Being a Verizon customer for years, I have been frustrated the they have never picked up the BlackBerry Passport into their lineup of hardware a la AT&T. I got a chance to play with a Passport SE a few nights ago that a friend had, and fell in love/lust with it almost immediately. Unfortunately, because of deep discounts I get at VZW, I won't leave...but I need to ask a question:

I didn't think that BlackBerry had ever produced a Passport SE with the CDMA radio...but I was told tonight that the factory unlocked SE had the capability of being used on Verizon, but it was Verizon that refused to unlock the radios for CDMA use on their network. Is that true? And, if it is...is there any way to have the CDMA cabability "unlocked" by a technician?
    12-12-16 05:21 PM
    Being a Verizon customer for years, I have been frustrated the they have never picked up the BlackBerry Passport into their lineup of hardware a la AT&T. I got a chance to play with a Passport SE a few nights ago that a friend had, and fell in love/lust with it almost immediately. Unfortunately, because of deep discounts I get at VZW, I won't leave...but I need to ask a question:

I didn't think that BlackBerry had ever produced a Passport SE with the CDMA radio...but I was told tonight that the factory unlocked SE had the capability of being used on Verizon, but it was Verizon that refused to unlock the radios for CDMA use on their network. Is that true? And, if it is...is there any way to have the CDMA cabability "unlocked" by a technician?
    No, the phone will not work locked or other
    12-12-16 05:30 PM
    No, the phone will not work locked or other
    What I was afraid of. Thanks.
    12-12-16 05:39 PM
    12-13-16 07:43 AM
    Love the photo...woof!
    12-13-16 07:43 AM