There are folks out there that would like to to use their BlackBerry OS10 Devices much longer than the circumstances might be allowing them to do right now. The news in circulation is not encouraging. A big investment for the device means that we also desire a return on our investment(s).
    However...

It is almost certain that BlackBerry is going to end its support for BB OS10 and the top class devices connected with it!

Question that arises then, is:
    How do we keep using the BlackBerry Passport (or the Z10, Classic, etc.) until the end of its life at least BEFORE we switch to whatever best meets our personal/ business requirements?! We'll need to keep the OS10 version of our device(s) running as long as possible.
    1. We'll need to keep BlackBerry Link (or an equivalent) running to synchronize and backup our data.
    2. We'll need to keep getting [at least] the Android Apps suited for our needs AND we'll need to keep updating them as well.

Here are a few links that might help you achieve all that without having to reserach 100s of pages of excellent help available on the net in various forums, incl. here:

?BlackBerry Link has stopped working? after updating to iTunes 12.5
    This FIX is for the BlackBerry Link Software.
    What had happened was that BlackBerry Link had stopped working for most of us that update their software frequently. When the iTunes file mentioned in the link is 'tweaked', it fixes the issue many have had. This link does NOT resolve issues that the ill-fated Windows Update(s) of September 13th, 2016 (or thereabouts) that many claim had caused for BlackBerry Link on Windows 10*, 8 and 7 machines (Microsoft, we read, is working on verifying that!).

*) BlackBerry Link is still NOT supported on Windows 10.

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...3153625/page/7
    The link to this FIX is on the 4th message (Page 7) and leads you to the BlackBerry App Store. This link is to download the Android Runtime that works perfectly with the current version of BB10.3.2.2836. You must restart your device though. Hereafter, you should NOT be having any issues with uninstalling Android Apps cleanly and/ or updating them on your OS10 device(s).
    If you are currently on your BlackBerry that is logged in, then just click the following link for the download in the BB App Store:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39879918

Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.
    This is the link to the best software available to help you download Android Apps to your OS10 enabled device. Snap, a Google Play Client, is indeed one heck of a good (and neat) solution for us trying to keep the BB10 devices alive. It needs to be sideloaded via Google Chrome and that's easy enough and described here:
    How To Sideload Google Play Client Snap For Android Apps On BlackBerry 10 - Blackberry Empire
    OR via Sachesi:
    https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne.../install-snap/

If RIM is reading this, I hope they see the desperation...
    We were sold excellent devices with some really neat solutions on BB10 but these devices aren't dead yet. Mr. John S. Chen, are you listening? Please help us in keeping them alive for at least 2 more years, so we can extract our ROI.

The demands for Mr. Chen are:
    A. Give us all urgent updates for your OS10.
    OR
    B. Give us a whole new PRIV like OS that can run on the BB10 devices as well, at least the BlackBerry Passport, your ex Flagship.
    Heavens1 and anon(8080272) like this.
    10-07-16 01:01 AM
    If you truly want to extend your ROI, wean yourself away from Link.
    10-07-16 01:32 AM
    Thanks @adamlau
    Okay... that's been the case with many who moved away from BB Link.
    What ONE solution is best then for backups and data synchronization??
    10-07-16 04:54 AM
    Thanks.

Posted via Passport OG
    10-07-16 08:28 AM
    My boss gave me this Passport. I had thought I got it for free but I was wrong. My boss surely got his ROI though, lol.

Posted from my  Passport
    10-07-16 11:11 AM
    My boss gave me this Passport. I had thought I got it for free but I was wrong. My boss surely got his ROI though, lol.

You've got a good boss....

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-07-16 03:29 PM
    You've got a good boss....

Yep, sure he's good for the job. Just a phone and he got me to work a lot more

10-08-16 08:38 AM
    I strongly suggest BB10 users consider an Android or iOS tablet. I personally have a business and personal cell so this solution works for me.

I may have tried Blend once, didn't care, not sure about Link.

On my android device, I don't keep backups at all. My data is backed up and saved in other resources that are not device dependent ( sending myself an email with attachments, dropbox, drive, etc.) I never restore my device, I usually keep a screenshot of the apps I use in my email. Sure in theory a auto restore is ideal, and I am sure they have gotten better but I still prefer to do it manually.

I don't use android apps on my Passport SE, when I used them on my classic it worked fine. BlackBerry World had the one app I needed, I use the, pre-installed weather app, but that's all. The device comes with superb hub, email, text, and phone calls. I love it.

As far as BlackBerry supporting BB10 I mean just because they don't sell the hardware doesn't mean the software is just gonna stop working. What are yall complaining about bb10 is very stable so I don't care if they update new features, just keep it running and we will make it work.

BlackBerry did not gain app traction to make bb10 appealing to the masses so trying to Finagle patches and crap just go android! Yall complain so they give you a Priv...and u still complain....lol I wouldn't mind even removing android runtime from my phone I don't use android on bb10!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 09:59 AM
    Very good info OP. Thanks for the info. I am also a new itunes user because the pod works with my radio system. This is news to me. Would have liked to seen this infor from BlackBerry about the win 10 update and itunes mess. I also feel windows update killed my link. It's just blows up and refuses to start in windows 10. I do run a win 7 virtual machine. Link will live there from now on. Blend still works with no problem. Even with itunes.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    10-08-16 01:05 PM
    Thanks @adamlau
    Okay... that's been the case with many who moved away from BB Link.
    What ONE solution is best then for backups and data synchronization??
    Buy a cheap win 7 machine or install a virtual machine for Link.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    10-08-16 01:09 PM
    Yep, sure he's good for the job. Just a phone and he got me to work a lot more

Smart too...he knows if you don't have it, he can't push you to work more haha

Still, you must be good enough for him to give a Passport to you!

10-08-16 01:27 PM