Pathetic!
    02-07-16 06:36 AM

Mia San Mia!
    You get what you pay for. The native app is adequate, but FB10 is hands down better. I believe BlackBerry is looking at updating their app in the same way.....doesn't generate revenue...why do it?

BB10 will get to the point where users will need to have bounties and Kickstarter campaigns to develop native apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 07:28 AM
    what is FB10 ???
    I only know about OS10...
    How can I autoload the FB10 OS as update...

There is no FB on my device, where can I find that, what is that anyway...
    LOL...

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    There was a typo in this post. It is not FB10. It is Face10 which is a Native third party Facebook client developed by Nemory Studios.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    02-07-16 09:01 AM
    Sorry for the confusion is Face10 not FB10!!! But doesn't it sound funny paying for Facebook App? It's like you have to pay to access your email account. What would you think if you have to pay to download App to view your Gmail, Yahoo, or your Hotmail accounts? We pretty feel that FB App is always free and should works on our BlackBerry like it's works on the Android and iPhone.

Lots of respect goes to the Face10 App developer, but zero respect for BlackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 09:18 AM
    There's always the option to use the browser to access facebook. On every platform developers make third party apps for twitter and facebook etc. If they make a better alternative they should be compensated.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 09:21 AM
    They tried for years to get the big name apps to come. When they launched BlackBerry 10, they had a few big name ones, though they were mostly Android ports.

BlackBerry threw everything but the kitchen sink at developers to get them to come. It didn't pan out, and slowly, the app updates have essentially run dry. I only use Twitter and BBM and CB10, and I'd be shocked if Twitter for BlackBerry was ever updated again. BBM basically just gets security updates now, no new features, and CB10 gets updates as infrequently as if it were an app by BlackBerry itself haha.

The lack of BlackBerry apps isn't for BlackBerry's lack of trying. Reminds me of that expression: sometimes your best just isn't good enough.

BlackBerry tried everything and it didn't work. Android was a last resort, and here we are.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it is from a lack of trying. They went after small developers, but didn't try to get the large apps to the platform. They also showed many popular apps that were supposed to be there at launch and never were. They either lied or at the least mislead customers. They needed to spend the millions on getting access to the main apps and instead they threw small money at developers. If they had focused on the big apps and got good sales, the small developers would have come on side.
    02-07-16 09:30 AM
    Sorry for the confusion is Face10 not FB10!!! But doesn't it sound funny paying for Facebook App? It's like you have to pay to access your email account. What would you think if you have to pay to download App to view your Gmail, Yahoo, or your Hotmail accounts? We pretty feel that FB App is always free and should works on our BlackBerry like it's works on the Android and iPhone.

Lots of respect goes to the Face10 App developer, but zero respect for BlackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    Actually you pay for it by allowing Google to get all your email information and allows targeted ads. All that stuff is not free.
    DaDaDogg likes this.
    02-07-16 09:31 AM
    Sorry for the confusion is Face10 not FB10!!! But doesn't it sound funny paying for Facebook App? It's like you have to pay to access your email account.
    You already do. How else do you get access to your emails?
    Internet provider? Cellular provider? Free internet access at Starbucks-McDonald's? Your taxes pay to inspect those places. Library? More of the same. Everything comes at a cost.
    02-07-16 09:33 AM
    In fact, I think it is bb's biggest downfall that it did not invest properly in popular apps to ensure they worked really well. But I am not against private market apps, if they are good.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 10:01 AM
    So does FB and BlackBerry.... we all allow in one way or another for them to access to our information we provided to them....

admit to it....BlackBerry OS10 is losing to Android and IOS...
    Loving an Old horse doesn't mean it can win the race!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 10:03 AM
    Actually you pay for it by allowing Google to get all your email information and allows targeted ads. All that stuff is not free.
    Which is why I use StartMail.
    Works great on BB10.

Gets the job done.
    Before the usual responses come, for the record, I use privacy measures as a matter of principle, not because of "something to hide".

Lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 02-07-16 at 10:20 AM.
    02-07-16 10:03 AM
55 123