Back to using my passport 100% for 10+ days or so. No zoom yet, but i can find another solution for that. I forgot there were no/poor emoji support, but that is a small price to pay. Nice to have the "speakerphone" option and the dialing pad both on the same screen again (they aren't, on my titan).

I had a rough moment at 'home depot' the other day, needed to look up if they had an item in stock via browser over DATA (not wifi). The BB10 browser wouldn't work with the site, and the fennec browser was being _extremely_ slow (but did end up succeeding in the end).

Then i decided, I'll just use remote desktop for everything i need that the passport doesn't do or do well. I know this isn't a solution for everyone, but it works well for me. I set up a virtual machine at work running windows 10, with SLACK (for work), chrome, and all the other applications i need. it works quite well.

i am using RDP apo 8.1.46.232, the other (newer) version i tried had screen size / resizing issues.

All you need is enough data bandwidth for a decent streaming session. I made an RDP file with all the settings i need (RDP gateway, 16bpp, etc. etc.), and it worked just fine.
    MadMalthus likes this.
    10-21-20 02:22 PM
    I could never stand the latency using a phone or even a computer, laptop or Tablet with a 4G connection. One thing I'm hoping 5G will fix.
    10-21-20 03:08 PM
    Back to using my passport 100% for 10+ days or so. No zoom yet, but i can find another solution for that. I forgot there were no/poor emoji support, but that is a small price to pay. Nice to have the "speakerphone" option and the dialing pad both on the same screen again (they aren't, on my titan).

I had a rough moment at 'home depot' the other day, needed to look up if they had an item in stock via browser over DATA (not wifi). The BB10 browser wouldn't work with the site, and the fennec browser was being _extremely_ slow (but did end up succeeding in the end).

Then i decided, I'll just use remote desktop for everything i need that the passport doesn't do or do well. I know this isn't a solution for everyone, but it works well for me. I set up a virtual machine at work running windows 10, with SLACK (for work), chrome, and all the other applications i need. it works quite well.

i am using RDP apo 8.1.46.232, the other (newer) version i tried had screen size / resizing issues.

All you need is enough data bandwidth for a decent streaming session. I made an RDP file with all the settings i need (RDP gateway, 16bpp, etc. etc.), and it worked just fine.
    Cool, I was just looking into whether BSON can be used as format for transport without transpiling anything, and with a good sync. Using stock browser with the hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-20 04:21 PM
    You can get the Emoji Pack app from BB World. It's a workaround that lets you copy some proper emoji and paste into text so your iOS/Android cohort can see some of what you emote at least!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-20 06:39 PM
    You can get the Emoji Pack app from BB World. It's a workaround that lets you copy some proper emoji and paste into text so your iOS/Android cohort can see some of what you emote at least!

Posted via CB10
    I think most of those have a charcter code reference like from these tables. Rich Text will work as a surface.
    https://codepen.io/collection/DbOmKZ/feed

Posted via CB10
    10-21-20 08:50 PM
    I think most of those have a charcter code reference like from these tables. Rich Text will work as a surface.
    https://codepen.io/collection/DbOmKZ/feed

Posted via CB10
    Sure. The app I cited is just a ready-made, easy way to get to common emoji and have a visual representation in the app.
    10-23-20 12:22 PM
    I could never stand the latency using a phone or even a computer, laptop or Tablet with a 4G connection. One thing I'm hoping 5G will fix.
    I use 3g most of the time and everything works without any problem or delay. I don't know what are you talking about...
    Yesterday I was on a zoom meeting for hour and a half, via hotspot from my other phone on 3g connection. And plus, using some other stuff. And never had any delay.
    I play wot blitz on my old phone, via same hotspot from my classic. Ping is 50 to 130 most of the time. And all that on a 3g connection.
    10-24-20 12:30 AM
    Sure. The app I cited is just a ready-made, easy way to get to common emoji and have a visual representation in the app.
    Yea, I have it also, its convenient. I was just pointing them out.

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    10-24-20 06:32 AM
    I use 3g most of the time and everything works without any problem or delay. I don't know what are you talking about...
    Yesterday I was on a zoom meeting for hour and a half, via hotspot from my other phone on 3g connection. And plus, using some other stuff. And never had any delay.
    I play wot blitz on my old phone, via same hotspot from my classic. Ping is 50 to 130 most of the time. And all that on a 3g connection.
    Zoom meeting you won't notice it, but using a Remote Desktop connect it's very apparent. But if it meets your needs... that's great.
    10-26-20 08:18 AM
    Latency on remote desktop will always be an issue, even with 5G, though it might be better. When working locally on a computer the latency between, say, your mouse and the cursor on the screen is 1-8 milliseconds. ANY remote desktop from the Internet is going to add to that time as signals from your local mouse still have to be processed locally, then have to move from your computer to the remote computer, be processed remotely, travel back over the Internet, and be rendered locally.

That's why only casual games can be run filly in the cloud as well.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    10-26-20 08:49 AM