Hi everyone, anyone experience the same problem as mentioned above? Screen gets super bright at night even when I turned it to the minimum via the brightness settings. Worse of all there's no backlight. So I get a super bright screen with no lights on the keyboard at night.

Please advise if you have a fix. Thanks in advance!
    196767 likes this.
    05-14-17 04:28 PM
    Hi everyone, anyone experience the same problem as mentioned above? Screen gets super bright at night even when I turned it to the minimum via the brightness settings. Worse of all there's no backlight. So I get a super bright screen with no lights on the keyboard at night.

Please advise if you have a fix. Thanks in advance!
    Download or run Blackberry Virtual Expert and run its various screen and keyboard tests.

Have you rebooted or restarted? Have you installed any new apps in the last few days?

How old is device and do you have warranty or insurance?

Good luck.
    05-14-17 05:18 PM
    Download or run Blackberry Virtual Expert and run its various screen and keyboard tests.

Have you rebooted or restarted? Have you installed any new apps in the last few days?

How old is device and do you have warranty or insurance?

Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply. I did run the bbve and it showed fail for light and proximity sensor. Restarted the phone couple of times its still the same. No new apps, I factory reset it (does not solve the problems) and it's running on stock apps only. Had it for about 2 yrs, no warranty whatsoever left.
    05-15-17 01:24 PM
    Screen protector or something that covers or impedes the proximity or light sensor? Dust or dirt?
    05-15-17 04:29 PM
    Screen protector or something that covers or impedes the proximity or light sensor? Dust or dirt?
    I seriously doubt so..
    05-16-17 01:38 PM
    I have the same problem!! I have tried everything I can think of .. can anyone suggest a good repair shop where I can get these sensors fixed pls ?
    06-14-17 09:15 AM
    Have the same problem and this is not the only one. This will be my first and last blackberry. Disappointed!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 10:45 AM
    Try a couple of hard reset first. Y'know, the both volume button down for 30 seconds.
    If you are going to the repair shop, you may as well try to open up the phone, clean the inside of the sensor window, and lift the spring contacts on the sensor module up a bit so they can make better contact with the main board.
    If the above doesn't work, then yeah, repair shop and or looking for a spare sensor module.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 12:10 PM