Just curious... what's making you want to switch from note 4 to passport?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:09 AM
    I've got the same question. ordered my Red Passport and hopefully get it tomorrow in the mail. Just wondering if T-Mobile works flawless with the phone.
    It is for me. As others have noted, only wifi is an issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:58 AM
    Just curious... what's making you want to switch from note 4 to passport?

Posted via CB10
    Dmateo,
    I am a bit of a cellphone "trollop"...I switch devices all the time. I used to work in the wireless industry so I think it's in my wiring...is that an oxymoron? LOL... Also, I have always gone back to BB...regardless of the harassment I get from my friends. I am fascinated by BB for some reason. I'm not much of an app junkie, basically just use the normal social media apps, maybe a banking app, weather app and a couple music apps...otherwise I use it mostly for texting and work correspondence. I enjoy being different, and as much as I LOVE the Note 4, I feel like just another face in the crowd of identical smartphones! I think BB makes gorgeous and reliable devices, and I am IN LOVE with the white Passport!
    dmateo likes this.
    01-07-15 11:32 AM
    MMS always on is for the group text messaging, without having that on, your messages in a group go out individually making it hard for everyone to respond properly. Not sure if its a BB thing, or Passport thing, or just a Passport on T-Mobile thing, but that's the way around it.

What's the downside to having MMS always on?
    01-07-15 11:41 AM
    That would be me. Works perfectly. Much better than my Z10 as the signal reception is the best I've seen.
    01-07-15 11:45 AM
    It is for me. As others have noted, only wifi is an issue.

Posted via CB10
    My experience with the T-Mobile Wifi Calling was very poor. The Wifi feature functioned sporadically.
    01-07-15 11:48 AM
    Pop the sim in and go. Works flawlessly.

Posted via RED Passport on CB 10
    01-07-15 12:04 PM
    My experience with the T-Mobile Wifi Calling was very poor. The Wifi feature functioned sporadically.

Agreed, I never had good luck with wifi calling either...I always had it shut off so this is certainly not a deal breaker for me.
    01-07-15 01:17 PM
    I live in Chicago and it works flawlessly on T-Mobile. The only thing that won't work is Wi-Fi calling.
    01-07-15 01:19 PM
    Dmateo,
    I am a bit of a cellphone "trollop"...I switch devices all the time. I used to work in the wireless industry so I think it's in my wiring...is that an oxymoron? LOL... Also, I have always gone back to BB...regardless of the harassment I get from my friends. I am fascinated by BB for some reason. I'm not much of an app junkie, basically just use the normal social media apps, maybe a banking app, weather app and a couple music apps...otherwise I use it mostly for texting and work correspondence. I enjoy being different, and as much as I LOVE the Note 4, I feel like just another face in the crowd of identical smartphones! I think BB makes gorgeous and reliable devices, and I am IN LOVE with the white Passport!
    Completely understandable I came from having a note 2 and then a note 3 to the q10 and now the passport (with a z30 as a backup). There's just something about having a BlackBerry device that almost makes you a bit rebellious for going against the grain. They're really awesome devices that are built to be reliable, efficient, and stylish. I have at least one person every time I take the subway ask my about my passport! You'll really love it I hope you decide to get it. Coming from a q10 it really is a HUGE leap in the right direction. You're probably already used to two handed usage with the note 4 so you'll be fine. The physical keyboard is just the icing on the cake!

Posted via CB10
    jskerutis likes this.
    01-07-15 02:20 PM
    I'm also on tmobile in nyc.. I get 4GLTE pretty much everywhere with no issues whatsoever. I don't use wifi calling (except for viber) and that seems to work fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 02:22 PM
    Nice, I'm sure you'll love the Passport. But get it through Amazon, shopblackberry is very iffy. Amazon is usually faster, with much better service.

From a Z30
    01-07-15 02:27 PM
    It works great, I have the black and the red.

I get really good LTE everywhere, more places than on my Q10 and Z10 that I had on T-Mobile.

Make sure you get a nano sim, if you're not already using one on the Note4, and don't make the mistake I did, which was to continue to pay for insurance on devices that I already had (Q10), since T-Mobile can't insure a device they don't even carry (Passport!).
    stacymarie1979 likes this.
    01-07-15 02:27 PM
    Had mine since Christmas and really enjoy it. You won't be disappointed in the least.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 02:33 PM
    That's it...I'm sold! Haha...I am a girl, so typing with both hands on my cell is nothing new...I have also had the Bold 9930, Z10 and Q10...and liked each for different reasons...and BB10 is such a major advancement from their old software, surprising more people don't bother to give it a shot!

Thanks for your insight!
    01-07-15 02:48 PM
    thanks for the Amazon tip...wonder if I can get it through Amazon Prime...love that 2 day shipping! LOL...
    01-07-15 02:49 PM
    thank you for letting me know it takes the nano! I have the micro in my N4! I would have been pissed! LOL...
    01-07-15 02:50 PM
    thank you for letting me know it takes the nano! I have the micro in my N4! I would have been pissed! LOL...
    Yes. I got my passport and was super excited then realized ithe sim doesn't fit! Face palm! Then went to tmo store and they were out because of the iPhone 6 launch. Spent the next 12 hours hunting a Nano Sim down. Lol. Enjoy your new phone, it sounds like you are going for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 03:18 PM
    Went from a Galaxy 4s and I can not say enough how much I like my passport. I have had the passport since Nov 4th with no issues and really like how the email works with the hub feature. Before the Galaxy I had a 9930. no one has mentioned the battery life, I am at 3 days with regular use and I am at 37% at the end of day 3.
    01-07-15 03:29 PM
    Just call 611 and tell T-Mobile you need a nano. They will make a note on your account, and then you can go into a store and have the sales rep switch you over from a micro to nano. Usually they charge $10, but if you call 611 ahead of time and have it setup, they waive the fee.

It worked for me when I got my Passport, and then you can use that $10 toward a case or something cool.
    stacymarie1979 and Hlao-roo like this.
    01-07-15 03:30 PM
    Thank you all for your amazing feedback! I am now very excited to order my BB Passport! Can't wait to bug you all later, when I'm trying to figure out all the cool tips and tricks it can do!

Happy New Year!
    01-07-15 03:45 PM
    Just call 611 and tell T-Mobile you need a nano. They will make a note on your account, and then you can go into a store and have the sales rep switch you over from a micro to nano. Usually they charge $10, but if you call 611 ahead of time and have it setup, they waive the fee.

It worked for me when I got my Passport, and then you can use that $10 toward a case or something cool.
    I went to a corporate owner store and they gave me one for free. Then I did the change over online. Took less than 1 min to do.
    01-07-15 04:30 PM
    I'm also using a factory unlocked Passport on tmo usa with no problems at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:08 PM
    Stacy, since you are in love with the white BB Passport, the price was dropped from $699 to $599 at Amazon today.
    01-07-15 07:20 PM
    I am using a Passport that is factory unlocked on TMO. Got it on Amazon. LTE is fine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-15 07:36 PM
65 123