Please help, I have an Excel Document saved on Box.com, which I need to update almost every 2 days. Tried accessing it on file manager after logging in the box.com app, which actually I can open, but cannot edit it. I was wondering maybe that's because I had originally created it on PC. Tried using the Doc to go, but find it a bit hard with applying the formulas. Is there something I am missing. Is it possible to create an excel doc on a PC with the formulas and saving on Box.com and being able to edit or update on the passport through file manager. Or maybe I need to just learn the Docs to go, app and create the document with the formulas on it, then save on Box?. Please is there anyone who could kindly advise how they are handling their documents with cloud storage as back up. Maybe while saving the excel document on PC needs to be saved in a certain format. Thanks in advance for any advice or instruction.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 11:10 PM
    Are you sure you didn't create a read-only file on the PC? I would first check file permissions. Then, when you access it in Box, how are you opening it to edit it? If you simply tap on it, it will open in view only mode in Docs2Go. Then you need to tap the pencil icon to edit it.

If you first open MS Office Mobile, connect your Box.com files to it and then tap your spreadsheet, it will open in editable mode.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-01-15 08:14 AM
    Are you sure you didn't create a read-only file on the PC? I would first check file permissions. Then, when you access it in Box, how are you opening it to edit it? If you simply tap on it, it will open in view only mode in Docs2Go. Then you need to tap the pencil icon to edit it.

If you first open MS Office Mobile, connect your Box.com files to it and then tap your spreadsheet, it will open in editable mode.

Thank you ALToronto, really appreciate your input. I'll take your advise and check, but I am pretty sure I haven't saved it as read only file. I have signed in to box app, then I go to file manager, where you can choose all files in box and finally to the actual document. For some reason it just doesn't allow to edit, it says it's a locked file and shows a code A503. I'll try saving it again on the PC, making sure there are no limitations. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 11:50 AM

Hi ALToronto, just wanted to thank you very much. I created a new document and saved to box, then tried to edit through file manager, it never worked, thank you. This has saved me a lot of time, I can finally do my work on the go. I think the older document must be due to it being a very old document or something while saving wasn't done properly.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 09:12 PM
    Glad to help.

12-08-15 05:29 PM